Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    @nolaegghead wow that's scary, glad you weren't home alone. Good reminder of the risk with deli meat, I speculate turkey has lower turnover rate (hence staler) than say ham or roast beef. Take care.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap said:
    @nolaegghead - Wow.  What a ride/scare.  That's the hardest hit food poisoning case I have heard of and don't need any one trying to break that,
    Glad you were able to sort it out but what an ordeal.  
    In the moment it sounds like it was pretty terrible, I agree, but I think he’s lucky that he seems to have managed to purge it from his system before it got too far into his digestive track.  Most of the people I’ve talked  to who had food poisoning had it take them out for a couple of days if not longer.  

It’s really bad news in general.  You do not want to get food poisoning under any circumstances.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Here was my progress today.

Wherever you are dumping, if possible back up to something solid, old stump or tree anything. If you can lay a flat strap hamburger style at the front of the trailer, then when its loaded loop it around the mess, tie off to another, back to the aforementioned solid object, tie off and drag that heap of **** off your trailer. then hook the strap to your trailer and pull it out of the mess.
     Alternatively loop a chain or big strap around the meat of a pallet and put it down first.  But honestly with your money this would have been a perfect opportunity to pick a Hercules single axle dump trailer.
    I would love a dump trailer!  I have looked at them, but horses and fancy bags take all my disposable income 😜.  Unfortunately, our local transfer station doesn't have anything to tie to.  Mostly unload by hand into a big trough.

I like the pallet and chain idea.  If I do that, I can pull up to the commercial unloading spot and they have a mini-hex that will unload it for me.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    SGH said:
    Beautiful day 👍

You have enough for a snack, what is your plan for the actual meal?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    My guess is shrimp…
  • Raiding both of my kids candy hauls. I figure I'm doing them a favor by reducing the likelihood of developing cavities. I'm a good dad

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Halloween has been pretty dumb. We’ve had like 4 kids come by the house. My oldest daughter is wearing a costume fit for Fremont Street taking the youngest around and I got hit with a late DUI at the end of my shift making me late. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    We don't do anything.  We live way off the beaten path and never get any trick or treaters.  I loved ot when we were in a neighborhood and.the kids were young, but now it is just like any other day for us.
  • They schedule “beggars night” around here, weirdest thing I’ve ever heard of. Midwest smh
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Wow. 
    This WS game is really turning in to something.   Braves stadium is getting quieter by the minute.  I don't really care who wins.  I just like October (&November)  baseball.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2021
    kl8ton said:
    Wow. 
    This WS game is really turning in to something.   Braves stadium is getting quieter by the minute.  I don't really care who wins.  I just like October (&November)  baseball.  
    Even the Braves have lost their energy.  Like they expected to coast and now Houston has mounted an amazing comeback and.they just hit a wall.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Reviewing a new network buildout. Large building. Has 331 miles of network cable pulled throughout the structure 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Botch said:
    Spent a couple hours at a local pond, high-contrast lighting but I fiddled with this shot in Affinity, once I made it monochrome it looked suitably Halloweenish:

No idea what it is; had a vulture's face but swam/preened like a duck.  

@Botch, not sure if anyone responded to this but that's a Muscovy duck. Definitely Halloweenish.
    LBGE
    AL
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    drying peppers. the scorpions and atomics are taking too long, maybe blanche first next time. maybe get directions next time.  lost most to frost this year, should have picked them last weekend

cayenne and birdseye/thai are finished

I've not grown scorpions before this year. I smoked and dried a batch together with some scotch bonnets and they took a lot longer to dry out. No fancy dehydrator for me though, just the XL and oven.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Gearing up for the Manning brothers ESPN2 show for Monday Night Football.  Game doesn't matter, those guys are great entertainment.  Guests tonight- Jon Stewart, Michael Strahan, Josh Allen and a fourth I have not found.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    Gearing up for the Manning brothers ESPN2 show for Monday Night Football.  Game doesn't matter, those guys are great entertainment.  Guests tonight- Jon Stewart, Michael Strahan, Josh Allen and a fourth I have not found.

Looking forward to deciphering your recap of the show 😁
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Botch said:
    Spent a couple hours at a local pond, high-contrast lighting but I fiddled with this shot in Affinity, once I made it monochrome it looked suitably Halloweenish:

No idea what it is; had a vulture's face but swam/preened like a duck.  

@Botch, not sure if anyone responded to this but that's a Muscovy duck. Definitely Halloweenish.
    He’s just plum ugly.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    Eoin said:
    drying peppers. the scorpions and atomics are taking too long, maybe blanche first next time. maybe get directions next time.  lost most to frost this year, should have picked them last weekend

I've not grown scorpions before this year. I smoked and dried a batch together with some scotch bonnets and they took a lot longer to dry out. No fancy dehydrator for me though, just the XL and oven.

the scorpions are still in there after about 30 hours. bought the dehydrator ten years ago for dog treats, been sitting in the attic since. the whole house smells of hot peppers which isnt a bad thing
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Eoin said:

the scorpions are still in there after about 30 hours. bought the dehydrator ten years ago for dog treats, been sitting in the attic since. the whole house smells of hot peppers which isnt a bad thing
    When I had them finishing in the oven, the smell was really strong.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited November 2021
    Without getting off on to much of a rant, what kind of sick bastard does this? What is the world coming to 🤷🏼‍♂️

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    SGH said:
    Without getting off on to much of a rant, what kind of sick bastard does this? What is the world coming to 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Clearly an F’n idiot.