Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,096
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Laying here in the recliner with Duck Cat (glad he's no worse for wear), listening to the wind howl outside. 
    Yesterday was unmitigated chaos and past 2 days are stressful to say the least. Had special order on a piece of furniture. which was dropped and shattered at the store ..getting ready for delivery.. 
    While I was "negotiating " a re-build /order .. I also had a crew working to finish clean up from the tornado (this past March) when they busted a water line down to my barn.. Ran to the store to get pieces to repair that..
    .came home and saw Duck Cat laying in the middle of the street ..not moving ..had tire treads over him. Picked him up and he started crying ..rushed him to work and stabilized him as best I could.
    Surprisingly his injuries were not as bad as I suspected.
    Bad bruising on the lungs, road rash on his forelimbs, probably needs a wire in his lower jaw..and one of his canines removed...told my gf he's getting a titanium one so he can bite her better (they have a love hate relationship).... Going to see my ortho buddy this evening about a questionable area on his shoulder rads...but otherwise no worse injuries...
    He got hit hard enough it shattered the plastic buckle on his collar. 

He's glad to be home as well. Been right by my side since I brought him home this am

Then I blew a fuel line on the big green turd (tractor)
    First and last john deere I'll own.

Glad she survived, doubly glad you happen to be vet.  She is one lucky kitty.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Poor kibby, hope she fully recovers.
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Waiting for a delivery from the Holy Grail Steak Co 
    Nice.  What have you got coming?
    Some NY strips, monster porterhouse and some American wagyu strips 

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,096
    Options
    MasterC said:
    MasterC said:
    Waiting for a delivery from the Holy Grail Steak Co 
    Nice.  What have you got coming?
    Some NY strips, monster porterhouse and some American wagyu strips 

Nice!  Wagyu Strips are my favorite.  I used to be a ribeye person, but have begun to prefer strips 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    50 pounds of meat snacks....check!
    I like your style, @lkapigian. Do any of your offspring share your love of BBQ?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @lkapigian great cooks this week.  Take no prisoners in the cook-off.  Best of luck.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    MasterC said:
    They came.
    They came, you saw and you will conquer.  Great cuts-enjoy every celebration with your family and those proteins.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Spatching 3 turkeys for a small event tomorrow and chipped my Miyabi somehow during the process. Dammit 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,295
    edited November 2021
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Spatching 3 turkeys for a small event tomorrow and chipped my Miyabi somehow during the process. Dammit 
    Is your Miyabi VG10? How did the chip happen?
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Is your Miyabi VG10? How did the chip happen?
    FC61. No clue really how it happened. I used shears for the majority of it
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    Options
    Shameless acknowledgement to the Louisville City Football Club for their fan support.  I am St Petersburg, FL for the USL Eastern Conference Final match tomorrow.  The club has been in existence for seven years and this is the seventh year they have played in the conference finals.  The club paid for a round trip charter flight from L'ville to Tampa and tix to the match.  Limited availability and I took it.  (SWMBO declined).  They also sponsored 4 busses (900 m/1,450 km) (with tix) down for the game.   70+*F every day-what's not to like.  Match on!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I finally got a replacement for my 2010 Macbook Air about 3 weeks ago, and sure enough then all of the sudden my internet connection goes to hell; today at noon I had 2.17 Mb/sec download, 0.41 upload, and 52 "ping" (but I don't know what that means).  
    I called my provider, and she kept saying my phone was breaking up, it was a difficult conversation.  I told her I used a VOIP phone and that was probably why; nevertheless she asked me to unplug my modem and the box connected to the antenna, so of course the phone call ended.  
    Plugged back in, and still a molasses internet, then about 2 this afternoon I got nothing; 'puters would connect to my wifi but nothing coming in.  
    Finally got 'net back at 5:30 or so tonight, and its blazing fast, hasn't been like this in at least 3 weeks.  Thinking my provider did some checking and unplugging/replugging of their own, and things are working fine again.  
    I hate this crap.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,766
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations 2/3 do and they are stating to dabble, they all show up and help 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    @GrateEggspectations 2/3 do and they are stating to dabble, they all show up and help 
    Almost nothing greater than sharing a passion with a loved one.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Botch said:
    I finally got a replacement for my 2010 Macbook Air about 3 weeks ago, and sure enough then all of the sudden my internet connection goes to hell; today at noon I had 2.17 Mb/sec download, 0.41 upload, and 52 "ping" (but I don't know what that means).  
    I called my provider, and she kept saying my phone was breaking up, it was a difficult conversation.  I told her I used a VOIP phone and that was probably why; nevertheless she asked me to unplug my modem and the box connected to the antenna, so of course the phone call ended.  
    Plugged back in, and still a molasses internet, then about 2 this afternoon I got nothing; 'puters would connect to my wifi but nothing coming in.  
    Finally got 'net back at 5:30 or so tonight, and its blazing fast, hasn't been like this in at least 3 weeks.  Thinking my provider did some checking and unplugging/replugging of their own, and things are working fine again.  
    I hate this crap.  
    Daily occurrence where I live. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Shameless acknowledgement to the Louisville City Football Club for their fan support.  I am St Petersburg, FL for the USL Eastern Conference Final match tomorrow.  The club has been in existence for seven years and this is the seventh year they have played in the conference finals.  The club paid for a round trip charter flight from L'ville to Tampa and tix to the match.  Limited availability and I took it.  (SWMBO declined).  They also sponsored 4 busses (900 m/1,450 km) (with tix) down for the game.   70+*F every day-what's not to like.  Match on!
    Nothing like a play-off final for a fun day out.  Looks like I have a preferred US team now as well, then?  That's excellent work by the club to organise transport for the fans.  Love the purple kit, too.  Have a great day @lousubcap
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    lousubcap said:
    Nothing like a play-off final for a fun day out.  Looks like I have a preferred US team now as well, then?  That's excellent work by the club to organise transport for the fans.  Love the purple kit, too.  Have a great day @lousubcap
    If only we had relegation/promotion - so they could get into MLS…

Unfortunately I can’t get myself to cheer heartily for the Louisville club because I grew up as a Rowdies fan in the old NASL where I got to see Rodney Marsh play for them against Pele and his New York Cosmos.  With that said, good luck to you and your team @lousubcap.  

San Antonio FC is on the other side of the bracket playing for a shot in the final.  

Here’s to a final between my new and old teams.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    Foghorn said:

That's just plain weird.  
    The whole purpose of fandom here is either fear of relegation or joy or promotion.    We don't count 'followers' of Man Utd and that ilk because you need a taste of both.  Man City and Chelsea have both been second tier clubs in my recent memory. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:

That's just plain weird.  
    The whole purpose of fandom here is either fear of relegation or joy or promotion.    We don't count 'followers' of Man Utd and that ilk because you need a taste of both.  Man City and Chelsea have both been second tier clubs in my recent memory. 
    Joy of promotion followed by fear of relegation.
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    edited November 2021
    Options
    (Yesterday) I was at a funeral mass where the priest looked *exactly* Will Ferrel and one of the altar people, an old short guy, looked *exactly* like Bob Newhart. 

When the little guy was handing the sacramental stuff to the priest all I could see was

And when the priest was singing

Pretty soon, all I could think of is the movie Elf. While everyone is crying, I was barely stifling church laughter. 

Throwback to Chuckles the Clown’s funeral

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,098
    Options
    Appreciating my new probe:

I have not used mine yet, but think maybe I should have bought the 4 probe set. Show us how it turns out.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Foghorn - the winner of the LCFC/ Rowdies match will host the championship next Sunday at 8:30 pm on ESPN.  If in L'ville I'll be there.  This is the third time these two have faced off in the conference finals.  Visitors have won the first two.  Here's to that trend continuing.  May you have one club in the final.   ;)