Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Was at Disney 2 weeks ago and I enjoyed this pour of Stag Jr at the Polite Pig. Pro tip if you have a small group, sit at the bar outside and you can bypass the line, which was about 90 min for a table. Great BBQ and they have the largest selection of bourbon in Florida. 

I also brought back Covid as a souvenir from the trip and spent last week recovering. 

Good find considering I’ll be at Disney in October. Sucks about catching Rona tho. Glad to hear you’re on the mend
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Bought this as a gift for my buddy. Upon checkout, I found out he bought the other bottle they had.  I’ll have to drink it at my house I guess. Got him that Remus SR V instead. I did not care for the copper tongue offering they put out last year. This is better. Not sure it’s worth the price but oh well. 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    Trying out a newer Austin offering.    It’s only 99* here today so I will save brown water for the cooler hours.  

LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • ColbyLang
    Trying out a newer Austin offering.    It’s only 99* here today so I will save brown water for the cooler hours.  

I assume your other Austin offering is Tito’s. How does it compare?
  • TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:

I assume your other Austin offering is Tito’s. How does it compare?
    Tito’s is the go to, Deep Eddy is the next.   

This is cheaper for sure (probably a market introductory price) but it is darn smooth.   There is a unique finish to it, not offensive but also not what you’d suspect.   Can’t quite tell what it is.   Maybe if I have 2 more I’ll figure it out 🤣
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @JohnfromKentucky - One year on all those should have found your glass recycling by now... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,865

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    edited June 2022
    & water
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:

Yes sir Colby.    My colleague met the founder recently.   Hard stuff to find man!
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:

Yes sir Colby.    My colleague met the founder recently.   Hard stuff to find man!
    My neighbor and fellow bourbon nut turned me on to it. My wife loves it. Purchased directly from their website as they aren’t distributed in Louisiana 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629

Something I picked up while in Louisville.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

My neighbor and fellow bourbon nut turned me on to it. My wife loves it. Purchased directly from their website as they aren’t distributed in Louisiana 
    They do, sparingly, carry it here but I asked both my local honey holes and they said slim to none they could get it.   Ah well, just another Unicorn waiting to be lassoed.   
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I saw Coke is coming out with this:

I don't mind a Coke and Jack but it's hard to wrap my head around drinking it from a tin can. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TechsasJim
    @WeberWho I don’t mind that.    It isn’t for me but I’m glad to see 2 groups that have been hand in hand for decades are jointly coming together..or so I think.   🤷‍♂️
  • shtgunal3
    WeberWho said:
    I saw Coke is coming out with this:

I don't mind a Coke and Jack but it's hard to wrap my head around drinking it from a tin can. 
    The small town I live in was “dry” for many, many years. I remember driving to the county just south of us, roughly a 30 minute drive, to buy alcohol. We would drive down fairly quickly. We would pick up a case or two of beer and a sixer of “Jim Beam & Cola” and cruise back home.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    @WeberWho I don’t mind that.    It isn’t for me but I’m glad to see 2 groups that have been hand in hand for decades are jointly coming together..or so I think.   🤷‍♂️
    This is a complete guess but I'd imagine that it has something to do with their competitor Pepsi who just released Mountain Dew Hard.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • cheeaa
    cheeaa Posts: 364

man you drink some awesome beers. i buy some great beers myself but never had Abraxas. does it live up to the hype? where did you get it?
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    cheeaa said:

man you drink some awesome beers. i buy some great beers myself but never had Abraxas. does it live up to the hype? where did you get it?
    Thanks! I’m a big nerd for beer, food, and bourbon. This Abraxas was actually the rittenhouse rye barrel aged version. It was excellent!!! We get a lot of perennial stuff in Ohio but I was sent the barrel aged version as it’s not distributed. 

Brandon - Ohio

• ColbyLang said:
    Was at Disney 2 weeks ago and I enjoyed this pour of Stag Jr at the Polite Pig. Pro tip if you have a small group, sit at the bar outside and you can bypass the line, which was about 90 min for a table. Great BBQ and they have the largest selection of bourbon in Florida. 

I also brought back Covid as a souvenir from the trip and spent last week recovering. 

Good find considering I’ll be at Disney in October. Sucks about catching Rona tho. Glad to hear you’re on the mend
    They also had Rockhill farms and some other great bottles. 
    Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • Thanks! I’m a big nerd for beer, food, and bourbon. This Abraxas was actually the rittenhouse rye barrel aged version. It was excellent!!! We get a lot of perennial stuff in Ohio but I was sent the barrel aged version as it’s not distributed. 
    Ohio...where Kentuckians go to find Kentucky bourbon
  • TechsasJim
    Carding more bottle kills lately.   Guess that means a monster run is in order.  

• pgprescott
    Not yet but picked up a few goodies. Never had any docs before so looking forward to that. The SW uncut is phenomenal and I finally picked up a Bardstown disco. The jack bonded is a total crusher. Great $30 easy drinker. Cheers to the weekend! 

• jadams03
    jadams03 Posts: 45
    New addition

Large BGE--Louisville KY

"May I be worthy of my meat." Wendell Berry
  • pgprescott
    jadams03 said:
    New addition

Great pour. Great value. 
  • X4
    Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • TechsasJim
    Not yet but picked up a few goodies. Never had any docs before so looking forward to that. The SW uncut is phenomenal and I finally picked up a Bardstown disco. The jack bonded is a total crusher. Great $30 easy drinker. Cheers to the weekend! 

I had Doc for the first time 2 weeks ago and really enjoyed it!
  • shtgunal3

I can’t seem to find the Smokewagon around here. Seems like something I’d like. Is it peaty similar to an Islay scotch?

• pgprescott
    Not really. However High West Campfire is right up your alley. I also enjoy the Islay scotch and the Campfire is obviously blended with some Islay scotch.