Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pandemic updates 2.0

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    Juiced with covid shot #5 last week, about the only benefit of being old.  Bring 'em all on.  Flu shot next week.  
    As I have posted here many times,"Never met a shot I didn't like."  
    Better living thru chemistry.  
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    But Frank…Biden said the pandemic is over.  Gone. Done deal. In the past.  Nothing to worry about.  With less than 2 months to the Mid-Terms.  What timing! Almost like a miracle. Hallelujah and praise the lord.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    But Frank…Biden said the pandemic is over.  Gone. Done deal. In the past.  Nothing to worry about.  With less than 2 months to the Mid-Terms.  What timing! Almost like a miracle. Hallelujah and praise the lord.

You’re really on a roll tonight.

Google pandemic so you can educate yourself on the definition.

Think flu and flu shots.
  • Legume
    Options
    Your foolishness in trying to sling mud at anything and everything is getting painful to watch.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Do you guys not watch 60 minutes?  Biden said the pandemic is over.  What part of that do you not understand?  You voted for him, so are you now questioning your fearless leader.
    In the same interview he said the US will send troops if war breaks out between Taiwan & China.  A very high probability at this point.  So are you Libs ready to send your kids to war in Taiwan?  Must be, because you voted for Biden. He is so smart. He should have checked with his staff before doing a 60 minute interview without a teleprompter.  Don’t think his comments were approved. Oops.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Legume said:
    Your foolishness in trying to sling mud at anything and everything is getting painful to watch.
    I think it’s awesome. The more it talks, the dumber it sounds! Weeeeeeee!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Bob- so glad you got Carey’s troll accounts banned.  No one liked those 2 abusive trolls.  Was just a matter of time for the fiber-duche and benford tool accounts to hit the dust.  Nola lives in the past…very old school thinker!
    Heard you taught this class at Duke’s Franklin Center. Doesn’t surprise me in the least! Marxism is predominate at Duke, and has been for years. So who is the NAZI der Fuhrer?

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Heard you taught this at Duke a few years back.  Doesn’t surprise me in the least! 

Ease up old man, we wouldn’t want you to blow yet another fuse.  You can’t have too many more left to sacrifice.  
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • littlerascal56
    Options

Heard you taught this at Duke a few years back.  Doesn’t surprise me in the least! 

Ease up old man, we wouldn’t want you to blow yet another fuse.  You can’t have too many more left to sacrifice.  
    John- you’ll probably give up the ghost before I will. Kind of a Karma thing!
  • Legume
    Options

Well, she probably understands the meaning of pandemic.  That’s a good place to start.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Based on recent photo evidence, karma is not even in the running for bronze. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Legume
    edited September 2022
    Options

Well just look at you!  Bringing a Hindu concept onto the forum, how very un-MAGA of you!
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Legume said:

Well just look at you!  Bringing a Hindu concept onto the forum, how very un-MAGA of you!
    Just thinking of Caliking, and don’t want to leave anyone out of the love! 
  • Legume
    Options
    Legume said:

You sure you don’t want to edit that?  
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Legume said:d
    Legume said:

You sure you don’t want to edit that?  
    You don’t like my spelling?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @littlerascal56

From the look of that…

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Options
    I correctly presumed that you were too dense to figure it out. 

Toodles =)

• WildmanWilson
    Options
    One of my un vaccinated aunts has Covid for the second time. I told Mom that my sympathies were lacking. Some people you just can’t reach.
    Yeah, because no one that has a vaxx ever gets Covid. 
    Yes I was vaxxed and got Covid in July 2022. I had a mind fever for 2 days and a runny nose for another two. My cousin who wasn’t vaccinated didn’t last 2 days in the hospital before they pulled the plug. She probably obeyed her husband and that church that they went to. I’m sure that the music was nice at her funeral.
    I am not vaxxed and got Covid early on and I'm here to brighten your day. I've been out and about all over the place and have not gotten the China flu again. Even a trip to Disney where it's wall to wall people.

You can look at all kinds of examples of they had their jab and they didn't and come to no conclusions. I worked with a guy in his 40s that was jabbed and looked to be the healthiest guy alive and he died from covid. I had another friend with stage four cancer that was not jabbed and he got it and was barely sick from it. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• WildmanWilson
    Options
    caliking said:
    One of my un vaccinated aunts has Covid for the second time. I told Mom that my sympathies were lacking. Some people you just can’t reach.
    Yes I was vaxxed and got Covid in July 2022. I had a mind fever for 2 days and a runny nose for another two. My cousin who wasn’t vaccinated didn’t last 2 days in the hospital before they pulled the plug. She probably obeyed her husband and that church that they went to. I’m sure that the music was nice at her funeral.
    I am not vaxxed and got Covid early on and I'm here to brighten your day. I've been out and about all over the place and have not gotten the China flu again. Even a trip to Disney where it's wall to wall people.

You can look at all kinds of examples of they had their jab and they didn't and come to no conclusions. I worked with a guy in his 40s that was jabbed and looked to be the healthiest guy alive and he died from covid. I had another friend with stage four cancer that was not jabbed and he got it and was barely sick from it. 
    I had a friend who died in a car wreck, even though he was wearing his seatbelt. Another friend survived one, and he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. 

Makes a compelling case for not wearing seatbelts when driving. 
    I wasn't the one saying one case showed proof that every case was the same. I guess you are too dumb to read. The guy I replied to was saying he was vaxxed and was hardly sick while his relative wasn't vaxxed and died, like that's always the case if you don't get the jab.
  • caliking
    Options
    caliking said:

I had a friend who died in a car wreck, even though he was wearing his seatbelt. Another friend survived one, and he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. 

I wasn't the one saying one case showed proof that every case was the same. I guess you are too dumb to read. The guy I replied to was saying he was vaxxed and was hardly sick while his relative wasn't vaxxed and died, like that's always the case if you don't get the jab.
     I was trying to work at  your crayons and n=3 level.

Warning: they use some big words. 

• Legume
    Options
    caliking said:

Everyone else is dumb in your world, that must be nice.

It’s simple risk management, not 100% either way, but you get better odds with a decent vaccine (skip the Sputnik vaccine).  Turning a vaccine into a battleground for freedom is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen and I am still amazed that so many took the bait on that. Again, fear is used to weaponize the ignorant.  

Darwin remains undefeated.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    @Legume - " fear is used to weaponize the ignorant." Quote of the day right there!  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Legume - " fear is used to weaponize the ignorant." Quote of the day right there!  

I was going to say the same thing.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• StillH2OEgger
    Options

I prefer to focus on all those months when hospitals and staff were overrun and 90 to 95 percent of those either dying of COVID or in ICU beds were unvaccinated. Kind of hard to ignore that, no? It's a shame so many selfish people created that problem. As someone with an older brother who needed and ICU bed for non-COVID reasons during that time (thankfully survived after they parked him in the hallway next to the nurse's station for three anxious days), it was quite frustrating.
    Stillwater, MN