Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pandemic updates 2.0

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,987
    Options
    caliking said:
    Here’s what’s not a shock: that you get your news from a conspiracy theory website.  I think ZeroHedge has actually been banned from Twitter for pushing out covid misinformation, among other BS.  It used to be a source of reliable financial info, but then the owner went off the deep end.   Shocker that you went along for the ride, lol.  
    Whats not misinformation. That’s what all of you label anything you don’t like. Twitter is your measuring stick for truth? Lol. The Hunter Biden laptop was labeled misinformation too. You guys are never interested in truth. That’s whats laughable. 
    Both sides seek facts, and the "truth".

The problem is that one side doesn't quite understand how facts, and logic, work.
    I agree. The libs don’t want any view other than what CNN tells them. If you wanted the truth, why rush to shut down discussion when so much was unknown? Just like the lab leak theory. It was instantly banned from social media and they didn’t know the facts. You guys are so fast to believe anything that comes from the mouth of your god Dr Fauci, that you will do anything he asked or demands. As you line up to get your 19th booster, remember they originally told you that you would not get Covid with the vax. Oh, and don’t forget to get your babies jabbed too. They will probably be safe because Biden and the Dr. said it’s fine. 
    Yes, you are right.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • AnothaStolenGenrator
    Options
    Here’s what’s not a shock: that you get your news from a conspiracy theory website.  I think ZeroHedge has actually been banned from Twitter for pushing out covid misinformation, among other BS.  It used to be a source of reliable financial info, but then the owner went off the deep end.   Shocker that you went along for the ride, lol.  
    Whats not misinformation. That’s what all of you label anything you don’t like. Twitter is your measuring stick for truth? Lol. The Hunter Biden laptop was labeled misinformation too. You guys are never interested in truth. That’s whats laughable. 
    Let me guess: you're not vaccinated.
    And yet here I am, still alive. I was an essential worker that had to lace up my boots every day and not hide for a year. 
    I did not know that shooting mannakins in the groin was essential work.  
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Let me guess: you're not vaccinated.
    And yet here I am, still alive. I was an essential worker that had to lace up my boots every day and not hide for a year. 
    Yeah. You weren’t the only one who worked through the pandemic, tiger. 

And, I don’t know where you do your “own research”, but the primary data from the Moderna and Pfizer vaccine trials  didn’t show a significant impact on rates of infection… they showed 95%ish reduction in death and mortality from COVID. That was proven when hospitals were packed with mostly unvaccinated folks. 

Facebook and Fox likely reported otherwise. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,671
    Options
    What do you know about hospitals? 

Options

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Good to see you back on here, Bill, after your public humiliation and shaming around the election.  Sorry to see you still haven’t learned much but beggars can’t be choosers I suppose!
  • caliking
    Options

Since you've obviously been diving so deep into Australia's COVID data, what's their vaccination rate?

• EggaddictArnold
    Options
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    It’s too bad there is not a vaccine for eating lead paint chips as a child. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options

“Vaccine”

I get it, you don’t understand why vaccines don’t immediately stop virus 100% and you don’t dare accept that mutations lead to new variants because that’s essentially evolution.

FYI not all mutations make the species stronger or survive longer.  We see clear manifestations of this in physical and mental abilities in humans.  I’m ok if you didn’t get vaccinated.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,415
    Options
    @Legume - Great piece of writing right there.  Well done.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    “Vaccine”

Have you tattooed “Moron” on your forehead, Bill?  Because you might as well with posts like these.  
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Legume - Great piece of writing right there.  Well done.  
    Virtuoso performance 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliking said:

Since you've obviously been diving so deep into Australia's COVID data, what's their vaccination rate?
    “Vaccine”

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you're being disingenuous, rather than simply ignorant. 

If Tucker lead you to believe that the vaccines would protect against COVID infection, then that is inaccurate. Again, the vaccines were authorised/approved because they demonstrated extremely high decreases in morbidity and mortality.  Not sure what it will take for you and your buddy @WildmanWilson to grasp that. 

Re: the point you were trying to make with your snapshot, of a snapshot, graph above,... the vaccination rate in Australia is 96%+ for the whole country.

The. Whole. Country. Not just one state.

Now, suppose 100% of a population is vaccinated, what percentage of new COVID cases will be vaccinated vs. unvaccinated? Do you see how that works? Maybe not. 

But, here's what Australia's COVID deaths look like vs. the US :

I'm sure a very high vaccination rate had nothing to do with how low their deaths have been. Right?

This guy charts. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,542
    Options
    “Vaccine”

Have you tattooed “Moron” on your forehead, Bill?  Because you might as well with posts like these.  
    Am I missing something,  why do you call Arnold Bill?
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    “Vaccine”

Am I missing something,  why do you call Arnold Bill?
    Let’s just say I got a hot tip.
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited July 2022
    Options
    John did his research on him.  He does it on everyone that pisses him off.  He looks at their profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook, where they live, their house pics (Google Earth) and anything else that gives him info to use against them (or for his troll accounts). 
    He covers all the bases!  Kind of like a PI with some “skin in the game”.  You fan boys that are sucking up to him could end up on his $hit list if you ever post something that he doesn’t like.
  • caliking
    Options
    John did his research on him.  He does it on everyone that pisses him off.  He looks at their profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook, where they live, their house pics (Google Earth) and anything else that gives him info to use against them (or for his troll accounts). 
    He covers all the bases!  Kind of like a PI with some “skin in the game”.  You fan boys that are sucking up to him could end up on his $hit list if you ever post something that he doesn’t like.
    This, coming from the guy who has repeatedly threatened to use his triple super duper top secret NSA security clearance to dox people. On a bbq forum. 

I’m not sure I’ll be able to stop laughing by tomorrow. 

PS: isn’t it too early for you to be drunk enough to be posting shite? Maybe not. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,140
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Buffalo Springfield "For what it's Worth" lyrics-
    "Paranoia strikes deep
    Into your life it will creep
    It starts when you're always afraid
    Step out of line, the men come and take you away"
    Sleep well.  
    Just cause you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't following you.

Also, can we all just sit back and appreciate the level of perfection JIC has achieved in his craft?  When people wake up in the middle of the night in a rage when their subconscious finally puts the pieces together and they recognize the insult?  Cheers, man, Cheers.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • littlerascal56
    edited July 2022
    Options
    caliking said:
    This, coming from the guy who has repeatedly threatened to use his triple super duper top secret NSA security clearance to dox people. On a bbq forum. 

PS: isn’t it too early for you to be drunk enough to be posting shite? Maybe not. 
    Man…you really got your nose buried deep up Johns ass!  Or do just like sucking his ****? You seem to have to defend him every time someone posts against the thinking of the great & powerful JIC.   Why does he have so muck control on you…and your posts?  Be your own man, and not one of JIC’s little bitches.  
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Speaking of lead paint chips….
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:

That funny right there. Don’t care who you are 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    caliking said:

That funny right there. Don’t care who you are 
    That is not true.  I know at least one person who did not find it funny.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • BenfordSlaw
    Options
    This really did use to be a much more friendlier place!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    This really did use to be a much more friendlier place!
    I like is much better now.
  • caliking
    Options
    caliking said:

Man…you really got your nose buried deep up Johns ass!  Or do just like sucking his ****? You seem to have to defend him every time someone posts against the thinking of the great & powerful JIC.   Why does he have so muck control on you…and your posts?  Be your own man, and not one of JIC’s little bitches.  
    I know irony is a big word for you, but its pretty clear who's obsessed with JIC here. 

And, I'm absolutely certain,  that there's at least one golf course in KS missing their resident bipolar dimwit right now. 

• littlerascal56
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliking said:

I know irony is a big word for you, but its pretty clear who's obsessed with JIC here. 

And, I'm absolutely certain,  that there's at least one golf course in KS missing their resident bipolar dimwit right now. 
    Dude…it’s OK if you like sucking Johns ****.  That’s your choice.  Not judging you as a **** sucker.  But you need to understand that the moment you question one of his posts, you will be ridiculed and shamed as a “drunk” and worthless human being.  Don’t fool yourself in thinking John is your friend. His only friend is John.  You sheeple are his pawns and followers. Wake up and smell the roses!