Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    SGH said:
    Without getting off on to much of a rant, what kind of sick bastard does this? What is the world coming to 🤷🏼‍♂️

@SGH I honestly didn't think to check our kid's candy, luckily he hasn't figured out where we hid his basket of candy yet . Just one more thing to worry about, that is ridiculous.
    LBGE
    AL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SGH said:
    Without getting off on to much of a rant, what kind of sick bastard does this? What is the world coming to 🤷🏼‍♂️

@SGH I honestly didn't think to check our kid's candy, luckily he hasn't figured out where we hid his basket of candy yet . Just one more thing to worry about, that is ridiculous.
    It’s absolutely unbelievable. It’s one of those things I just don’t get. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,137
    Options
    SGH said:
    Did you hear about the guy who setup a "full size candy bar honey pot", then pelted the kids who went for the candy bars with hard candy!  No kids made it to the honey pot, but lots of kids with bruises from jaw breakers and jolly ranchers?  Was in the Carolina's somewhere.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    Did you hear about the guy who setup a "full size candy bar honey pot", then pelted the kids who went for the candy bars with hard candy!  No kids made it to the honey pot, but lots of kids with bruises from jaw breakers and jolly ranchers?  Was in the Carolina's somewhere.
    No sir. I didn’t see that one. But why am I not surprised 🤦‍♂️

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Just got home from an 8 hour round trip to Phoenix to pickup my truck that has been at a dealership down there for the last 2 months getting the transmission replaced. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    Yeah that was me.  I thought it would be funny but after the fifth kid got sent to the ER I started to have questions…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,412
    edited November 2021
    Options
    What sick phques.  If you want to F with people then at least "pick on someone your own age" or in my case much older.  
    BTW @JohnInCarolina was a crew jock.  I doubt he could have thrown a candy the length of a shell.   =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,321
    edited November 2021
    Options
    The article about the candy tampering in Ohio concludes with a reference to a University of Delaware led study of cases of reported candy tampering across North America and concludes “the vast majority are hoaxes.” In all likelihood, the same is true in this case. 

It further states that the professor leading the research said “the bottom line was I couldn’t find any evidence that any child had been killed or injured by a contaminated treat picked up trick-or-treating.” Similarly, no one was injured in this case. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Congrats to the Braves and their many fans here!  All three of you…
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,412
    Options
    Anybody but the Astros!   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    Just finishing up day 3 of my surprise FDA inspection. Inspector, with a coach and a supervisor. Can’t win….
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Who are the other 2 Braves fans here? Surely we can round up more than 2! 
    Snellville, GA

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Just finishing up day 3 of my surprise FDA inspection. Inspector, with a coach and a supervisor. Can’t win….

Fahk.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Fahk.
    Yeah, might end tomorrow afternoon. Maybe Friday. I’ve done literally nothing productive since they arrived Monday morning 
  • SGH
    Options
    Make that four. I was pulling for the Braves. With that said, I honestly didn’t think they had much of a chance. They proved me wrong big time. They whipped the Astro’s like they were red headed taint ticklers. 

Status- Standing by.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    Make that four. I was pulling for the Braves. With that said, I honestly didn’t think they had much of a chance. They proved me wrong big time. They whipped the Astro’s like they were red headed taint ticklers. 
    I was pulling for the Braves too, brother.  I have  a couple of good friends who are big baseball fans and Atlanta is their team.  They’ve had a lot of near misses over the past 20 years.  Just nice to see a different team win one of these.  
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,540
    Options
    Just noticed an 'entertaining' thread has sunken, it's at/near top of page 2.
    canuckland
  • lightningque
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Fahk.
    Yeah, might end tomorrow afternoon. Maybe Friday. I’ve done literally nothing productive since they arrived Monday morning 

meanwhile the roach coach down the street is selling tacos tax free with no business license or insurance etc.  SMH
    1 large in challenger cart and 1 mini-max , too many dang accessories  

Baton Rouge LA 

• ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Fahk.

meanwhile the roach coach down the street is selling tacos tax free with no business license or insurance etc.  SMH
    This times 1000. Giving us the third degree because of how much volume we sell out of state. They can’t fathom strictly wholesale, zero retail. It’s all CYA stuff though. Allergen statements, etc
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options
    Friend of mine asked if I wanted a broken TV.  Said Ida blew the main board.  He's replaced it before.  2017 LG 75 that he paid 3K for.  I checked the voltages on the power supply board.  Everything looks good (don't want a bad power supply to fry a new main board).  Found a replacement board for $100, including 2nd day shipping.  I'm going to invest $100 on a battery backup/surge protector since this TV has fried two boards in the past 4 years.  That would make it a $200 TV, perfect for a shop upgrade.  Or, I'll be in the hole for $100.  Worth the risk, IMO.
    Options
      Or, I'll be in the hole for $100. 
    I could make thousands of jokes out of the above. But I’m trying to do better so I will quietly pass. 

Status- Standing by.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    SGH said:
      Or, I'll be in the hole for $100. 
    I could make thousands of jokes out of the above. But I’m trying to do better so I will quietly pass. 
    I don’t think you could get to 100 jokes on this.  I doubt even 20.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options

Not much inside those things anymore (and yeah I know there’s a LOT more)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Just got a message and an email, my new 16" Macbook should be delivered tomorrow!  :triumph:
    After I placed the order several weeks ago, I started thinking maybe I should've waited until they were available locally.  Found a recent article on Apple's supply chain, which said anything ordered from Apple's website goes directly to China, and is then shipped back directly to the customer (no intermediate warehousing) but seeing all those freight barges backed up outside LA harbor, I was afraid I wouldn't see it until 2022.  But they came through, and I'm happy.   :) 

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:
    Just got a message and an email, my new 16" Macbook should be delivered tomorrow!  :triumph:
    After I placed the order several weeks ago, I started thinking maybe I should've waited until they were available locally.  Found a recent article on Apple's supply chain, which said anything ordered from Apple's website goes directly to China, and is then shipped back directly to the customer (no intermediate warehousing) but seeing all those freight barges backed up outside LA harbor, I was afraid I wouldn't see it until 2022.  But they came through, and I'm happy.   :) 
    They use airplanes for that high dollar stuff.