Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Nice cook @JohnInCarolina.  Good ring given the speed of the cook.
    Gotta admit that I had not cooked pork ribs in quite a while but the St Louis spares I did earlier this week got me back into them.  I like that the spares have more fat for flavour than the BB's i can find but to each their own.  
    I used to be more into spares, but these days I prefer baby backs.  But a lot rests in the quality of the raw materials, for sure.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Just completed what I hope was my
    last mow of the year. Now to prep for Spring.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    ^^surprised that would be your last mow being in TX. I live in central IL and I have at least one more mow if not two. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    ^^surprised that would be your last mow being in TX. I live in central IL and I have at least one more mow if not two. 
    Growth had already slowed to a crawl. Haven't cut it in 2 weeks and it had only grown 1/2" Starting this week it's going to get down into the low 40s. That's why I said "hope" I may end up having to do one more but doubtful I will past Mid-November. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• BigreenGreg
    Options
    Just completed what I hope was my
    last mow of the year. Now to prep for Spring.

Looks like a damn good place to park a bass boat. Congrats.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Watching college football at the hub on 30a. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Just about done - these cooked fast:

Yeah, they seem to cook 45+ minutes quicker on the KBQ. Ribs looks awesome!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina that stuff is great on everything. 
    Really nice ribs
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Carving pumpkins with the youngest daughter:

Enjoy it brother. One day you will miss it.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    Options
    Carving pumpkins with the youngest daughter:

Looks like a Buffalo to me.
    Nice work! Enjoy the time with the kids when you can. 
    They grow up so fast!
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Ribs look killer @JohnInCarolina
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    About ready to crack open a vintage Moscato.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Woke up today with a bunch of electrodes taped all over my chest.  What a night.
    Woke up today with a bunch of electrodes taped all over my chest.  What a night.
    Sorry to hear. Everything okay?!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Food poisoning.  BP dropped, started passing out, took three falls trying to make it to the bathroom, woke up on the floor confused.  SWMBO called EMS.

I'm fine now.  They did an EKG in the ambulance, I sent them off.
    Options
    Here was my progress today.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Food poisoning.  BP dropped, started passing out, took three falls trying to make it to the bathroom, woke up on the floor confused.  SWMBO called EMS.

Awful. Sounds like a pretty serious case. Where do you figure you got it?
  • nolaegghead
    Options

After consultation with our resident butt doctor and describing my past diet and symptoms, the consensus is most likely Listeriosis from deli turkey meat I ate a ton of earlier in the day.

edited October 2021
    Options
    Correction: not invasive but Listeria in the gut.  If I had invasive Listeriosis, outside the gut, I'd be in the hospital right now if I were lucky.
    Options

After consultation with our resident butt doctor and describing my past diet and symptoms, the consensus is most likely Listeriosis from deli turkey meat I ate a ton of earlier in the day.

Deli meat is relying on other peoples' food hygene.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options

Pisses me off how some delis don’t put the use by date on the bag….you’ve got 5-7 days max…but how long has that turkey been open in the case before you ordered some?
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options

Wow!! Hope you on the mend Carey.Take care
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Lots of cooking today. One of Anne's friends and her husband are both bad with Covid (both double vaccinated), so doing a batch for them and us. Starting with aubergine for brinjal bhaji and peppers / chilli / garlic / onion for a salsa. Also on with some jerk chicken for the meat eaters, dal and a vegan saag paneer (tofu chunks in place of paneer).

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Glad you are ok friend, I never like deli turkey and you just gave me another reason to be suspect.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Here was my progress today.

Wherever you are dumping, if possible back up to something solid, old stump or tree anything. If you can lay a flat strap hamburger style at the front of the trailer, then when its loaded loop it around the mess, tie off to another, back to the aforementioned solid object, tie off and drag that heap of **** off your trailer. then hook the strap to your trailer and pull it out of the mess.
     Alternatively loop a chain or big strap around the meat of a pallet and put it down first.  But honestly with your money this would have been a perfect opportunity to pick a Hercules single axle dump trailer.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    @nolaegghead - Wow.  What a ride/scare.  That's the hardest hit food poisoning case I have heard of and don't need any one trying to break that,
    Glad you were able to sort it out but what an ordeal.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.