Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap said:
    Just delivered to the small staffed local firehouse 4 racks (yes, there were four) of BB ribs, done on the stick burner.  Nekked for the duration.  Should have been tomorrow but life for Thanksgiving is crowding my schedule.  

Dat bark! Way to bring it home for a great cause. Heaven forbid you ever experience a fire, but if you did, I feel like they’d have it out before it started. 🙂
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    kl8ton said:

Doing another water project for our winter campers.  About to cut the water back on in 10 minutes.
    I like the fact you do all your outdoor water projects in the winter.
    Least amount of guests onsite.  It worked out awesome. I like these hydrants alot!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Awesome @lousubcap!
    Stillwater, MN
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    Acn said:

Were you on the Thames or at the Tower? 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    CPFC1905 said:
    Acn said:

Were you on the Thames or at the Tower? 
    Tower, easy walk from the flat where we’re staying.  Most of today at the British library and museum, then dinner and a show.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    Acn said:

Tower, easy walk from the flat where we’re staying.  Most of today at the British library and museum, then dinner and a show.
    You're in a historic quarter then.  The City is terrific on the weekend, much easier to get around.  
    A Thames guided cruise is very interesting, it's astonishing what you learn and see.  

You'll have to loiter beyond Christmas to get the chance to explore the jewel in the crown by venturing south to witness the mighty Crystal Palace play. 
    Croydon, the nearest notable suburb, hosts some delightful mid-century brutalist design.  By delightful I mean soul crushingly awful, but it looked great on the architects plans.   It's being replaced by multi-coloured glass edifices, though. 

Should you stray that far, there's a high probability of getting; lost, stabbed, lost again, abused, food poisoning form anything you eat, drink or touch, and, if you make it to Selhurst Park - observe a terrible game of football.  Then repeat to get back to your accommodation. 

Finally, if you find yourself on the Metropolitan Line heading west and fall asleep - message me and I'll come pick you up. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • ☝🏼😳🤦🏼‍♂️
  • @ColtsFan what could possibly go wrong. 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • @ColtsFan what could possibly go wrong. 
    After closer inspection same cupboards different backsplash 😂😉
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @Coltsfan- Yep a rolling kitchen fire will take the chill off.  
    You may want to check your predicted hourly outdoor temp readings.  You might find a window for outdoor success.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    ColtsFan said:
    It’s cold outside so moved the operation indoors. Don’t worry, I’ll turn the hood fan on. 

This ^^^^ is a sign of a man with balls. Let it rip brother 👍 Standing by anxiously my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    ColtsFan said:
    It’s cold outside so moved the operation indoors. Don’t worry, I’ll turn the hood fan on. 

I can see that pix being found framed and hanging on walls and in training materials of fire stations nationwide.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    ColtsFan said:

Move the tank to the five o'clock position with hose fully extended, easier access for emergency shutoff, just in case  ;)
    canuckland
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    ColtsFan said:

Good thinking putting the cardboard down. I’m sure the wife would be upset if there was grease stains on the floor. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

No food photos, but 2 of the open kitchen; The Barbary was probably a top-5 all-time meal.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Loosening my belt.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    I worked today, so in anticipation I made a shady downtown deal with a little abuela for some tamales last week. When I say shady, I mean shady. I would have stopped me if I saw it. Looked like a drug deal. Let me tell you, these things were some of the best things I have ever eaten. 

Tomorrow we will have our “formal” Thanksgiving. Turkey is in the brine. I’m a few (cough) drinks deep and currently watching the best Christmas movie ever made, White Christmas. 
    Shady parking lot tamales are the best.  @caliking has done some pretty shady parking lot deals too.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Watching the Vikings vs New England game. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 288
    edited November 2022
    I worked today, so in anticipation I made a shady downtown deal with a little abuela for some tamales last week. When I say shady, I mean shady. I would have stopped me if I saw it. Looked like a drug deal. Let me tell you, these things were some of the best things I have ever eaten. 

Tomorrow we will have our “formal” Thanksgiving. Turkey is in the brine. I’m a few (cough) drinks deep and currently watching the best Christmas movie ever made, White Christmas. 
    Gateway meal to corruption?   ;)
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    Busy day… we made a big pot of Korean pork bone soup, marinated a batch of butt for char siu, made from scratch and steamed 100+ pork-cabbage dumplings.
    canuckland
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Nice looking pie @SGH

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SGH
    shtgunal3 said:
    Nice looking pie @SGH
    Mucho gracious amigo 👍

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH said:
    Made a smoked pecan pie to go with the smoked mullet. How bad can it be?

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    Son’s first haircut. Was a privilege to do it myself. 

Have you started teaching him to shave 🪒 yet? Never to soon to start my friend. The earlier the better 👍

Status- Standing by.