Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Options

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    @lousubcap Did you happen to look at the non allocated bourbons?  Were they priced fairly?  Wonder if the store bought those second hand and part of the reason for the stupid prices. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,434
    Options
    Secondary markets on FB have driven prices out of line on Bourbons. Store owners are catching on and meeting somewhere between MSRP and full secondary. 

Buffalo Trace store pick ranging from $22.99 to $38.99 MSRP to a full $80 on secondary is flat out nuts. My Old Carter batches selling for triple what I paid. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    @lousubcap Did you happen to look at the non allocated bourbons?  Were they priced fairly?  Wonder if the store bought those second hand and part of the reason for the stupid prices. 
    My buddy said they were first hand. I don’t believe they could legally sell them if they were second hand. Not 100% sure but I would be surprised. Have to move quite a bit of regular product to qualify for receiving them. We have a local place with a similar collection. He bundles them with several considerably less desirable bottles and charges a ton. Not quite as much as this place but somewhere between realistic and this guy. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @saluki2007 - a couple of price points, Buffalo Trace was $40 and Eagle Rare $120.  Those I made a point of pricing however all the others I glanced at were plussed up more than what I consider reasonable but not as obnoxious as the museum collection offerings. 
    Something has to make it go.  I'm guessing the locals are familiar with the price points for the normal offerings (I did not look at the wines or other adult beverages in the store) and that makes it work.   FWIW-
    Your assessment for how those top shelf offerings are there definitely makes sense.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Sampler night, on the road for work and my colleague got froggy.    Tried all but the 1792

LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    jadams03 said:
    Had a nice haul this evening

Understatement of the year! Enjoy!
  • ColbyLang
    Options

Last night’s pours
  • lousubcap
    Options
    jadams03 said:
    Had a nice haul this evening

Welcome aboard and enjoy yhe journey.  Above all, have fun.
    Now the question- how were you able to source those two pours in this area??  Better to be lucky than good right there.  Well played.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jadams03
    jadams03 Posts: 45
    Options
    @lousubcap- it was complete luck (unfortunately- wish it a strategy that I could replicate).  TotalWine drawing, both my wife and I got our first pick. No need to play the lottery, have used up all luck for a long time!
    Large BGE--Louisville KY

"May I be worthy of my meat." Wendell Berry
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @jadams03 - Thanks for the info.  Regardless, you struck brown water gold.
    Enjoy-
  • saluki2007
    Options
    I don’t drink beer all that much anymore but when I do it’s typically a wheat beer.  This one is one of my favorites.  IPAs just make me feel like crap anymore.

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options

aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • saluki2007
    Options
    Mr1egg said:

Have you been watching Tokyo Vice on HBO?  This picture makes me think of that show. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 368
    Options
    Mr1egg said:

Have you been watching Tokyo Vice on HBO?  This picture makes me think of that show. 
    Lol no I haven’t but I might have to check it out.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Mr1egg said:

I keep a pistol (or two) within arm’s reach always.    May need to check out this Tokyo Vice business 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Always good to see baby-proofed electrical outlets back by the diapers, you can never be too safe with electrical outlets.
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 368
    Options
    Legume said:
    Always good to see baby-proofed electrical outlets back by the diapers, you can never be too safe with electrical outlets.
    Safety first!
  • Tip2Tip
    Tip2Tip Posts: 100
    Options
    Mr1egg said:

I keep a pistol (or two) within arm’s reach always.    May need to check out this Tokyo Vice business 
    Where do you live?  Juarez?

The most dangerous thing that approaches my apartment out here in LA is the Fed-Ex delivery guy.   
    California
  • saluki2007
    Options
    Tip2Tip said:
    Mr1egg said:

The most dangerous thing that approaches my apartment out here in LA is the Fed-Ex delivery guy.   
    Texas, duh. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,979
    Options

These are a little hard to find around here in Durham, but I secured some courtesy of a very generous gift from your friend and mine, @DoubleEgger
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    Options

Davis Bynum Pinot Noir. A fave
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Took a few days off.   I’m back.  

• TechsasJim
    Options
    Tip2Tip said:
    Mr1egg said:

Tip, not one way or another but my house is 200yrds from a bayou (creek) with Javelinas, feral hogs and coyotes that sometime wander close.   It can be off-putting.   I’m more rural than an LA apt.   I guess it could feel like Juarez but I’ve never been.    
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    new micro brew beer store in town......how a six pack costs over 30 dollars now a days

this is one of the best stouts ive ever tasted that wasnt homebrewed

IMG_5680

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it