Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pandemic updates 2.0

Options

Comments

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    I have been remiss in announcing the Osterholm report so here is the link to Episode 107: A BA.4 and BA.5 World which was posted June 23, 2022. The next episode will be two weeks from June 23rd.

This episode discusses discuss the state of the pandemic in the U.S. and around the world, the BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants, and the recent approval of vaccines for children under 5. Also contains a Monkeypox update.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Episode 108: Living With Covid (The Osterholm Update COVID-19) posted July 8 discusses how the BA-5 Omicron sub-variant may or may not change the trajectory of the pandemic in the U.S. and elsewhere.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    You realize that this is not an actual study, but a "Letter to the Editor"?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,984
    Options
    caliking said:
    You realize that this is not an actual study, but a "Letter to the Editor"?

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @EggaddictArnold You're totally right, stay away from the vaccine, all vaccines, actually, so you don't get swollen balls and autism, and tell all your like-minded friends (if you have any) and family to do the same....I'm sure you have been trumpeting this already, just trying to give you some extra encouragement.  Good work, sport.
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Episode 108: Living With Covid (The Osterholm Update COVID-19) posted July 8 discusses how the BA-5 Omicron sub-variant may or may not change the trajectory of the pandemic in the U.S. and elsewhere.
    I've followed Osterholm's podcasts for almost 2 yrs now, and it really is an excellent, if not the best (IMO), source of objective information that keeps abreast of current data. And, is seemingly free of political bias. 

What is worrisome to me at this time is "long COVID"... chronic post-infection pulmonary/respiratory/cadiological/neurological/etc. sequelae. Affects upto 30% of infected folks, according to some reports. Its why I still wear a mask wherever I go, and require them at work. I'll admit that we did relax our restrictions somewhat recently, but have decided this past week to get back in our hole. 

Mortality has not been ticking up (yet, thankfully) with BA.5, even though hospitalizations are starting to trend upwards. I hope it stays that way. 

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,671
    Options
    caliking said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    I've followed Osterholm's podcasts for almost 2 yrs now, and it really is an excellent, if not the best (IMO), source of objective information that keeps abreast of current data. And, is seemingly free of political bias. 

What is worrisome to me at this time is "long COVID"... chronic post-infection pulmonary/respiratory/cadiological/neurological/etc. sequelae. Affects upto 30% of infected folks, according to some reports. Its why I still wear a mask wherever I go, and require them at work. I'll admit that we did relax our restrictions somewhat recently, but have decided this past week to get back in our hole. 

Mortality has not been ticking up (yet, thankfully) with BA.5, even though hospitalizations are starting to trend upwards. I hope it stays that way. 
    In your line of work I would think that there are other reasons to wear a mask 😷 

Options
    If you are around stinky butts long enough they cease being noticeably stinky, according to theory, anyway.  Just like you aren't objective about your own smell.
    Options
    Episode 109: Rejecting The Status Quo: (The Osterholm Update COVID-19) posted July 21. Discusses the BA.5 surge in cases in the U.S. and around the world, assess the risk of reinfection with BA.5, and answer a COVID query about isolation guidelines. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • WildmanWilson
    WildmanWilson Posts: 482
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Its funny to read the comments from you libs. On one hand you preach population control yet on the other hand you want to force people to get a jab so they wont die. If you are truly worried about the population why not let the virus do what it does ? Aren't you artificially throwing the balance of Mother Nature off ? Nature actually is designed to take out the weak and sick and take populations down when they get too high. I mean, is killing babied the only tool in your bag?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Its funny to read the comments from you libs. On one hand you preach population control yet on the other hand you want to force people to get a jab so they wont die. If you are truly worried about the population why not let the virus do what it does ? Aren't you artificially throwing the balance of Mother Nature off ? Nature actually is designed to take out the weak and sick and take populations down when they get too high. I mean, is killing babied the only tool in your bag?
    I bet you’re really popular with all of the ladies.  A regular Lester Diamond.
  • caliking
    Options
    If you are around stinky butts long enough they cease being noticeably stinky, according to theory, anyway.  Just like you aren't objective about your own smell.
    I ALWAYS smell fvckin sexy

• WildmanWilson
    Options
    More of a cross between Rico Suave and Ted Nugent
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Ted Nugent wrote a song about having sex with a 13 year old (jail bait). He rhymed the word “thirteen” with her being “clean”. 

Im sure Rico Suave is cool though. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Ted Nugent wrote a song about having sex with a 13 year old (jail bait). He rhymed the word “thirteen” with her being “clean”. 

Well that sounds very much on brand for Ted, doesn’t it?  All class, that guy.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited July 2022
    Options

Well that sounds very much on brand for Ted, doesn’t it?  All class, that guy.
    A great person to aspire to. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Here’s what’s not a shock: that you get your news from a conspiracy theory website.  I think ZeroHedge has actually been banned from Twitter for pushing out covid misinformation, among other BS.  It used to be a source of reliable financial info, but then the owner went off the deep end.   Shocker that you went along for the ride, lol.  
  • caliking
    Options
     This is some weak sauce. I kinda expected you to troll mo' bettah than this by now. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Here’s what’s not a shock: that you get your news from a conspiracy theory website.  I think ZeroHedge has actually been banned from Twitter for pushing out covid misinformation, among other BS.  It used to be a source of reliable financial info, but then the owner went off the deep end.   Shocker that you went along for the ride, lol.  
    And the author of the “article” is Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt’s character in Fight Club)

Tyler Durdens Photo
    BY TYLER DURDEN
  • WildmanWilson
    Options
    Whats not misinformation. That’s what all of you label anything you don’t like. Twitter is your measuring stick for truth? Lol. The Hunter Biden laptop was labeled misinformation too. You guys are never interested in truth. That’s whats laughable. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,671
    edited July 2022
    Options
    The Hunter Biden laptop may or may not be true.  If it is true and there is something worthy of being pursued, Justice can follow its course and I don’t think that anyone here would lose sleep over that or be in denial and start relying on made up fake news sites to make them feel better about it.

On the other hand there is overwhelming evidence to the fact that Trump attempted to overthrow a legitimate election.  Most of the evidence is coming from his own people who are suddenly becoming the worst enemy of delusional peoples who are believing everything that may be making them feel better about what they would really like to be the reality.

Two separate topics and one is not an excuse for the other to be true or not.

Options
    Whats not misinformation. That’s what all of you label anything you don’t like. Twitter is your measuring stick for truth? Lol. The Hunter Biden laptop was labeled misinformation too. You guys are never interested in truth. That’s whats laughable. 
    Let me guess: you're not vaccinated.
  • caliking
    Options
    Both sides seek facts, and the "truth".

The problem is that one side doesn't quite understand how facts, and logic, work.

• WildmanWilson
    Options
    And yet here I am, still alive. I was an essential worker that had to lace up my boots every day and not hide for a year. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    received my ppp2 forgiveness certificate today.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WildmanWilson
    Options
    caliking said:
    Both sides seek facts, and the "truth".

The problem is that one side doesn't quite understand how facts, and logic, work.
    I agree. The libs don’t want any view other than what CNN tells them. If you wanted the truth, why rush to shut down discussion when so much was unknown? Just like the lab leak theory. It was instantly banned from social media and they didn’t know the facts. You guys are so fast to believe anything that comes from the mouth of your god Dr Fauci, that you will do anything he asked or demands. As you line up to get your 19th booster, remember they originally told you that you would not get Covid with the vax. Oh, and don’t forget to get your babies jabbed too. They will probably be safe because Biden and the Dr. said it’s fine. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    And yet here I am, still alive. 
    This is my shocked face: