Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    Here's the guest list for the Manning Brothers MNF broadcast tonight:
    "Peyton Manning’s production company announced the four guests for the game and they include former talk show host David Letterman, former NFL cornerback Aqib Talib, and current FOX announcer Joe Buck. Normally, the ManningCast features four guests with one appearing in each quarter. This leaves a potential quarter of football with just the Manning brothers chatting. "
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    Here's the guest list for the Manning Brothers MNF broadcast tonight:
    "Peyton Manning’s production company announced the four guests for the game and they include former talk show host David Letterman, former NFL cornerback Aqib Talib, and current FOX announcer Joe Buck. Normally, the ManningCast features four guests with one appearing in each quarter. This leaves a potential quarter of football with just the Manning brothers chatting. "
    I plan on watching tonight, largely based on your recommendation of the Manning show, but also because I think it might turn out to be a pretty good game.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Geeez, need someone to come on a management hunt?
  • ColbyLang said:
    Come on down. We have way too many. We have knocked down 33 so far and a few have died of natural causes. Still need to take 30-40 more. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    ColbyLang said:
    Come on down. We have way too many. We have knocked down 33 so far and a few have died of natural causes. Still need to take 30-40 more. 
    Damn! Any room for a redneck from Alabama?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871
    edited December 2021
    shtgunal3 said:
    ColbyLang said:
    You realize that's redundant, right? ;)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    edited December 2021
    shtgunal3 said:
    ColbyLang said:
    You realize that's redundant, right? ;)
    Gad you bolded.  I thought you were gonna say "room for a redneck" was redundant.  Everyone always has room for a redneck, they will sleep anywhere.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    If you thought you knew about football, after a session with the Mannings you will know how little you know.  Gonna be a great evening!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    lousubcap said:
    If you thought you knew about football, after a session with the Mannings you will know how little you know.  Gonna be a great evening!
    Cap'n, I know you've posted on where this broadcast is found, but I can't remember.  Which channel?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch said:
    lousubcap said:
    Cap'n, I know you've posted on where this broadcast is found, but I can't remember.  Which channel?  
    ESPN2
  • Botch said:
    lousubcap said:
    ESPN2
    Known to most as “the Deuce”
  • Botch said:
    lousubcap said:
    ESPN2
    Known to most as “the Deuce”
    well played, lol
  • shtgunal3 said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Rednecks from Ala-anywhere would fit right in out here lol. We are going to try to have a little egg-gathering for people who would like to come sometime next year. It won’t be during hunting season but the critters will all be here. We have whitetail, Axis, Fallow, and blackbuck out here so it’s a fun place if you like that kind of stuff. Plus we have 100 wineries several breweries and distilleries all within 20-30 min. Fredericksburg is a cool area. Hope we can put on a fun event for fellow eggheads here in the next year or so 
  • lousubcap
    For those converts to the Manning brothers MNF broadcast- they will next be on the air Jan 3, 2022.  Steelers at Browns.  
    Great entertainment,
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    lousubcap said:
    For those converts to the Manning brothers MNF broadcast- they will next be on the air Jan 3, 2022.  Steelers at Browns.  
    Great entertainment,
    Fun way to watch football!  Totally bummed I learned about this so late.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    @JohnInCarolina - the game action left much to be desired but the commentary was just like 'em all.  Given the Patriots won I'm guessing that was a plus for you.  
  • lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - the game action left much to be desired but the commentary was just like 'em all.  Given the Patriots won I'm guessing that was a plus for you.  
    It was different from what I expected Frank but definitely entertaining.  I hated the game - even if the Pats did win, I much prefer it when conditions don’t end up dictating what the teams can do.  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    lousubcap said:
    It was different from what I expected Frank but definitely entertaining.  I hated the game - even if the Pats did win, I much prefer it when conditions don’t end up dictating what the teams can do.  

im opposte to this, what i dont like is a cold weather team having to play the superbowl in some warm weather bubble.  last time we didnt pass like this was the snow plow game...memories
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • My wife works at a nursing home for our state veterans. On Veterans Day, they were playing videos for the residents of various people thanking them for their service, some of which happened to cops in uniform. One of the residents came up to my wife and told her that his son was a cop on my department that was killed early in his career in 1979. In all of our department buildings, we have an Honor Wall that contains a plaque for each fallen officer. I took a picture of his son’s plaque so she could show him. He had no idea about the plaques and figured everyone has forgotten about his son. 

It in turn has been turned into a pretty big thing and they are able to bring him to a station for him to see his son’s plaque, in person. He will also go over to our academy and see his son’s academy graduation photo as well as learn about the academy classes that have been dedicated to his son. After, if he is feeling up to it (he is 91) they are going to take him to the Police Memorial Park and then down to his son’s grave site. 

It has been super humbling to see that our department still cares enough to do all this for this old man and I am proud of my wife for getting this coordinated for him. 
    Yep, that is awesome.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    @Battleborn thanks for sharing this heart warming story.
    canuckland
  • My wife works at a nursing home for our state veterans. On Veterans Day, they were playing videos for the residents of various people thanking them for their service, some of which happened to cops in uniform. One of the residents came up to my wife and told her that his son was a cop on my department that was killed early in his career in 1979. In all of our department buildings, we have an Honor Wall that contains a plaque for each fallen officer. I took a picture of his son’s plaque so she could show him. He had no idea about the plaques and figured everyone has forgotten about his son. 

It in turn has been turned into a pretty big thing and they are able to bring him to a station for him to see his son’s plaque, in person. He will also go over to our academy and see his son’s academy graduation photo as well as learn about the academy classes that have been dedicated to his son. After, if he is feeling up to it (he is 91) they are going to take him to the Police Memorial Park and then down to his son’s grave site. 

It has been super humbling to see that our department still cares enough to do all this for this old man and I am proud of my wife for getting this coordinated for him. 
    This is pure greatness. Thanks for sharing. 
  • That is pretty cool, @Battleborn.
    Stillwater, MN
  • lousubcap
    @Battleborn - Thanks for sharing. This will means so much to all involved.  Congratulations to your wife and the department for making this happen.  
    I am sure he will be overwhelmed with emotions throughout the whole event.