Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,975
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Cornholio said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Just popped open my first beer from my advent calendar and placed it in the fridge for tomorrow. 

John..  John?  I'm not sure how to break this to you, buddy... but, it's still November!
    “For tomorrow” 

Only 30 days in November last I checked  ;)
    BUT HE BROKE THE SEAL… IN NOVEMBER!!!   THAT’S AGAINST THE RULES!!!  

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Figuring out how low some folks go (previous Employers) when you decide to go and do better for yourself… even when you follow the contract THEY laid out

People will be your best friend when they can take advantage of you… Pieces of skit when you realize your worth

You are disturbing long-tamped-down feelings of my own retirement, almost 3 years ago...
    Enjoy, it's always Better when you stand up for yourself.  :thumbsup:  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Figuring out how low some folks go (previous Employers) when you decide to go and do better for yourself… even when you follow the contract THEY laid out

People will be your best friend when they can take advantage of you… Pieces of skit when you realize your worth

God's honest truth right there.  Good thing you are leaving.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    Cornholio said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Just popped open my first beer from my advent calendar and placed it in the fridge for tomorrow. 

John..  John?  I'm not sure how to break this to you, buddy... but, it's still November!
    “For tomorrow” 

Only 30 days in November last I checked  ;)
    BUT HE BROKE THE SEAL… IN NOVEMBER!!!   THAT’S AGAINST THE RULES!!!  

i hear some people open a gift on christmas eve. so the tradition could be advent eve.....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Reviewing Spotify wrapped:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,293
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Opening my advent calendar, and no, I didn’t open “13”. Assembled the assortment herself. Almost all IPAs. Joining @coltsfan in the happy husband club. 

• alaskanassasin
    Options

Okay! Hopefully there is only one of those!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,293
    edited December 2022
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

That block looks awfully familiar. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

First pizza done! Forgot to take a picture. The top was perfect but the stone was not hot enough. I need a new Ir gun, lost my old one it seems.
    Oh man look at that.  That thing is beautful!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

First pizza done! Forgot to take a picture. The top was perfect but the stone was not hot enough. I need a new Ir gun, lost my old one it seems.
    Oh man look at that.  That thing is beautful!
    My only question is whether the Gozney serves double duty as a diving board. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    Options

Gorgeous!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I just wanna rub that shiney dome. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited December 2022
    Options
    It's a joy so far! I've got 6 balls of dough still in the fridge so I'll be making pizza a couple times a day for the next few days, lol.  

I took all the wood and am having it sanded down and properly sealed. The factory seal is not going to cut it in South Mississippi humidity.  Looking at pictures and comments from other owners it seems like this will help a lot.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Handles? @Thatgrimguy I don’t see any wood
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Handles? @Thatgrimguy I don’t see any wood
    There are 2 wood side shelves, and 2 wooden shelves under the cooker. I haven't installed them because I'm having them properly sealed.

Dome Stand  Gozney
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Nice!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    found an almost 3 year old duck prosciutto in the back of the meat drawer yesterday still wrapped in cheese cloth...what to do, what to do
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    found an almost 3 year old duck prosciutto in the back of the meat drawer yesterday still wrapped in cheese cloth...what to do, what to do
    Is your meat drawer in a refrigerator?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Reach out to Stike!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Haha Scott… it’s not brisket!
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Ok I’m really done now!!!

Edit; holy chit, this one was by far the best: cooked closer to 700 than 550
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    You sorted out that rig in quick time.  Great looking pies.  
    BTW- no way you are done!  But that's a good thing!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited December 2022
    Options
    lousubcap said:

This is absolutely true! I already started a new poolish for tomorrow to make another 6 dough balls! But I am out of dough for now!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    lousubcap said:

This is absolutely true! I already started a new poolish for tomorrow to make another 6 dough balls! But I am out of dough for now!
    Just... be careful.  I got my Large, and discovered pizzamaking.com, at about the same time ten years ago.  I went completely nuts, but after about 2 years I completely burned out on pizza; have had it (office parties) twice since then.  
    I'm looking at NY-style videos/recipes now, may be dipping my toe back in soon, but wow I got sick of it for a long time.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Thatgrimguy
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Botch said:
    lousubcap said:

Just... be careful.  I got my Large, and discovered pizzamaking.com, at about the same time ten years ago.  I went completely nuts, but after about 2 years I completely burned out on pizza; have had it (office parties) twice since then.  
    I'm looking at NY-style videos/recipes now, may be dipping my toe back in soon, but wow I got sick of it for a long time.  
      I can definitely see this, I have a very obsessive personality when it comes to learning new  recipes… but over time I don’t want to eat them. I spent 3 days putting together thanksgiving and didn’t eat a bite of it. It’s funny how the more I get into cooking the harder it is to eat the end product . It’s become way more about the togetherness it brings in my family. Like a glue that holds us all together when it’s ways easier to drift apart