Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    dbCooper said:
    Pic from Bonita Springs, FL. few miles South of Fort Myers...

I hope that was a tribute and not numbers matching...
    Saw this the other day. Not sure, but judging by the house I'd say the latter. He had a couple others too.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,439
    Options
    Yep. Pic I saw had 2-3 Mopars in the same state
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,319
    Options
    I happened to see a Mach E performance edition this evening.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,035
    Options
    The town I live in uses the "Mustang" Mach E for their city vehicles. I can kind of understand an electric vehicle but city workers driving Mustangs? They should be driving Chevy Volts at most with our tax money. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    The Chevrolet Volt is no longer manufactured. Maybe you meant the Bolt?
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

Whats the difference *yawn*
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• WeberWho
    Options
    That's it. The Volts were okay and the Bolts were the ones that caught fire if I'm not mistaking.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    That's it. The Volts were okay and the Bolts were the ones that caught fire if I'm not mistaking.
    Yes Chevrolet replaced the battery with slightly larger one by a different manufacturer and restarted the 100,000 mile warranty clock again. No fires recorded with the new battery so far. The Bolt is still an econobox with a horribly uncomfortable seat and inexcusably slow DC charging speed. But it is currently the cheapest fully electric 4 passenger car available .
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    One had a vroom vroom and the other does not.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,165
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    The town I live in uses the "Mustang" Mach E for their city vehicles. I can kind of understand an electric vehicle but city workers driving Mustangs? They should be driving Chevy Volts at most with our tax money. 

Do you bristle at the beautiful old court buildings and impressive tax payer finded public art works and monuments like Mount Rushmore?

Just because they are public servants doesn't mean they should suffer through a Chevy electric econobox.  All that does is subsidise a terrible car for Chevy.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,790
    Options
    WeberWho said:

i can see these being state trooper cars on the maine interstate soon, before covid they used 6 mustangs in wolf packs pulling the fast lane over. no lone wolves
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2022
    Options
    A few snaps from today.  Still haven't seen a Pontiac Aztek yet.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,497
    Options
    "Import of Shavings into Westworld is prohibited"?  

"In the twinkling of an eye, I found myself without an office, without a seat, without a party, and without an appendix."  - Winston Churchill

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @ozzie_isaac

Neighbour used to have that same Bentley, in that same grey and also a convertible. There are pics early on in this thread. They moved, and I miss it. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    No pics but I spotted my first Rivian in the wild today.  Very sharp looking truck.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Botch said:
    "Import of Shavings into Westworld is prohibited"?  
    Yup, they take that seriously.  They use wood shavings as bedding for the horses.  They claim it is to stop disease and stuff, but they make some extra coin selling it.  $10/bag a single horse uses about 5 bags every 3 days, so for a week show like this you buy 10 bags per horse.  That is in addition to the stall rental of $250/week.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2022
    Options
    As @lousubcap likes to say, better to be lucky than good.  I managed to get a spot in an Autocross deal with BMW during one of their "Ultimate Driving Experience's Event" ... It happen to be in the parking lot for the horse show.  While waiting I got to drive a M340.  Fun little car.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,435
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac I remember when BMW only had the 3, 5 and 7 series, (never mind the 2001) with the M-3 and M-5. Now so many models...I'm sure that was a fun drive.  Likely more than one horsepower but not nearly as agile.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac I remember when BMW only had the 3, 5 and 7 series, (never mind the 2001) with the M-3 and M-5. Now so many models...I'm sure that was a fun drive.  Likely more than one horsepower but not nearly as agile.   B)
    2001 was the pinnacle of good looking BMW's. They're butt ugly nowadays.

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    lousubcap said:
    2001 was the pinnacle of good looking BMW's. They're butt ugly nowadays.
    I agree E36 M3 was their peak.  These are not pretty cars, but they are fun.  Not worth a long drive, but if you happen to be near one and have a few hours to kill, there are worse ways.

The instructors are very good and informative.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    The bmw grills remind me of angry beavers.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I always called them monkey butts. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • 55Kevy
    55Kevy Posts: 235
    Options

I heard or read somewhere in the last couple of days that all Rivians have been recalled for a faulty bracket that could cause steering failure.

Kevin

Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, CA
    XL BGE, Woo2, AR