Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Ms. Bucky left for a couple nights (grand baby sitting) and left me to my own devices.   This could be a interesting night.

Edibles?
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I just prefer to make mine with the fewest additives possible for a healthier snack.   B)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Ms. Bucky left for a couple nights (grand baby sitting) and left me to my own devices.   This could be a interesting night.

iPhone 13?  Or Australian syrup?   =)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    I just prefer to make mine with the fewest additives possible for a healthier snack.   B)
    Don’t forget to post the recipe.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Skirt and brussels on the fire pit
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    wow just wow. so many amazing cooks

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    @FarmingPhD - you win the day. Lookin like very high prime or wagyu right there and the closer, caveman for the win.
    Great finish.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • FarmingPhD
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @FarmingPhD - you win the day. Lookin like very high prime or wagyu right there and the closer, caveman for the win.
    Great finish.  Congrats.  
    Thanks, last of the prime grade short loin I got in December last year.  I fully posted that caveman pic knowing you would appreciate it.  I pulled the steaks and place setter after hitting 115, closed the lower vent, grabbed my dewalt leaf blower and brought the lump to inferno in maybe 45 seconds with the lowest airflow it would put out.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Acn said:

Few recents, flank steak, pasta sauce, taco night (soft was the winner), 3 cup chicken
    What’s 3 cup chicken? It looks good!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Thanks @Acn! I think that would be a hit over here. And, I'm always down for a recipe that calls for 12 cloves of garlic.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    caliking said:
    Thanks @Acn! I think that would be a hit over here. And, I'm always down for a recipe that calls for 12 cloves of garlic.
    And we know that you will probably double that when you make it @caliking - not that there's anything wrong with that.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    caliking said:
    You're welcome!  Especially when the 12 cloves only need to be halved, not minced.   =)

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    caliking said:
    And we know that you will probably double that when you make it @caliking - not that there's anything wrong with that.
    You don't need to do complex math like that.   Just use heads of garlic instead of cloves.  Keep number the same! This ensures you have added plenty of garlic. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lousubcap: Throw a caveman into the mix and I might just have to fall off my chair. Beautiful cook. 
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,516
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Q'd but not cheffed or on a BGE: (Stick burner)
    St Louis trimmed ribs-
    And the $$ shot:

I had not done any pork ribs in too long.  St Louis trimmed were a great banquet.
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Looks incredible. Amazing smoke penetration. You didn't wrap those at all? How long, what temp?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    @Mark_B_Good The cook was done on a Lang 36.  I didn't wrap (never do, too lazy...).  The rub was Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust with a touch of habanero death dust mixed in.  The cook ran around 4 1/2 hours with the chamber temp around 250-260*F.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Mark_B_Good The cook was done on a Lang 36.  I didn't wrap (never do, too lazy...).  The rub was Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust with a touch of habanero death dust mixed in.  The cook ran around 4 1/2 hours with the chamber temp around 250-260*F.  
    They have a dizzy dust hot out now I haven’t had opportunity to sample. Curious if anyone else has. Might add that extra kiss of heat many of us add as an extra to our base rubs. Nice work Frank. 
  • REB17
    REB17 Posts: 152
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    They have a dizzy dust hot out now I haven’t had opportunity to sample. Curious if anyone else has. Might add that extra kiss of heat many of us add as an extra to our base rubs. Nice work Frank. 
    I use it often and has a nice kick. 
    LGBE-1999, MBGE-2003, SBGE-2007

Midlothian, VA