Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 27,646
    @SmokyJLK - welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.
    Great first post/cook right there.  Nailed it!
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • 4TheGrillOfIt4TheGrillOfIt Posts: 662
    @Canugghead I have skewers like that a friend gave me more than a decade ago.  They last forever.  They do very well at keeping the food from spinning.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 6,145
    Blue plate for the win
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • BigGreenKevBigGreenKev Posts: 234
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:
    Today's lunch...onion and chicken kebab, wrapped in paratha

Do you have like, a kewl skewer gun?  Or just mad 3D skills??  :applause:
    Crazy but not sure about the rest  ;)  Next time I’m going back to single instead of double skew, tried double to prevent spinning but the smaller rings in the centre fell out.

I like to use the reusable flat stainless steel 1/2"-1" inch or so wide kefta/kebab kind of skewers. Can usually get an onion on just one skewer and the width of the blade is enough to keep them from spinning.

Brilliant, stealing cap's favourite line, learn something new here everyday! Thanks

Can also use these to hang from the center and use the egg like a tandoori.
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 5,152
    edited July 5
    @lousubcap looks like you’re figuring out that camera/picture taking thing. Nice shots.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

@shtgunal3 - thanks for the kind words.  My challenge is to become consistent and I am quite confident that is an elusive goal.
    Happy Birthday USA.  
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 6,145
    @lousubcap. Fantastic looking butt cook I am sure was much appreciated, thank you sir!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 5,152
    Looks amazing @GrateEggspectations

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 40,737
    cooked shrimp, smashburgers, cheese steak at a friend's house, we brought half the food.  Watched fireworks, then got a wild hair and decided to wing a multi-layer cake without any experience, sans any recipe except a frosting.  The cake mixes were bought.

@ryantt CNG  did a great job as expected.  Glad she is still enthused about continuing to develop her already great cooking skills.  
    @GrateEggspectations - That's some very impressive pizza.  Friend is high places right there.