Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I had the original 2 shots plus 1 booster. Still got Covid back in July of 22. However I have had much worse cold’s before. 3 to 4 days of light fever and another 3 days for my sinuses to restablize. Definitely not a fraction of the flu that I had in 2010.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    Marvelous @kl8ton, marvelous!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    A cook of beauty right there @kl8ton.  Congrats and Happy Thanksgiving.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    I don't know what that is but I would be on that like flies on............. 
    Looks delicious caliking 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Looks delicious caliking 
    ^^^ What he said. 🤤 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited November 2022
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Looks delicious caliking 
    Thanks. 

Kachori is a snack food. Kind of like a fried hand pie, but the filling is usually savory (lentils, peas). The mix  had mashed peas, paneers, ginger,  asafoetida, and other spices. 

Folks make kachori pinwheels using puff pastry, but I saw this a while ago, and loved how striking the presentation was:

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/spinach-and-feta-tarte-soleil

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Again like flies. Very nice
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    caliking said:
    MasterC said:
    Looks delicious caliking 
    Thanks. 

Kachori is a snack food. Kind of like a fried hand pie, but the filling is usually savory (lentils, peas). The mix  had mashed peas, paneers, ginger,  asafoetida, and other spices. 

Folks make kachori pinwheels using puff pastry, but I saw this a while ago, and loved how striking the presentation was:

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/spinach-and-feta-tarte-soleil
    That looks amazing, but I still have no idea what half those ingredients and spices are. Looks like a lot of spelling mistakes to me.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2022
    Options
    caliking said:
    Y’all may need to sit down for a bit. What follows is a true thanksgiving leftovers masterpiece. 

Waffleized corn casserole, waffle batter, sharp cheddar, parsley. 

Turkey hash with sausage and cornbread stuffing, bits of egret’s ham, turkey bits, grease and drippings from the ham, celery, onions. 

Stacked up the waffle with the hash, gravy, GBC, a dollop of cran sauce, and drizzled with mango habanero jelly. 

Farkin’ heavenly. I dare say it beat the actual Thanksgiving meal. 
    Dislike.  Because, like seriously, that absolutely genius concoction only took like 87 amazing dishes and days of cooking and prep to make. I will never get to taste it.  So yeah, wish I could dislike twice.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @caliking - Sitting down and old enough not to be licking my computer screen.  What a concoction.  Impressive.  
    That photo is magazine quality right there, as well.    
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I hit dislike as well because I can't have any.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac the above is the reason he wanted pizza!  Great pie.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac the above is the reason he wanted pizza!  Great pie.  
    You are too kind.  The pie game is super strong around here.  I just aim for a mostly round pie.