Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Now I know it is Holiday season.

Hopefully your tamale deal was as sketchy as mine. 

We talking parking lot here?
    No parking lot here, but I was in a part of town that I had no business being in on my off time. I would have stopped me if I saw someone else doing what I was doing. 
    You had me at “I would’ve arrested myself”
    I didn’t say arrested, just stopped. Looked sketchy. After a look of contents being tamales and not meth, it would make sense. 

FYI, I didn’t dislike. 
    I know I was just cracking a joke.  I hope the tamales are as good as they sound.
    Oh, I know. There is very little that I take personally or literally. We got them for thanksgiving. They were delicious. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Now I know it is Holiday season.

Hopefully your tamale deal was as sketchy as mine. 

Lol, I didn't think about it, but I get them from the south side.  You drive into a specific neighborhood and look for the house with the blue light bulb by the door.  Everything is dark and all windows covered. Ring once and wait.  I guess I never thought of it as sketchy.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2022
    kl8ton said:
    ColbyLang said:
    lousubcap said:
    @ColbyLang Like that was just figured out by him today?? Hello!
    Lol, you sound just like my very upset wife. At this point, our hands are tied. Puppy is in his possession and paid for in full…….
    Working with animal transporters can be super stressful.  Hopefully all goes well.  Waiting is the worst part.
    We just ended our 7 month stint with a foster boy that is almost 13 years old. Human transport can be worse.  They basically had 45 days to make other arrangements for him. It ended terribly. Basically a white prison van with bars on the windows came to pick him up and put him in a homeless shelter in Detroit. Hours away from our house.  
    That is a bad deal, especially with plenty of notice.  If you don't mind me asking, did they age out or just had other circumstances
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    lousubcap said:
    Lol, you sound just like my very upset wife. At this point, our hands are tied. Puppy is in his possession and paid for in full…….
    Working with animal transporters can be super stressful.  Hopefully all goes well.  Waiting is the worst part.
    Upsetting part is the super lack of communication. You broke down Tuesday night. You were supposed to be here this morning. I wouldn’t know anything without calling him myself. Ain’t like he’s bringing this pup for free

How much would a flight have cost, I flew my last one from the Dakota's to Boston and that included a crate big enough for training for a few months.
    Fish, $400 plus the round trip to the nearest major metro airport with a puppy nanny………Bougie dog, what can I say?

a puppy flying first class with a nanny......would never have imagined
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    lousubcap said:
    Upsetting part is the super lack of communication. You broke down Tuesday night. You were supposed to be here this morning. I wouldn’t know anything without calling him myself. Ain’t like he’s bringing this pup for free

How much would a flight have cost, I flew my last one from the Dakota's to Boston and that included a crate big enough for training for a few months.
    Fish, $400 plus the round trip to the nearest major metro airport with a puppy nanny………Bougie dog, what can I say?

Knew what my options were the day I put a deposit on him. I didn’t have the time to drive 28 hours round trip. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    lousubcap said:

Problem with puppies is they can't read yet, so they have a hard time finding the right gate.
  • fishlessman
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    lousubcap said:

Knew what my options were the day I put a deposit on him. I didn’t have the time to drive 28 hours round trip. 

time for me to start looking again, the last breeder i bought from sold the kennel and the guy that bought it breeds from cryo, whole different world out there. dont think i will be buying from him.
    fukahwee maine

• Going to pick up a sprayer. 
     My dad had a brittney shipped from Texas to Alaska. Not sure the deets. What kind of dog are you getting @ColbyLang ?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    Going to pick up a sprayer. 
     My dad had a brittney shipped from Texas to Alaska. Not sure the deets. What kind of dog are you getting @ColbyLang ?
    F1 Aussie Doodle male
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    ColbyLang said:
    F1 Aussie Doodle male
    I will ship you bags of undercoat, just so you don't miss the 'real' Aussie experience!  🤣
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    F1 Aussie Doodle male
    I will ship you bags of undercoat, just so you don't miss the 'real' Aussie experience!  🤣
    Nah, my mini has enough undercoat for me. Can’t wait to see her reaction to a puppy almost the same size as her out the gate
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    kl8ton said:
    ColbyLang said:
    lousubcap said:
    We just ended our 7 month stint with a foster boy that is almost 13 years old. Human transport can be worse.  They basically had 45 days to make other arrangements for him. It ended terribly. Basically a white prison van with bars on the windows came to pick him up and put him in a homeless shelter in Detroit. Hours away from our house.  
    That is a bad deal, especially with plenty of notice.  If you don't mind me asking, did they age out or just had other circumstances
    We put in our notice to have him removed for several reasons. Mainly the agency wasn't supporting us/him as we all agreed upon when we took him in. It was supposed to be for 5 days. We had him 7 months. We had great systems in place to manage his needs (High level). They basically made it so that what we had set up was impossible to do without the help they promised. His case worker is too blame. We've sent an email and copied his lawyer, supervisors, adoption worker, and anyone else that was involved with him. 

It's hard. We've been doing foster care for 10-12 years and we've never asked to have a kid removed. They've either moved back home or been adopted. Sometimes by us. 

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    That sucks @kl8ton, very sorry to hear that, it has to be hard on everyone involved.
  • ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    F1 Aussie Doodle male
    Nah, my mini has enough undercoat for me. Can’t wait to see her reaction to a puppy almost the same size as her out the gate
    I agree

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Unboxing. So much cardboard!

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Performing snow management.

• kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    ColbyLang said:
    lousubcap said:
    We put in our notice to have him removed for several reasons. Mainly the agency wasn't supporting us/him as we all agreed upon when we took him in. It was supposed to be for 5 days. We had him 7 months. We had great systems in place to manage his needs (High level). They basically made it so that what we had set up was impossible to do without the help they promised. His case worker is too blame. We've sent an email and copied his lawyer, supervisors, adoption worker, and anyone else that was involved with him. 

It's hard. We've been doing foster care for 10-12 years and we've never asked to have a kid removed. They've either moved back home or been adopted. Sometimes by us. 

I understand. My niece and her husband fostered two half siblings with the aim of future adoption. After thinking about my post the boy had too many problems that they weren’t equipped to deal with. I will leave it at that.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    @alaskanassasin - no pics of the new equipment?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA

• South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    Well I managed to piss off half of Ohio by hauling farm equipment down state routes for 100 miles. The ones that matter, a state trooper, a city cop and a few county bountys one who passed me did not seem to mind. I was able to get up to 35 mph most the time, that is BLAZIN!
    Just went a hundred miles behind plow trucks in the rain. They made a barricade across all lanes pushing the nooo snow
    fukahwee maine

• That’s a dvck move @fishlessman
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    That’s a dvck move @fishlessman
    I left work three hours to avoid the snow. Bastards
    fukahwee maine

• WeberWho said:
    Just wait until they let people name the plows. Our official snowplow names:
    • The Big Leplowski
    The snow abides.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Neat video about using water to achieve better browning on your foods.