Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pandemic updates 2.0

Comments

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    I was over many engineers in my 41 years as a utility manager.  Saw a lot of “Johns” employed by the Hiring Manager.  Fired most of them on Friday afternoon, before their 6 month review.  Bad attitudes, and thought they should be the boss.  Most are working at the local taverns & restaurants now. They wait on me at dinner time. 

JIC would never survive the Corporate environment.  Universities will put up with his left wing liberal agenda.  Corporate will not.  He would be bussing tables.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    John did his research on him.  He does it on everyone that pisses him off.  He looks at their profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook, where they live, their house pics (Google Earth) and anything else that gives him info to use against them (or for his troll accounts). 
    He covers all the bases!  Kind of like a PI with some “skin in the game”.  You fan boys that are sucking up to him could end up on his $hit list if you ever post something that he doesn’t like.
    This, coming from the guy who has repeatedly threatened to use his triple super duper top secret NSA security clearance to dox people. On a bbq forum. 

I’m not sure I’ll be able to stop laughing by tomorrow. 

PS: isn’t it too early for you to be drunk enough to be posting shite? Maybe not. 
    Man…you really got your nose buried deep up Johns ass!  Or do just like sucking his ****? You seem to have to defend him every time someone posts against the thinking of the great & powerful JIC.   Why does he have so muck control on you…and your posts?  Be your own man, and not one of JIC’s little bitches.  
    I know irony is a big word for you, but its pretty clear who's obsessed with JIC here. 

And, I'm absolutely certain,  that there's at least one golf course in KS missing their resident bipolar dimwit right now. 
    Dude…it’s OK if you like sucking Johns ****.  That’s your choice.  Not judging you as a **** sucker.  But you need to understand that the moment you question one of his posts, you will be ridiculed and shamed as a “drunk” and worthless human being.  Don’t fool yourself in thinking John is your friend. His only friend is John.  You sheeple are his pawns and followers. Wake up and smell the roses!
    Hey now… I called you out as a drunk arse, but if you’re admitting to being a worthless human being…

… I’m not gonna argue with you. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • littlerascal56
    edited July 2022
    I’m OK with being a worthless human being with a HUGE pension if your OK with being a worthless human being sucking on JIC😄😂😍’ ****. Get a life. Quit worshipping losers like John. He is not your friend & buddy.  He will stick it up your a$$ when he has the chance. Do you not read his abusive posts to other forum members?????  He is a true a$$hole to many on this forum. Not a person that I would associate with.  Might want to rethink your friends, as JIC is making you all look like “sheeple” , as well as several other fan boys on here @Legume, @The Cen-Tex Smoker.  He will screw you all when you have an opinion that contradicts his….but I guess you all already knew that.
  • caliking
    I’m OK with being a worthless human being with a HUGE pension if your OK with being a worthless human being sucking on JIC😄😂😍’ ****. Get a life. Quit worshipping losers like John. He is not your friend & buddy.  He will stick it up your a$$ when he has the chance. 
    Apart from the phallus fixation, do you have any other rants tonight? 

You make this too easy. It’s hardly a challenge anymore. 

G’night. Don’t let the demons in your mind bite. 

• littlerascal56
    edited July 2022
    Reading the truth really has to hurt doesn’t it?  Deep down, you really didn’t want to hear all this about your best friend/buddy and how he was using you on this forum.  John played you for a sucker. He depend on all of you “fan boys” to support his posts, and ridicule any members that have an opposite opinion. Trash any member that doesn’t follow Johns policy. Sounding a lot like Putin!!!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    littlerascal56 said:
    But you need to understand that the moment you question one of his statements, you will be ridiculed and shamed as a “librul” and a worthless human being.  Don’t fool yourself in thinking Donald is your friend. His only friend is Donald.  You sheeple are his pawns and followers. Wake up and smell the roses!
    Fix'd.  And, yeah, I thought this sounded familiar.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• caliking
    Reading the truth really has to hurt doesn’t it?  Deep down, you really didn’t want to hear all this about your best friend/buddy and how he was using you on this forum.  John played you for a sucker. He depend on all of you “fan boys” to support his posts, and ridicule any members that have an opposite opinion. Trash any member that doesn’t follow Johns policy. Sounding a lot like Putin!!!
     *poke*

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,944
    edited July 2022
    Wow, someone is really on a bender tonight.  I hope they just take out their anger and rage on here.  Alcoholism is an awful disease and effects everyone around you.

I wonder if they really think homophobia is the way to win fights and make convincing arguments?  Basically, as soon as I read that I completely tune out everything else said.  I don't have time to read the rantings of a bigot.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Put the shovel down.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    John did his research on him.  He does it on everyone that pisses him off.  He looks at their profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook, where they live, their house pics (Google Earth) and anything else that gives him info to use against them (or for his troll accounts). 
    He covers all the bases!  Kind of like a PI with some “skin in the game”.  You fan boys that are sucking up to him could end up on his $hit list if you ever post something that he doesn’t like.
    Man…you really got your nose buried deep up Johns ass!  Or do just like sucking his ****? You seem to have to defend him every time someone posts against the thinking of the great & powerful JIC.   Why does he have so muck control on you…and your posts?  Be your own man, and not one of JIC’s little bitches.  
    I was over many engineers in my 41 years as a utility manager.  Saw a lot of “Johns” employed by the Hiring Manager.  Fired most of them on Friday afternoon, before their 6 month review.  Bad attitudes, and thought they should be the boss.  Most are working at the local taverns & restaurants now. They wait on me at dinner time. 

JIC would never survive the Corporate environment.  Universities will put up with his left wing liberal agenda.  Corporate will not.  He would be bussing tables.
    I’m OK with being a worthless human being with a HUGE pension if your OK with being a worthless human being sucking on JIC😄😂😍’ ****. Get a life. Quit worshipping losers like John. He is not your friend & buddy.  He will stick it up your a$$ when he has the chance. Do you not read his abusive posts to other forum members?????  He is a true a$$hole to many on this forum. Not a person that I would associate with.  Might want to rethink your friends, as JIC is making you all look like “sheeple” , as well as several other fan boys on here @Legume, @The Cen-Tex Smoker.  He will screw you all when you have an opinion that contradicts his….but I guess you all already knew that.
    rent free 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited July 2022
    "Carolina in My Mind" 

https://youtu.be/67343pHUW5o
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    Wow, someone is really on a bender tonight.  I hope they just take out their anger and rage on here.  Alcoholism is an awful disease and effects everyone around you.

I wonder if they really think homophobia is the way to win fights and make convincing arguments?  Basically, as soon as I read that I completely tune out everything else said.  I don't have time to read the rantings of a bigot.
    That's about par for the course for @littlerascal56.

There is some value in engaging bigots like him. I don't really think you can inform someone like him, but at least it gives them an opportunity to show their true colors. 

• John did his research on him.  He does it on everyone that pisses him off.  He looks at their profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook, where they live, their house pics (Google Earth) and anything else that gives him info to use against them (or for his troll accounts). 

rent free 
    This all has the vibe of a washed up 80’s recording artist whose royalties were about to expire so they hastily threw a remastered “Greatest Hits” album even though the artist was deep in the throes of heroin addiction and the material was outdated and offensive to modern society.  
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Legume said:

“Vaccine”

I get it, you don’t understand why vaccines don’t immediately stop virus 100% and you don’t dare accept that mutations lead to new variants because that’s essentially evolution.

FYI not all mutations make the species stronger or survive longer.  We see clear manifestations of this in physical and mental abilities in humans.  I’m ok if you didn’t get vaccinated.
    What other vaccine are you ok with that allows you to still catch it. Are you ok with a little polio. Maybe your dog only gets a little rabies. You know, or should know, this was sold as a cure and you would not catch it once jabbed and you would not spread it. Yes, this came from their own mouths. Now it’s being sold as a way to keep you from kicking the bucket. Yeah, you still catch it and spread it but they must have a way to keep you booster junkies on the hook. 99% or so recover no matter what. 

True story… I watched a woman at Walmart recently  that had a mask, rubber gloves, and her entire shopping cart wrapped in plastic. Some people are brainwashed into a life of fear now. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Most people learn about the science of vaccines in high school biology class.

Others, apparently, sleep through it.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Legume said:

“Vaccine”

I get it, you don’t understand why vaccines don’t immediately stop virus 100% and you don’t dare accept that mutations lead to new variants because that’s essentially evolution.

FYI not all mutations make the species stronger or survive longer.  We see clear manifestations of this in physical and mental abilities in humans.  I’m ok if you didn’t get vaccinated.
    What other vaccine are you ok with that allows you to still catch it. Are you ok with a little polio. Maybe your dog only gets a little rabies. You know, or should know, this was sold as a cure and you would not catch it once jabbed and you would not spread it. Yes, this came from their own mouths. Now it’s being sold as a way to keep you from kicking the bucket. Yeah, you still catch it and spread it but they must have a way to keep you booster junkies on the hook. 99% or so recover no matter what. 

True story… I watched a woman at Walmart recently  that had a mask, rubber gloves, and her entire shopping cart wrapped in plastic. Some people are brainwashed into a life of fear now. 

Who said that? Fauci himself said in testimony to Congress 2+ years ago:

Even once a vaccine to fight the coronavirus is developed, White House health advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci told Congress Tuesday, “There’s no guarantee that the vaccine is actually going to be effective.”

Nobody (of any significance) has ever said ANY vaccine is 100% effective (tho some may come very close). Immunity is not a constant.
    Just curious, do you still routinely get your tetanus booster?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Legume said:

“Vaccine”

And according to some research up to 30% of those who survive have long term effects. Both sisters, their husbands, and my youngest niece(30) caught the original version of Covid before they were eligible for the vaccine. The niece had very rare migraines before and frequent ones after. My older sister had weeks of occasional brain fog and difficulties in walking. One of my cousins got carried away by Delta, her husband didn’t believe in vaccinations. An aunt had Delta, got the infusion, and lived but can walk only short distances.
    As to the family members who got vaccinated? Not a one was hospitalized, most never caught Covid . I recently came down with Omicron after vaccination, 4 days of what seemed a mild cold but 10 days for a negative test.

I seldom agree with John, his cabal, or his proxy accounts but I do on this.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,944
    edited July 2022
    HeavyG said:
    Legume said:

“Vaccine”

Even once a vaccine to fight the coronavirus is developed, White House health advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci told Congress Tuesday, “There’s no guarantee that the vaccine is actually going to be effective.”

Nobody (of any significance) has ever said ANY vaccine is 100% effective (tho some may come very close). Immunity is not a constant.

I am pretty confident I get a tetanus booster every few years.  I can never remember when I had it, so urgent care always just gives it to me.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Legume said:

“Vaccine”

Flu vaccine.  Rarely a direct hit, but close enough to offer protection.  I’m ok with this.  

You?

True story, I’ve watched millions of Americans amass ridiculous amounts of guns and ammo thinking they’re going to be well protected as the NRA has sold them, they just have different fears than that woman at Walmart.  Same disease though.
  • caliking
    Legume said:

“Vaccine”

*sigh*... some people.

Reference? I mean, any credible reference,  besides whatever conspiracy groups you hang with?

• HeavyG said:
    Legume said:

“Vaccine”

https://people.com/health/vaccinated-people-do-not-appear-carry-spread-covid-19/

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/553773-fauci-vaccinated-people-become-dead-ends-for-the-coronavirus/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/10/07/biden_vaccinated_protected_from_covid_cannot_spread_it_to_you.html#!

• JohnInCarolina

Reading is … fundamental. 

• caliking
    Somehow I doubt you care but….

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YISflrh9LVA
    I didn't expect you to come up with any peer-reviewed, evidence based references, but was at least hoping you knew what "credible" meant.

• caliking
    caliking said:

I didn't expect you to come up with any peer-reviewed, evidence based references, but was at least hoping you knew what "credible" meant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB_News

You couldn't find any OAN clips??

• caliking
    edited July 2022

BTW, this is what a peer-reviewed, evidence based publication looks like.  No one will think less of you for just reading the conclusions section of the abstract. 

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Legume said:

“Vaccine”

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • caliking
    caliking said:

BTW, this is what a peer-reviewed, evidence based publication looks like.  No one will think less of you for just reading the conclusions section of the abstract. 
    Sorry... forgot the link:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa2035389

• WildmanWilson
    WildmanWilson Posts: 482
    edited August 2022

Reading is … fundamental. 

I suppose you missed the last part of him saying “ it makes it extremely unlikely- not impossible but very, very low likelihood- that you are going to transmit it”

Yeah, he used the word very not once but twice in how unlikely you are to spread it. That was totally wrong. Is that fundamental enough?
  • caliking said:

I know your definition of credibility…. It’s anything that come from the left wing media. You only want to read what proves your socialist agenda. None of you are interested in truth. That’s why all of you have an orgy every time an anti Trump story comes out. You just know it’s true. Look no farther than the Jan 6 post you are all circle jerking over. It’s a one sided hearing and you are like a bunch of women talking about a scandal on a soap opera. Lol. You good will never learn.