Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp VI, Oct 23rd 2021 in New Orleans

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @lkapigian - Austin...Guessing you are there to chase brisket before the true reveal at the Camp.  You will not be disappointed wherever you land.  Of course I could be totally missing the mark.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    lousubcap said:
    @lkapigian - Austin...Guessing you are there to chase brisket before the true reveal at the Camp.  You will not be disappointed wherever you land.  Of course I could be totally missing the mark.  
    Just a layover, though there is a salt lick here, probably the only food joint open in the airport
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    Well- as anticipated- totally missed the mark.  So, in an attempt to salvage this, given you may have some time to experience New Orleans, check out Drago's Oyster restaurant (one in city proper in the Hilton on Poydras St around 6 miles from @nolaegghead's shop and the other in Metairie).  The chargrilled oysters are incredible.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lousubcap said:
    Well- as anticipated- totally missed the mark.  So, in an attempt to salvage this, given you may have some time to experience New Orleans, check out Drago's Oyster restaurant (one in city proper in the Hilton on Poydras St around 6 miles from @nolaegghead's shop and the other in Metairie).  The chargrilled oysters are incredible.  
    Thanks @lousubcap ,we want to try a few places and that is one, I’ll be about 4 miles from @nolaegghead shop on Martin Luther King Blvd , hope to get situated by midnight , land in NO around 11
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Storm broke 4 out of 5 hinges on one of my back doors.  Since we'll be using that to get in the smoker area, a buddy and I welded them back and ran an all-thread rod though the cinderblock.  This storm set me wayyy back.  Shop won't be as cool as I had hoped but it will be fully functional (pending sluggish drain on toilet repair).   The other restroom works fine but I'll just put a few buckets around if there are any other problems. :o=)

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    I’m sure the shop is great @nolaegghead but let’s be honest I think you sir are the main attraction. 

You're wrong.  The sluggish drain is definitely the main attraction.
    NOLA
  • buzd504
    lkapigian said:
    lousubcap said:
    Thanks @lousubcap ,we want to try a few places and that is one, I’ll be about 4 miles from @nolaegghead shop on Martin Luther King Blvd , hope to get situated by midnight , land in NO around 11

If you are where I think you are, you will be staying right next to Zony Mash Brewery, which is awesome.  LMK if you have time to grab a beer there - it's not far from me.
    NOLA
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Storm broke 4 out of 5 hinges on one of my back doors.  Since we'll be using that to get in the smoker area, a buddy and I welded them back and ran an all-thread rod though the cinderblock.  This storm set me wayyy back.  Shop won't be as cool as I had hoped but it will be fully functional (pending sluggish drain on toilet repair).   The other restroom works fine but I'll just put a few buckets around if there are any other problems. :o=)
    The toilet in Nola's shop Sunday morning:

It’s New Orleans, just go outside and piss. 
  • lkapigian
    buzd504 said:
    lkapigian said:
    lousubcap said:

If you are where I think you are, you will be staying right next to Zony Mash Brewery, which is awesome.  LMK if you have time to grab a beer there - it's not far from me.
    Right down the street about a mile, we are on Barone and Martin Luther , just clearing the cobwebs from a day of travel ..
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColbyLang
    Halfway is Alexandria-ish??
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    @ColbyLang yep. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Cleared out some space
    Looks like things are warming  up. Had a flight for $95....decided to stay home for personal reasons...Hope my brothers in BBQ have a great weekend! Look forward to a ass load of pics! 
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• lkapigian
    Cleared out some space
    I can concur, place is legit , checked in earlier, good times await 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    @nolaegghead- has poured many, many hours into his shop for this event.  
    I only have one prior data point back in April and it was good then but on the relative scale, great now.  Looks like the weather gods (or your preference...)  are gonna be in sync with a great time.  
    Now the closer, Linda for the win!
    Enjoy the debauchery.  
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    The toilet in Nola's shop Sunday morning Saturday afternoon:

FTFY

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • ColbyLang
    What time is the human sacrifice/opening ceremony?
  • ColbyLang said:
    What time is the human sacrifice/opening ceremony?
    We only sacrifice animals at these things.  We’re not savages!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • I’m in my favorite place in the world, the Atlanta airport.  I finally have a layover long enough to get some Popeye’s and GOD DAMNIT IT DOESNT OPEN UNTIL 8AM ARGGGHHHH
  • ColbyLang
    I’m in my favorite place in the world, the Atlanta airport.  I finally have a layover long enough to get some Popeye’s and GOD DAMNIT IT DOESNT OPEN UNTIL 8AM ARGGGHHHH
    Popeyes + a commercial flight = colonic implosion…don’t gamble on those farts..eat it when you’re in NOLA.
  • buzd504
    ColbyLang said:
    I’m in my favorite place in the world, the Atlanta airport.  I finally have a layover long enough to get some Popeye’s and GOD DAMNIT IT DOESNT OPEN UNTIL 8AM ARGGGHHHH
    Popeyes + a commercial flight = colonic implosion…don’t gamble on those farts..eat it when you’re in NOLA.

In the Atlanta airport, it's just chik-fil-a with a little paprika anyway.
    NOLA
  • buzd504 said:
    ColbyLang said:

In the Atlanta airport, it's just chik-fil-a with a little paprika anyway.
    Hey if it was good enough for Bourdain, it’s good enough for me!
  • ColbyLang
    edited October 2021
    Bourdain hit the last standing Popeyes buffet in the world…..here in Lafayette. 
  • ColbyLang

That there’s a 32” sammich…..where’d y’all get it? Domalise’s?
  • buzd504
    Based on what's on the table, I don't think it's Domilese's.  I would guess somewhere on the West Bank.
    NOLA