Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited December 2021
    Based on current events, I’m starting to think some of the red-hot stock tips I have gotten on here may not be as good as I thought they would be. Crap. 
    It is mildly entertaining that a dozen people still like that house pic.  So much of life really does boil down to paying attention to detail.  
    If someone wants to track down a fake house on their time more power to them. I don't think most people (including me) are going to go back and track down and unlike a post. Just my thought anyway....

My thought that it could just be a stock photo of the house that he could be building? You'll see stock photos of houses in house realtor magazines that are a generic picture of what the house will look like. That would be my best guess unless it's 100% untruthful. He's not a known troll account. He's worth the benefit of the doubt. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho said:
    Based on current events, I’m starting to think some of the red-hot stock tips I have gotten on here may not be as good as I thought they would be. Crap. 
    It is mildly entertaining that a dozen people still like that house pic.  So much of life really does boil down to paying attention to detail.  
    If someone wants to track down a fake house on their time more power to them. I don't think most people (including me) are going to go back and track down and unlike a post. Just my thought anyway....
    Fair enough.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    edited December 2021
    billt01 said:

So when is the big move (this home was built in South Carolina)? Did you have to pay extra to have your home listed on architecturaldesigns.com or did you get a discount for letting them use your new home in their advertising?

Might want to think before using stock internet images lol

never said this one was mine..

did say i was in the middle of purchasing one (just like it)..

much like all the amazon pictures posted, this one just has a bigger price tag.

to add color..

=) 

guess I should feel some way in the fact you try (and spend time searching) to knock folks down..

good on you..

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    @JohnInCarolina - you need to post your above acquisition over in the Exotic Car spottings thread.  Now there's a set of wheels for a drive-thru run.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • billt01

congratulations!!!
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - you need to post your above acquisition over in the Exotic Car spottings thread.  Now there's a set of wheels for a drive-thru run.  
    Come on Frank. This is an obviously lame attempt to troll and bully another member who posted a picture of a generic house in lieu of his actual proposed house. He and his buddies thought they had a real gotcha moment until a reasonable person from Minnesota offered a more reasonable and charitable explanation.  Don't fall for his antics. I know you're buddies but...  :open_mouth:
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    lousubcap said:
    Come on Frank. This is an obviously lame attempt to troll and bully another member who posted a picture of a generic house in lieu of his actual proposed house. He and his buddies thought they had a real gotcha moment until a reasonable person from Minnesota offered a more reasonable and charitable explanation.  Don't fall for his antics. I know you're buddies but...  :open_mouth:
    I think Frank obviously gets the sarcasm and is playing along with it, FWIW.  No need to lobby here.

lousubcap said:
    I think Frank obviously gets the sarcasm and is playing along with it, FWIW.  No need to lobby here.

Oh, that's right, you guys are all coordinated on a group text. Sorry to spoil your coordinated group trolling and bullying. I hadn't considered he'd be participating in the shenanigans. 

Carey on.
  • nolaegghead
    Jesus.  Someone woke up on the wrong side of his plastic chaise lounge.
    Trust me.  I am not on any group texts.  Just called it like I saw it.  I did recognize that it was not a private residence driveway but with the way the economy is rolling these days...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    I am on a couple long-running group texts with mostly guys that aren't on the forum anymore and we don't talk about the forum for obvious reasons.  If it helps thinking there are dark forces secretly plotting against individuals here (also probably discussing drinking infant blood and planting microchips in vaccine), then keep on with that.
    I am on a couple long-running group texts with mostly guys that aren't on the forum anymore and we don't talk about the forum for obvious reasons.  If it helps thinking there are dark forces secretly plotting against individuals here (also probably discussing drinking infant blood and planting microchips in vaccine), then keep on with that.
    It does help me sleep better at night knowing you guys are texting each plotting your next take down. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Carey on.
  • nolaegghead
    That's not punny

That was 100% me and 100% stand by it. I'm happy to admit I'm wrong if proven so. Otherwise, it is what it is. I don't ever poke the bear with people who aren't bomb-throwers. If you come on here throwing haymakers on 5 threads at a time trying to stir up sh!t, I feel it's fair game for me to have some fun with it. That's all that was. Bullying is what Lit did to Ron and many others.

If you are going to be on here picking fights, don't cry when someone hits back (for the record- Billit isn't crying- you are for him)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • billt01
    Back to negotiations to sell  the timber off my fictional property to build my fictitious house on my never land ranch..

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01 said:
    Back to negotiations to sell  the timber off my fictional property to build my fictitious house on my never land ranch..

We'll be sure to look forward to a lot of pictures of other people's progress!  Good luck to you and to them!  
  • lousubcap said:

That was 100% me and 100% stand by it. I'm happy to admit I'm wrong if proven so. Otherwise, it is what it is. I don't ever poke the bear with people who aren't bomb-throwers. If you come on here throwing haymakers on 5 threads at a time trying to stir up sh!t, I feel it's fair game for me to have some fun with it. That's all that was. Bullying is what Lit did to Ron and many others.

If you are going to be on here picking fights, don't cry when someone hits back (for the record- Billit isn't crying- you are for him)
    Gosh you'd almost think that one of us claimed to have once worked as a chef or something... 

• billt01 said:

save a stick for the mantle
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    billt01 said:

Good for you man, I’m too scared to build. My wife would blow out our budget on her dream house. Funny, she has no issues sticking with other peoples in her daily profession as an interior designer tho…..
  • billt01
    edited December 2021
    billt01 said:

We'll be sure to look forward to a lot of pictures of other people's progress!  Good luck to you and to them!  
    You’re a lot of things but I didn’t take you for a liar..

#FIFY
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• nolaegghead
    *You're = "You are"
    I'm just effin with ya, man.  I don't care about grammer.
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    edited December 2021
    ColbyLang said:
    billt01 said:

Good for you man, I’m too scared to build. My wife would blow out our budget on her dream house. Funny, she has no issues sticking with other peoples in her daily profession as an interior designer tho…..
    I'm with you here.  In the process of a back yard reno and it seems 3 things go wrong or change at every single step. And this is super basic stuff, nothing near as complicated as a house. I would have a stroke if I tried to build an entire house.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Gents, @lousubcapis going to open the bar in just under an hour.  Perhaps this conversation could continue there?
    I'll be there!
  • billt01 said:
    billt01 said:

You’re a lot of things but I didn’t take you for a liar..