Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recommend two sauces

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669

Can’t say anything other than try them. OUTSTANDING. Picked up 3 more to take back to Texas. 
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    That hot honey on pizza is fantastic!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Mickey
    edited October 2021
    @caliking you have to get this Japanese BBQ Sauce. Bought the gluten-free for Linda and went back for the loaded for me.
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker you will love this Japanese BBQ sauce.
    It’s like soy sauce to the 100th level. 
    @nolaegghead  and all the cooks this stuff is great. No i have no money in the product. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Traeger Apricot is magic on chicken and anything else for that matter. Rub Some Butt mustard sauce. Just give me a straw. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Mikes has an extra hot version as well.  It’s good, but we bought it without realizing the first time and used a tad too much.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Mickey said:
    @caliking you have to get this Japanese BBQ Sauce. Bought the gluten-free for Linda and went back for the loaded for me.
    @nolaegghead  and all the cooks this stuff is great. No i have no money in the product. 
    I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Haven't seen it in these parts. 

Try some of that hot honey on waffles, and thank me later. Its farkin' good. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • ColtsFan said:
    That hot honey on pizza is fantastic!
    Yep, came here to say that.  A favorite here is nduja, blue cheese, and hot honey.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    What is ndjua?
    NOLA
  • buzd504 said:
    What is ndjua?

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Just where were these sauces found? Just in case I happen to be in the area?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    I may need to move out of my no sauce when cooking comfort zone (other than for the last 5 minutes of wings).  I do use a baste at times but that is quite limited.  I let the consumer decide their preference.  
    Remember, I have a lawn.   =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mickey
    All Fresh Markets have both. Austin and Destin, Panama City so guessing all had them. 

• I use both of those regularly.  Just used the Japanese bbq sauce on chicken legs I grilled last night,  Excellent!
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Mickey said:
    All Fresh Markets have both. Austin and Destin, Panama City so guessing all had them. 
    Thanks, I‘look search a few markets on the way home. That hot honey looks like money. If it is just pepper infused honey I have both at home.
  • World Market carries the Japanese BBQ Sauce
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • BSR
    BSR Posts: 165
    I ordered the Japanese BBQ.

Here's one of the few I'm pretty happy with right out of the bottle when I'm in a rush: 

https://bourbonbarrelfoods.com/product/hot-spicy-kentuckyaki/

Pick any one of Pappy's for my second, I like the hot ones...

https://www.hotsauce.com/pappys-xxx-white-lightnin-bbq-sauce/
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I pulled the trigger on the sauce, since @Mickey ‘s sauce recs have been pretty good in the past. 

Was pleasantly surprised to see that it wasn’t goopy/thick like a lot of store sauces. And the ingredients look good, without thickeners, or preservatives, that can throw the taste off. 

Plan is to use this the next time we do yakitori night. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    caliking said:
    I pulled the trigger on the sauce, since @Mickey ‘s sauce recs have been pretty good in the past. 

Was pleasantly surprised to see that it wasn’t goopy/thick like a lot of store sauces. And the ingredients look good, without thickeners, or preservatives, that can throw the taste off. 

Plan is to use this the next time we do yakitori night. 
    Hell, i have started putting it on salad. 

• Mickey
    Tonight in Florida. Heading West Friday. 

Damn sideways pictures. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Mickey said:
    Damn sideways pictures. 
    Heh, try looking at them on an iPad; I turn my tablet around and the pic flips another 90˚!  Argh.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Mickey said:

Can’t say anything other than try them. OUTSTANDING. Picked up 3 more to take back to Texas.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Botch said:
    Mickey said:
    Damn sideways pictures. 
    Heh, try looking at them on an iPad; I turn my tablet around and the pic flips another 90˚!  Argh.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I spotted that Japanese Barbeque at hew new Ace Hardware that just opened up in Rowlett. Guess I'll have to stop and get some today since I was already planning on hitting the Spec's which is right next door to load up on the brown water. 

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Mickey said:

That sounds awesome.
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 900
    Botch said:
    Mickey said:
    Damn sideways pictures. 
    Open the control panel and tap the Rotation Lock icon.
    Looks like this:

Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    I have these in my Amazon shopping cart. Waiting until tomorrow to see if I am going to add anything else before hitting the button.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Okay my order came in. Two questions: first has anyone used the hot honey as a glaze for pork tenderloin, and second does it need to be refrigerated after opening. I don't usually refrigerate honey but this has other additives in it.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Okay my order came in. Two questions: first has anyone used the hot honey as a glaze for pork tenderloin, and second does it need to be refrigerated after opening. I don't usually refrigerate honey but this has other additives in it.
    I’ve never refrigerated.

I have cut with a little vinegar and used to glaze wings, I’m sure pork would be good as well.
  • Okay my order came in. Two questions: first has anyone used the hot honey as a glaze for pork tenderloin, and second does it need to be refrigerated after opening. I don't usually refrigerate honey but this has other additives in it.

Never tried it as a glaze.   I think it would be delicious.  I just wouldn't cook it direct with that, as the honey will mostly burn.  

I don't refrigerate it.  Room temperature honey flows a lot more easily than cold honey would.  
  • Gulfcoastguy
    I was planning on only adding the honey at the end, raised direct or indirect. It reminds me of a honey glaze that I used with Morocco style turkey legs. It is a 3 stage process, brine, spice rub, cook with glaze in the last few minutes. A bit elaborate for an everyday cook.
    The Japanese barbecue sauce I was thinking of more as a marinade and still cooking indirect or maybe raised direct.