Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I know some people have endless amount of money but still hard to see a million dollar P1 floating around in the floods. 

All of the swear words.  All of them.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Who owns that car and doesn't have it in a secure parking structure/garage?  I would have hauled it piece by piece to my upstairs bathroom and covered it with every towel, sheet, and blanket I owned!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    Who owns that car and doesn't have it in a secure parking structure/garage?  I would have hauled it piece by piece to my upstairs bathroom and covered it with every towel, sheet, and blanket I owned!
    I was thinking the same thing. Who leaves a million dollar car anywhere that it could be put in that scenario?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Probably happy to see it go?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Probably happy to see it go?
    Possibly but the P1 has almost doubled in value the past 3-4 years and a super rare car. I'd imagine it will only keep going up. I would think selling it outright would pay more than insurance would for it. Always a buyer for a P1. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,347
    Options
    According to news articles he had just nought the car a week earlier and it was in his garage which flooded and the flowing water carried it away.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    Who owns that car and doesn't have it in a secure parking structure/garage? 
    You should see the garage.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    Can't fix stupid!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,044
    Options
    His blue SUV too ...

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Good points @WeberWho
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    I have always said some people have more money than sense and that might apply here.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    edited September 2022
    Options
    His blue SUV too ...

buys a P1 for $$$$
    Insures above P1 for $$$$$
    nets $ on the hurricane

probably did the same with he house in the back ground.

If one has enough liquidity to purchase a million dollar car, one has the means to secure that million dollar car in a dry location.

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    My understanding with the way insurance is works you can insure for whatever $ you want but they will only give you replacement value?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    edited September 2022
    Options
    My understanding with the way insurance is works you can insure for whatever $ you want but they will only give you replacement value?
    correct, but if you have a million dollar car, you probably have a lawyer on retainer who can argue and get you a settlement which is best for both parties..

most common folk are looking at that car as a loss, I would bet he is looking at it as an appreciated asset...

the car is just a means to and end...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    I’m going with @WeberWho if your only going to get out of it what it’s worth I’d skip the attorney and sell it if i wanted it gone. But what do I know my truck has 230,000 miles on it
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Options
    I can't believe how much better the BMW Z4 looks than the Supra (apparently they're the same car underneath).  
    The Supra looks like a damn Shar-Pei to my eyes (ymmv).  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• WeberWho
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Botch said:
    I can't believe how much better the BMW Z4 looks than the Supra (apparently they're the same car underneath).  
    Yeah you don't want to buy that Toyota for its reliability. They did just offer it in manual transmission. Finally....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    Learn something new dang near every day here-
    From a couple of years ago:
    "BMW's CEO is in favor of strengthening its ties with Toyota.

It was 2013 when BMW and Toyota first announced they would be entering into a technical partnership, but today, in 2020, things are just getting started; according to Reuters, BMW CEO Oliver Zipse is in favor of not only keeping the partnership alive past 2025, but of developing an even stronger relationship.

"In the next decades, we would do well to strengthen bonds," Zipse said at the Automobilwoche Kongress last week.

So far, the partnership has resulted in a new BMW Z4 convertible and Toyota Supra sports coupe, which share the same platform and powertrains. That sort of cost-sharing is becoming more common in the industry, as evinced by cars like the Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86 and the Mazda MX-5 Miata/Fiat 124 Spider.

Following the airlines merge and conquer model??

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I had another exotic, a Pontiac Vibe, that was a joint venture with Toyota.  Great car!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,044
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Botch said:
    Sorry sir, but I must disagree.  The Supra is superior to the BMW in the looks department.  I did grow up on a steady diet of Fast & Furious and even really liked Tokyo Drift, so there is that.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    A neighbour has a new Supra in grey. Given the flair of the car’s body shape, I think muted tones serve it well, for my taste. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    I had another exotic, a Pontiac Vibe, that was a joint venture with Toyota.  Great car!
    I have a cousin that owns one of these. He is a big Colts fan. I have another cousin who is a big raiders fan.  He thought it would be funny, and it was, to add a raiders sticker on that back right where it says Vibe.   
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Botch
    Options
    Botch said:
    Sorry sir, but I must disagree.  The Supra is superior to the BMW in the looks department. 
    I guess we can ALL be glad your taste in backyard environments is a couple magnitudes higher than your taste in automobiles.  :tongue:   ;)  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Just saw this and it had me laughing. NSFW.

Since it’s past tense, makes me wonder what the license owner does now, 24/7…
    Options
    Pic from Bonita Springs, FL. few miles South of Fort Myers...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Just saw this and it had me laughing. NSFW.

Since it’s past tense, makes me wonder what the license owner does now, 24/7…
    SHTDX41YR
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Pic from Bonita Springs, FL. few miles South of Fort Myers...

I hope that was a tribute and not numbers matching...

Minnesota