Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Took the left over Tr Tip from last night and reheated it in a cast iron skillet. Put some beef tallow I made from my last SRF brisket in the pan before adding the tri tip. Made a horseradish aioli and topped with blue cheese on french bread rolls. 

WTF. Phenomenal!

The other night, I ordered what was billed as a tri-tip sammich, with a garlicky au jus for dipping. I so wish the sammich had been what I'm seeing here. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Left over pulled pork sandwiches, featuring mayo, sweet onion, havarti, Japanese bbq sauce and brown sugar caramelized pineapple. Served on freshly baked potato buns. Just going into the oven now. 

And I thought my sandwich was good. That might be the most glorious pp sandwich I’ve ever seen. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @saluki2007

Your tri tip looked ridiculous. The blue cheese took it over the top, for me. Looked amazing. 

I’ve always found pineapple and sweet onion pair beautifully with PP, so I riff on that often enough. 

Wifey loves sandwiches, so it’s variations on a theme in our household. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I have no idea what a basque style cheesecake is (way above my knowledge and skill set) but I would put a serious hurt on that.  Looks fantastic.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I have no idea what a basque style cheesecake is (way above my knowledge and skill set) but I would put a serious hurt on that.  Looks fantastic.  

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @bbracey21 - that is a great looking spread.  He11 of a banquet.  However, for the record I do believe there is no such thing as "Chased it down with a (emphasis on "a") frosty Sam Adams Octoberfest" just like no such thing as one beer.  Beers come in pairs at a minimum. Now once you get past a few TBD minimums you may get some slack for singles.   B)  All in good fun.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - read that definition a few times and can only conclude that it is light but "not smooth"??  Independent of my fog induced Saturday night thoughts, I can see the light (perhaps the first time in my life) in that pic and it looks incredible.
    Curious as to how you got steered in that direction for the recipe.  
  • bbracey21
    Options
    @lousubcap Touché sir touché. On #3 at the current moment and the night is still very young. Always in good fun brother! 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - read that definition a few times and can only conclude that it is light but "not smooth"??  Independent of my fog induced Saturday night thoughts, I can see the light (perhaps the first time in my life) in that pic and it looks incredible.
    Curious as to how you got steered in that direction for the recipe.  
    It’s quite a bit lighter than a standard cheesecake.  Pretty darn smooth.  

A Spanish friend of mine steered me onto it. He said he’d made it recently and it was amazing.  I can confirm.   Pretty easy to pull off too, all things considered.
  • Eggpharmer
    Options
    update - this was delicious 

That looks great. Got a recipe to share?
    Austin, TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    update - this was delicious 

That looks great. Got a recipe to share?
    https://www.thespanishchef.com/recipes/cheesecake

One important note: the recipe calls for way too much heavy cream.  I used 400 ml instead of the 500 it calls for.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Fajitas and Rita’s night. 

Four letters for ya. 

P-I-M-P. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Now that is a work of breakfast art right there.  I would be all over that.  Great photo as well.  Magazine quality.  
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Now that is a work of breakfast art right there.  I would be all over that.  Great photo as well.  Magazine quality.  
    It’s the Real Deal DMChicago. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Took the left over Tr Tip from last night and reheated it in a cast iron skillet. Put some beef tallow I made from my last SRF brisket in the pan before adding the tri tip. Made a horseradish aioli and topped with blue cheese on french bread rolls. 

Update:  I made two more sandwiches today but this time added sautéed mushrooms and onions. It hit all the right spots. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    No photos, but SWMBO made biscuits and I went to the Popeyes drive through, together we made for a real nice lunch.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Wooderson
    Options

And this is how to use up leftovers.....always. stunning