Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    CPFC1905 said:
    new t-shirt

Do trolls wear these under another top while on the forum? 
    Why would you have to hide it under another top?  There aren't cameras watching us while we're on the forum, this is America.  
    Lol!  I remove all cameras from my computers.  Only way to be sure.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • CPFC1905 said:
    new t-shirt

Do trolls wear these under another top while on the forum? 
    Why would you have to hide it under another top?  There aren't cameras watching us while we're on the forum, this is America.  
    Lol!  I remove all cameras from my computers.  Only way to be sure.
    I just put a bandaid over them.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Costco is no longer stocking my favorite cider, so bought what they had left.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    texaswig said:
    A new cookbook . 
    Mason is a good dude. Came to Lafayette and won the Acadiana Poboy Fest with a head cheese poboy
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Did a little research and realized my diet may be lacking in sufficient iodine.  Since I cook with solely kosher salt, I am missing out on a public program to aid healt.  So a bit of googling and I found large salt crystals w/iodine.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Did a little research and realized my diet may be lacking in sufficient iodine.  Since I cook with solely kosher salt, I am missing out on a public program to aid healt.  So a bit of googling and I found large salt crystals w/iodine.

Eat more seaweed.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Powdered kelp is a good salt substitute.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    Ventus Blue shaft for my Titleist TSi2 driver.     No pics, still debating between 5x and 6x
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • It’s not the iodine bud, you’re getting older and forgetting ****.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Just grabbed some Rockwood lump charcoal.  Website 10% off savings thru midnight tonight, EDT.  Code LABORDAY10.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Thanks for the heads up.  I need to get some.  Great company with great customer service.  Ordered some mid-December last year to send to a friend for Christmas.  They picked up on the fact that it was a Christmas gift and contacted me to see if I would like them to delay shipment slightly so it would arrive closer to Christmas!  How many companies are going to do that?  That extra effort= repeat customer for life in my book.  I purchase locally and will definitely have more Rockwood Christmas orders online this year!  I like to support small businesses whenever possible- especially ones with service of this level.
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I'd be dumb not to. Got a 13.5lb one for $25
    Been awhile since I've seen that price even in Texas

I prefer bone-in beef brisket, but for that price I'd be willing to try boneless.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Saw this at Costco, I prefer my whisky from grain, but to each their own.

• Saw this at Costco, I prefer my whisky from grain, but to each their own.

Have never seen that before, and I live in the GWN. With a name like ChickenCock, it’s got to be good. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    edited September 2022
    GrateEggspectations said:
    With a name like ChickenCock, it’s got to be good. 
    With a price like that, it'd  better be good.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    Left Dash ProV1X golf balls.   2 tourneys this week.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Botch said:
    GrateEggspectations said:
    With a name like ChickenCock, it’s got to be good. 
    With a price like that, it'd  better be good.  
    No ****
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    edited September 2022
    Saw this at Costco, I prefer my whisky from grain, but to each their own.

Have never seen that before, and I live in the GWN. With a name like ChickenCock, it’s got to be good. 

aged 20 years seems to coincide with the closure of the old seagram 7 distillery in canada.......i think they had distilled spirits written on the back in small print, not whiskey ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    edited September 2022
    fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    :rofl:  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• The birthday fairy delivered this today. Thanks to @The Cen-Tex Smoker and @Langner91 for the idea. 😉

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    If someone posts in the "what are you doing now" thread that they are "sipping some chickencock" I think I'll now have a better chance of creating their intended mental picture. Maybe.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Roasted a chicken this weekend, made me think of that Canadian Whiskey again.  I would post a photo, but it might violate some forum guidelines.

• fishlessman
    HeavyG said:
    If someone posts in the "what are you doing now" thread that they are "sipping some chickencock" I think I'll now have a better chance of creating their intended mental picture. Maybe.

you know it will be a french canadian......testing the waters to see if we can still pick on the french.....not that i would stop anyways.... =)
    fukahwee maine

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Bought the teddy, stockings, and collar yesterday, everything else I already had. I ended up going out with the red top last night.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    GregW said:
    kl8ton said:
    caliking said:
    Sister lives in Michigan, and has a stone firepit in the backyard (built by previous owner). She also has a cantankerous neighbor, who calls the city fire dept every time she lights it. Fire dept. has come out, been very nice, and apologized that my sis has such a crabby neighbor. 

The loophole= cooking fires are allowed, and not covered by the rule/law. So she puts a single hotdog on the spark arrestor thing. Fire dept has given her the thumbs up for this =)
    If I had that kind of neighbor I would really have to fight the urge to have wet smoldering nasty wood burning all day everyday. . . with a hotdog nearby. Good grief. They probably can't have bass boats either!
    I had a neighbor who had a couple of very annoying dogs that would bark constantly every time they heard me walk out on the back deck- the dogs can't even see me, but they hear me. I got the message across to the dogs owner that this behavior was unacceptable by throwing a old tire in the burn barrel. Thick black choking smoke a few times got their attention.
    I’ll be honest, I read this not paying attention to who wrote it and then was surprised it wasn’t fishlessman.