Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Nothing bourbon especially on Derby eve can't fix.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    2oz of 1920
    1oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
    3/4oz of maple syrup
    2 dashes of Regans orange bitters #6

Nice
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629

This

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    MasterC said:
    2oz of 1920
    1oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
    3/4oz of maple syrup
    2 dashes of Regans orange bitters #6

Nice
    Kind of a variation on a whiskey sour. I like it.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    shtgunal3 said:

This
    Yep—fan of this one
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:

Got at true MSRP. Gonna crack it open tonight for pre and post prime ribeye dinner
    Awesome man, congrats!    Last time I got a true msrp bottle it was ~65.   Is that still right?
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    ColbyLang said:

Got at true MSRP. Gonna crack it open tonight for pre and post prime ribeye dinner
    Awesome man, congrats!    Last time I got a true msrp bottle it was ~65.   Is that still right?
    $56.99!

buddy that owns the store has more Blanton’s than he does Jack Daniel’s or any of the Woodford lines. He said he just got Maker’s. It’s unreal 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    ColbyLang said:

I think that’s about what I paid last summer when I found two bottles on two different occasions at CVS of all places. @62 bucks and change plus tax of course. Never hurts to check the supermarkets and what not. They are more likely to sell at actual retail than are the more savvy liquor store owners. Enjoy Colby!
  • TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:

I think that’s about what I paid last summer when I found two bottles on two different occasions at CVS of all places. @62 bucks and change plus tax of course. Never hurts to check the supermarkets and what not. They are more likely to sell at actual retail than are the more savvy liquor store owners. Enjoy Colby!
    We are kinda handcuffed here in Texas.   We can only by liquor at actual liquor stores—no grocery/convenient/drug stores and the liquor stores are not open Sundays and then from 10-9 other days.    

Guess it’s good and bad but it is limiting.  
  • TechsasJim
    About to watch the ponies and I’ll say “Let’s go Zandon” 

• TechsasJim
    lousubcap said:
    How the below blind tasting (mentioned in the WAYDRN thread) was judged by my son and me:

He ranked them as you see them. I had the Single barrel first, Eagle Rare second, EH Small batch third and Blanton's fourth.  Dump date on the Blanton's was May 4. 2020.  
    We both felt that the Blanton's did not hold up as well as the others although the differences across them all were not dramatic.  FWIW-
    We hadn't done a blind run in several months so it was a great time.  
    Cap, I like this approach.   

Fwiw I have never been a fan of the Eagle Rare—just doesn’t do it for me.  

As for the Blantons, agree as well.   If you get the @ColbyLang price it’s great—to spend 3 fold that not so much.   

I have friends that try to dip a toe into bourbon and they spend ~200 on Blantons and complain.  I tell them ex-post I could have put them on to 15 others in the $50 range that they likely would have enjoyed or may have preferred.   

Thanks again for the update-great study and family bonding right there.  
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    lousubcap said:
    How the below blind tasting (mentioned in the WAYDRN thread) was judged by my son and me:

He ranked them as you see them. I had the Single barrel first, Eagle Rare second, EH Small batch third and Blanton's fourth.  Dump date on the Blanton's was May 4. 2020.  
    We both felt that the Blanton's did not hold up as well as the others although the differences across them all were not dramatic.  FWIW-
    We hadn't done a blind run in several months so it was a great time.  
    That is one great looking spread Cap’. I have not ever done a blind tasting of these but my gut says I would agree with your scoring. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• pgprescott
    Two sure things right there! Hope your family enjoyed the water parks. 
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Two sure things right there! Hope your family enjoyed the water parks. 
    Love me some New Glarus! Cheers!

Brandon - Ohio

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Brown water with fajitas on the grill…

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • pgprescott
    Another sneaky good pour that goes under the radar. James E Pepper 100 proof unfiltered. Very reasonably priced for the quality of the pour. 

Cheers! 🥃
  • Cracked open the Private Select to give it my first try. 

Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • pgprescott
    While not in the rarified air of the Remus Repeal Reserve offerings, this one is still quite good at 94 proof and reasonable price. Cheers!

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• TechsasJim
    Had a couple buddies over last night— Weller, Smokewagon, Wilderness Trail and Col EH.  

No pics - nope, not last night.   Good to have buddies in town but won’t incriminate.   Ha
  • saluki2007

I’m not exactly sure why, but their offerings just don’t do it for me. The only one that I did enjoy was the Bottle in Bond. (I have not tried the birthday one). Enjoy. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL