Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    SGH said:
    Eoin said:
    Buying some petrol.

That would be $116.60 here at the moment, our regular (95 RON).
    It now takes a 100 bucks to fill up my F250. Now I fully grasp what Ridin with Biden meant 👍

dont even want to know how much it costs in my f550 v10 hauling an egg and some lump down the road. it does not go far between fillups
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Buying some petrol.

The vast majority of which is tax. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    SGH said:
    Eoin said:
    Buying some petrol.

It now takes a 100 bucks to fill up my F250. Now I fully grasp what Ridin with Biden meant 👍

He’s asking China to release fuel reserves hahaha! Amazing what can happen in a year
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I'm currently purchasing gas for 5..

Toyota Tundra
    Nissan Kicks
    Toyota CHR
    Toyota 4Runner
    VW GLI

I think everyone here knows, in the US a large percentage of the gas cost is tied to taxes..

and they're getting that stimulus money back a gallon at the time..

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Buying some petrol.

Do you guys pay more since you drive so little with shorter distances? I remember being over in England and one of our friends who lives there said, "I hardly see my sister. She lives 20 miles away." I couldn't tell if she was serious or not at first. The one other time our British friends flew to the Twin Cities and were floored that we would come and pick them up at their hotel. (A 30 minute drive from our house) They pleaded that they could take a Taxi so we didn't have to drive that far. Which was hilarious. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Went to a local saddlery yesterday and bought a new pair of Canadian-made, leather soled boots to replace my exact same, worn out ones. 

The store, which specializes in equestrian gear, featured signs warning against consumption of Ivermectin for the purposes of warding off COVID. First time I’d seen such signs live. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:
    Eoin said:
    Buying some petrol.

He’s asking China to release fuel reserves hahaha! Amazing what can happen in a year
    https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/exclusive-us-asks-big-countries-coordinate-releases-oil-reserves-sources-2021-11-17/

Options
    Eoin said:
    Buying some petrol.

The vast majority of which is tax. 
    Fuel duty (fixed amount per litre) added to the cost of the fuel and then 20% VAT added onto the total (yes, 20% sales tax on the fuel duty).
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,096
    Options
    Went to a local saddlery yesterday and bought a new pair of Canadian-made, leather soled boots to replace my exact same, worn out ones. 

The store, which specializes in equestrian gear, featured signs warning against consumption of Ivermectin for the purposes of warding off COVID. First time I’d seen such signs live. 
    Our feed store has them up.  Luckily, I use a different dewormer for my horses and dogs, so I have not had supply issues, but those who use dewormers with Ivermectin have been having lots of supply problems around my area.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options

Our feed store has them up.  Luckily, I use a different dewormer for my horses and dogs, so I have not had supply issues, but those who use dewormers with Ivermectin have been having lots of supply problems around my area.
    I would’ve thought you lean ivermectin.  

For your horses.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    My new commercial grade billion BTU wok burner just showed up!

That looks pretty heavy duty! Where’d you pick it up?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2021
    Options
    My new commercial grade billion BTU wok burner just showed up!

That looks pretty heavy duty! Where’d you pick it up?
    The site looks completely shady, but is legit.  I talked to the owner and he was super nice and helpful.

http://outdoorstirfry.com/product/powerflamer-propane-160-long-lead-time/

Here is it in front of my Medium Egg.  Ignore the dust an mess.  Having a pool put in, and I am currently living in a Grapes of Wrath level dust bowl.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations

Here you s a good article, I am a sucker for Kenji's recommendations.

https://www.seriouseats.com/outdoor-wok-burner-review
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    That thing is a beast. Twice the BTUs as my edelmetall. Curious to hear what you think of it after a few uses. 
    Snellville, GA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    That thing is a beast. Twice the BTUs as my edelmetall. Curious to hear what you think of it after a few uses. 
    Hopefully I will have a chance after Tday.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Do you guys pay more since you drive so little with shorter distances? I remember being over in England and one of our friends who lives there said, "I hardly see my sister. She lives 20 miles away." I couldn't tell if she was serious or not at first. The one other time our British friends flew to the Twin Cities and were floored that we would come and pick them up at their hotel. (A 30 minute drive from our house) They pleaded that they could take a Taxi so we didn't have to drive that far. Which was hilarious. 
    20 miles is a fair poke and could take an hour depending on where in the UK it is.    That distance certainly feels far enough away to be not just around the corner.  Depends what is on the other end of the journey, though doesn't it. 

It's 70 miles to the in-law's & takes 2 hours, nearly all motorway. That's a long journey by average standards.  

Brits traditionally commute up to 30 minutes whether by foot, car or bike.   That is distorted by London where most use public transport and 90 minutes by train(s) is more common.

The UK is a small, awkwardly shaped and difficult to navigate place. Straight roads, urban and rural are rare - apart from where @Eoin lives,  which is essentially the English prairies. 

Public transport is at best patchy and of course the fuel levy is an absolute cash cow for the Treasury. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2021
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    WeberWho said:

20 miles is a fair poke and could take an hour depending on where in the UK it is.    That distance certainly feels far enough away to be not just around the corner.  Depends what is on the other end of the journey, though doesn't it. 

It's 70 miles to the in-law's & takes 2 hours, nearly all motorway. That's a long journey by average standards.  

Brits traditionally commute up to 30 minutes whether by foot, car or bike.   That is distorted by London where most use public transport and 90 minutes by train(s) is more common.

The UK is a small, awkwardly shaped and difficult to navigate place. Straight roads, urban and rural are rare - apart from where @Eoin lives,  which is essentially the English prairies. 

Public transport is at best patchy and of course the fuel levy is an absolute cash cow for the Treasury. 
    Wow, slow going.  My folks live just over 100 miles away, and it takes 75minutes.  Only about 7 turns total.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    WeberWho said:

Wow, slow going.  My folks live just over 100 miles away, and it takes 75minutes.  Only about 7 turns total.
    Do you take all 7 turns at 80mph?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2021
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    WeberWho said:

Do you take all 7 turns at 80mph?  
    Nope, I slow down to 60 for most turns.  I make up for the slowdown on the 95 miles of highway.  Speed limit is 75mph, but granny will pass you if you are going less than 85.

The ~5miles of surface streets range from 55mph - 45mph.  The real killer is once I get into my parents neighborhood.  That is 25mph.

There are also 3 stop lights which add some variability.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    WeberWho said:

Open fast roads round here and only a thin covering of Ed's ex-colleagues to bother you.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Eoin said:

Open fast roads round here and only a thin covering of Ed's ex-colleagues to bother you.
    They only stop cars because they are lonely and want a chat with someone.   Well, that was certainly the case in the 90's.  
    Now they are too busy filling in risk assessments, doing online learning about the latest unenforceable piece of legislation and compiling stats for the Home Office.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:

They only stop cars because they are lonely and want a chat with someone.   Well, that was certainly the case in the 90's.  
    Now they are too busy filling in risk assessments, doing online learning about the latest unenforceable piece of legislation and compiling stats for the Home Office.
    Ha! I feel that in my bones. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    edited November 2021
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:

I'm never bothered dealing with traffic police, they're usually looking for idiots and drunks, not people going a bit over NSL. Cameras are just enforcement by numbers, I hate the idea of road safety being down to a number on the speedo.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Belts

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2021
    Options
    A new leather sofa for our movie room.

Made the expensive mistake last year of ordering a fabric couch online from a company called Article. Probably should have returned it after a couple weeks but it would have been a huge hassle and my hope was that it would wear in a bit and mellow out. Fast forward to a year later. The quality of the Article sofa is terrible. The supposed stain resistant fabric was a joke and the seats are made with cheap low density foam. 

So today I bit the bullet and decided to do what I should have done a year ago and bought a leather sofa. Fingers crossed it holds up like our 2 Bernhardt leather sofas in our living room

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    My wife's Christmas came today.  I usually hid presents in the oven (foolproof hiding place here) but I don't think this will fit.

there we go....all wrapped.   =)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @bucky925 - Friday night, 12/3-be there on the Zoom!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    WeberWho said:

I once read somewhere, that Americans can't quite comprehend 100yrs of history, and the UK'ers can't wrap their brains around travelling 100 miles for anything (paraphrased... poorly). 

My daily commute is 22 miles (one way), and takes 25 mins. Most Americans can't recall what happened 5yrs ago, especially re: politics/politicians. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    caliking said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    WeberWho said:

I once read somewhere, that Americans can't quite comprehend 100yrs of history, and the UK'ers can't wrap their brains around travelling 100 miles for anything (paraphrased... poorly). 

My daily commute is 22 miles (one way), and takes 25 mins. Most Americans can't recall what happened 5yrs ago, especially re: politics/politicians. 
    “Can’t” and “Don’t wish to” are very different - FYI 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet