Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    Options

Digging the Olight charging station 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Registration/Plates for the Outback....
    If you get snow like we do, you will appreciate it right about now. Fun parking in snowbanks at impressive angles during snowstorms. I forget now, which trim did you opt for?
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    absolutely nothing!  =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Nice Olights.  We're you like

Nice Olights.  We're you like
      My favorites are to clip on the baseball cap ones, the big one I bought this year and honestly I am not impressed with the "camo" its a bit sparkly and cheesy looking but it throws a good beam.

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Registration/Plates for the Outback....
    If you get snow like we do, you will appreciate it right about now. Fun parking in snowbanks at impressive angles during snowstorms. I forget now, which trim did you opt for?
    I went with the premium. I’m kind of kicking myself for not ordering a wilderness, but I’ll manage. I am anxious to see how it does in the snow. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options

How long does the bell pepper take to charge?

Looks like a good setup!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Gumbo fixings. Cold front pushing thru
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Langner91 said:

How long does the bell pepper take to charge?

Looks like a good setup!

opposite of the charge station, when it turns red its ready.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    Round-house.com. American made Jean's overalls and aprons. 50% off until midnight

South Buffalo, New York
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I must have missed the Round House sale. I'm seeing the normal $49.95 on the overalls.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    I get an occasional email from the folks at All-Clad, advertising a "scratch-n-dent" sale.  In the rare spirit of Christmas, I bought myself a few things:
    - 1.5 quart saucepan with lid, copper-sandwich style, 60% off
    - cordless, rechargeable immersion blender.  I've wanted one of these things for several years, yet the only available model was this one from All-Clad, stainless-steel body, at $300 which was ridiculous (I haven't checked for newer models in a long time).  The one I just bought had "damaged packaging", I'll try to survive, at $125.  
    - Splatter-guard, half-price.  My old one fell apart last time I used it
    - A slotted spoon, half-price at $18.  I'm almost 62 and have never owned a slotted spoon!  I've always used my ancient, brass-basket-wired-to-bamboo-handle chinese spider, but a couple cooks recently made me think I should splurge.  So I did.

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    @Botch I have a small set of All-Clad D3 series. I really like it, it is far superior to the old mix match 30 yr old Revere Ware it replaced. I've been tempted to pick up a few more pieces during one of the second quality sales they have periodically. I haven't found anything in the sale that I think that I really need, and the sale is a little confusing to sort through in regards to all the series of cookware they offer.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac is there a build thread for the kitchen and pool? If not I hope one is coming. This same build is in our future. 
    Snellville, GA

• QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:

So when is the big move (this home was built in South Carolina)? Did you have to pay extra to have your home listed on architecturaldesigns.com or did you get a discount for letting them use your new home in their advertising?

Might want to think before using stock internet images lol

never said this one was mine..

did say i was in the middle of purchasing one (just like it)..

much like all the amazon pictures posted, this one just has a bigger price tag.

to add color..

=) 

guess I should feel some way in the fact you try (and spend time searching) to knock folks down..

good on you..

You are irght on the money.  Sad that some here are just looking to critcize others who don't have the same political views.  They much spend half of the day trying to be important.  Really sad.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    QDude said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:

So when is the big move (this home was built in South Carolina)? Did you have to pay extra to have your home listed on architecturaldesigns.com or did you get a discount for letting them use your new home in their advertising?

to add color..

=) 

guess I should feel some way in the fact you try (and spend time searching) to knock folks down..

good on you..

You are irght on the money.  Sad that some here are just looking to critcize others who don't have the same political views.  They much spend half of the day trying to be important.  Really sad.
    Bingo!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,044
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac is there a build thread for the kitchen and pool? If not I hope one is coming. This same build is in our future. 
    No thread dedicated to the build.  Might when I get closer to being done. I have photos at every step of the process. This process is soooo sslllooooowwwww.  Started this process in February.  We are about 3 months from completion.  That doesn't count the interviews with designers and builders prior to settling on this contractor.

My advice, get everything in writing, every small detail, and make sure all communications are written, follow up verbal discussions with emails.  Ask questions, don't assume.  Be upfront and honest in every discussion.  Find a contractor who is the same way.  Also, higher licensed professionals, costs more, but work is backed up.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Eggdicted_Dawgfan Posts: 1,896
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Great advice. We are having trouble even finding contractors that want to take on the project. As a contractor myself I make it known up front I’m an anal ass0. Probably going to end up managing several contractors instead of turning everything over to one. 

Looking forward to seeing your pictures when the time is right. Good luck! 
    Snellville, GA

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    I’d also like to hear your thoughts on that burner you purchased as well once you have some use time with it. 
    Snellville, GA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I’d also like to hear your thoughts on that burner you purchased as well once you have some use time with it. 
    Which one?  I bought the PowerFlamer from OutdoorStirFry and have used it a few times.  It is absolutely amazing.  I will give a more detailed review in a bit.  Feel free to PM me any questions and I will do my best to answer.

I also picked up an ARG Pro Burner, but it will be a while before I get a chance to use it.  I will write-up a review on that too.  That one is gonna be built in.  The OutdoorStirFry one will be kept portable.  I wanted to build it in, but couldn't get the clean look I wanted.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    The power flamer is the one I was referring to but curious about the ARG as well. I’m hoping to only have one that can do it all. I assume the ARG can’t put out the btu that the PF can. Both probably outperform the eldelmetal but man I love that thing. Just looking for a bit more power for bigger boils. 
    Snellville, GA

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    QDude said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:

to add color..

=) 

good on you..

if I only hung out with people who’d shared my political views, I would have no family or friends lol. I do poke fun at a-holes on BBQ forums though. I stand by everything I said and I will give the full mea culpa when said a-hole proves me wrong. And not saying he can’t or won’t. I said what I said and meant it and still do. You and Pete should zoom chat while tuggin it to tucker so it’s not so lonely. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    The power flamer is the one I was referring to but curious about the ARG as well. I’m hoping to only have one that can do it all. I assume the ARG can’t put out the btu that the PF can. Both probably outperform the eldelmetal but man I love that thing. Just looking for a bit more power for bigger boils. 
    The PowerFlamer is 160k BTU.  The thing is a workhorse, love the pilot flame and easy to adjust temperature.  I actually have had to dial it back when doing fried rice and lo mein.  It is insane how hot it gets.  The portable legs make it really easy to move around, but I would not set a big pot of water on it, it is a little flimsy for that.

The ARG is 60k BTU, it is massive.  Much bigger once you see it in person, than the numbers suggest.  I look forward to actually using it.  Chomping at the bit to be honest.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    QDude said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:

to add color..

=) 

good on you..

if I only hung out with people who’d shared my political views, I would have no family or friends lol. I do poke fun at a-holes on BBQ forums though. I stand by everything I said and I will give the full mea culpa when said a-hole proves me wrong. And not saying he can’t or won’t. I said what I said and meant it and still do. You and Pete should zoom chat while tuggin it to tucker so it’s not so lonely. 
    Class act right here. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    QDude said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:

to add color..

=) 

good on you..

And really sad like @QDude said.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    New down bag after 30+ years with a north face blue kazoo that one of my kids uses now.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Legume said:
    New down bag after 30+ years with a north face blue kazoo that one of my kids uses now.
    Please say you call it a bean bag while you are in it.