Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Thanks @lkapigian.  Unless you are doing the "change the water frequently" or some other magic there is no way that will thaw by Sunday as you well know.  But just get the surface thawed enough for the rub and it falls into the frozen protein cook process. 
    You must have a huge group you are cooking that for.  Whomever is gonna be eating extremely well.  Have fun with that one.  Which rig gets the assignment?
    Thanks my friend, that’s about what I was thinking … my heart says cook on the offset , my body says the gravity feed , I will play it by ear lol
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Ordered a couple Kurobuta Pork Collars from SRF to make some Capicola ,saw I was only $189.00 Away for Free shipping, so , tacked on a 20 Pound 
    American Wagyu Black Grade Brisket......Felt like I was getting something free 
    I like the way you roll man, lol.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bradleya123
    Options
    One of these stupid things because she is spoiled and puts up with me. 

Ours is getting delivered today.  Trading in the original bike.  Love that thing!!!
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @littlerascal56 - that looks like a sweet rig.  First time with a drum style cooker?  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    edited December 2021
    Options

Im a little late to the party this year, but new tires for the kids ride. Could have used the studs today in the freezing rain.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @littlerascal56 - that looks like a sweet rig.  First time with a drum style cooker?  
    Yes this is my first drum cooker.  Something new to play with.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Some items from my favorite local rancher, she delivered to my front door.  About as close as you can get for "Farm to Table"...
    *the .4 pound pack of flat irons were a cyber-week freebie deal
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    One of these stupid things because she is spoiled and puts up with me. 

Ours is getting delivered today.  Trading in the original bike.  Love that thing!!!
    I ordered ours as a Christmas present for the wife. Luckily I was able to schedule the delivery for December 23rd and not have to worry about how to hide. Could have have had it here on Monday. 

I honestly have no idea what I bought. There is such a wide variety in prices. Hopefully it is the right one. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    billt01 said:

Wow!!  Congratulations, that is gorgeous!  Love the porch.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    billt01 said:

Wow!!  Congratulations, that is gorgeous!  Love the porch.

That is Gawjus as our friend Robin would say. that style is very popular down here right now too. I dig it.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Legume said:
    Have you considered a wrap for that house?  I’m ordering a wrapped Mini Cooper for my wife, she’s going to love it.

I sent this to my LV buyer.

Edit:. He said it was super tacky and no way would he be caught dead in one.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @littlerascal56 - I am giving the Bronco a serious look.  Any initial comments?  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited December 2021
    Options
    billt01 said:

So when is the big move (this home was built in South Carolina)? Did you have to pay extra to have your home listed on architecturaldesigns.com or did you get a discount for letting them use your new home in their advertising?

Might want to think before using stock internet images lol

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Ouch.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Operator, I would like to report a murder in this thread.  
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    lousubcap said:
    @littlerascal56 - I am giving the Bronco a serious look.  Any initial comments?  

Loaded basket yesterday around 9 am (charcoal briquettes).  It came up to 250 in about 10 minutes.  Seasoned it till lunch, then threw on this rack of ribs.  Wife was impressed with the ribs, and I was impressed that it ran all day and stayed 240-250 without adjusting air.  I’m really liking this drum, and it cleans up so easy.

• lousubcap
    Options
    @littlerascal56 - many thanks as I intend to gift my PBC ( 6 yr owner) to my son and go with the Bronco.  I have done a good amount of homework since your initial post and it has been quite positive.  I need a new toy, granted an upgraded toy from the PBC.  
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    I put some of the high heat (Ron’s) Permatex on the bottom & top air vent flanges, and around the seam (inside the drum), so it’s very airtight.  I ran top vent 100% open, and bottom vent on 1- which is about 1/4” open.  Amazed how well temp stayed.  I also had an RTD calibrator on it, and the factory thermometer was within 10-15 degrees of my calibrator all day. 
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    After I pulled ribs, I played with the vent setting.  Opening that vent slightly made temp rise in less than a minute.  It reacts very quickly to an air adjustment.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @littlerascal56 - thanks for the additional insights.  I was game for a new toy and your comments sealed the deal.  Much appreciated.  
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I’ve used the pit barrel cooker for ribs, chicken halves and Tacos Al pastor. There is definitely something about the cooked over coals experience that is worth pursuing. I’m down with the simple pit barrel cooker because it’s American made and veteran owned. Not the best or sexiest barrel cooker, but one of the first, simplest and American out there. Please consider when evaluating. Cheers!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    Funny, with all my cookers and gadgets and other accoutrements, I have never bought a PBC.  I have eyed them since they first showed up.  Hopefully one day I will come into possession of one.

If anyone wants to trade a Traeger for one, I am game.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @pgprescott - I have owned and used a PBC for the past 6 years as this forum prompted the buy.  Just time for a new toy-the PBC is going to be gifted to my son. 
    BTW As far as I know I am American made and I do know I am a veteran.  =)
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Based on current events, I’m starting to think some of the red-hot stock tips I have gotten on here may not be as good as I thought they would be. Crap. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Based on current events, I’m starting to think some of the red-hot stock tips I have gotten on here may not be as good as I thought they would be. Crap. 
    It is mildly entertaining that a dozen people still like that house pic.  So much of life really does boil down to paying attention to detail.