Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Brisket Camp VI, Oct 23rd 2021 in New Orleans

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 38,550
    Clerks II - Donkey Dance GIF by MikeyMo  GfycatTop 30 Clerks Ii GIFs  Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 6,814
    Kelly can be a guy's name too.   Heyyyyyyy!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• texaswigtexaswig Posts: 2,574
    wont be long now .I've got a few ideas but still wondering what exactly I want to cook.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • texaswig said:
    wont be long now .I've got a few ideas but still wondering what exactly I want to cook.
    Something with meat!
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919
    texaswig said:
    You are the zen-master of gour-fkn-met burgers and mexican carnitas-like stuff.  Mexican street burger tacos?  I always encourage everyone to do whatever they feel like and is fun.  This is where one's special nija cooking skills come out. 

• Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 12,229
    edited September 23
    One can cook whatever they want at Brisket Camp?  I think I would like to mould a statue of Zeus out of a course grind combo of  Impossible Burger and Beyond Burger.  Then smoke him in one of Scottie's big units.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • @JohnInCarolina: Collect any more flags and you’ll be in competition with the headquarters of the UN.
  • @JohnInCarolina: Collect any more flags and you’ll be in competition with the headquarters of the UN.
    Shhh!!!  The Kamado Joe company has told me that once I reach 3k troll flags on the Egghead Forum, they will send me a free Big Joe II!     
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

Living large in the 919
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 12,229
    @JohnInCarolina: Collect any more flags and you’ll be in competition with the headquarters of the UN.
    Shhh!!!  The Kamado Joe company has told me that once I reach 3k troll flags on the Egghead Forum, they will send me a free Big Joe II!     
    I do not think Flags mean what your fan club thinks they mean.  There is 2 or 3 who flag every single post.  You could cure childhood lukemia and they would still Flag your post.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 11,855
    Are y’all going to be able to afford brisket this year?
    I do not have any broken or spare parts for any size egg.
  • Legume said:
    Are y’all going to be able to afford brisket this year?
    We do give away the food at brisket camp.  So for those who can make it, they generally eat for free.

Of course you have to be able to get to Brisket Camp to partake.  If you can't afford to buy brisket the plane tickets might be something of a stretch...

Living large in the 919
  • LitLit Posts: 9,053
    @JohnInCarolina: Collect any more flags and you’ll be in competition with the headquarters of the UN.
    I do not think Flags mean what your fan club thinks they mean.  There is 2 or 3 who flag every single post.  You could cure childhood lukemia and they would still Flag your post.
    It would just be a meme about curing leukemia. And im pretty sure they are logging in with their troll accounts and flagging themselves. Its way too consistent.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 24,664
    Great brak and ring on that brisket.  Must have started early to be finished now.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
    @lousubcap thanks buddy. The pics didn't do it justice. this is the rub I used.https://www.fireandsmokesociety.com/spice-rubs/thundering-longhorn 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • CTMikeCTMike Posts: 2,724
    texaswig said:
    @lousubcap thanks buddy. The pics didn't do it justice. this is the rub I used.https://www.fireandsmokesociety.com/spice-rubs/thundering-longhorn 
    Buddy is only half a word where @lousubcap and I come from. 

Nice looking brisket. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
    @CTMike For me and the rest of us that weren't in the military. It's another way to say friend. But Im sure you knew that. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Where I come from “Bud” was generally condescending, for example, “way to go bud”.  here in Ohio “bud” is a term of endearment.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

•  here in Ohio “bud” is a term of endearment.
    Is that because everyone drinks it?

I’ll see myself out….

Living large in the 919
  • Good one bud! 
    @nolaegghead did you get the command center reenergized yet? Can you print a please fix me label and put it on the panel outside? 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • IkeIke Posts: 188
    texaswig said:
    always heard that a buddy is a a guy that goes downtown and gets 2 BJ's and comes home and gives you one of them  
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
    @Ike haha never heard that one. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 3,553
    Good one bud! 
    @nolaegghead did you get the command center reenergized yet? Can you print a please fix me label and put it on the panel outside? 

We are all energized locally.  Debris pick up is an entirely different issue.
    NOLA
    Not energized yet.  Very close.

I've been energizing the shop via gasoline generator.  I never realized how much power I used there until I started running the whole thing on a generator.i run a steady 40 amps when all the lights are on and other constant state load like fans.  That doesn't include either AC or any high draw appliances like air compressors, saws, welders etc

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 8,341
    Where im from, we smoked bud
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon FatStack 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • dmchicagodmchicago Posts: 3,163
    lkapigian said:
    What’s with the past tense, bud?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE.

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
    dmchicago said:
    lkapigian said:
    What’s with the past tense, bud?
    Lol
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon FatStack 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 21,618
    Covid cases in New Orleans have come back down to Earth following their Delta peak back in August.  I'm glad I didn't follow Lithead's advice and cancel my flights...

Living large in the 919
    Be there in 16 Days!
    Visalia, Ca