Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,383
    Options
    @Coastal_OReggON -  welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.
    Great intro post and cook right there.  Keep 'em coming.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Coastal_OReggON
    Options
    @lousubcap - Thank you Frank!
    Curry County, OR
    LBGE
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Some bison stuffed peppers with white american cheese on top. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Last night.. SWMBO cooked up some crawfish pasta (heavy cream, cream cheese based sauce.  We killed it (friend stopped by and helped).
    They serve a cr@ppy version of this at work. I'm sending them a link to this thread, so they can see how tis supposed to be done.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Jerk chicken for the win.  What did you use to elevate it to that flavor profile?  Too many options for the how did you ....it thus the prior,   =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Cap that is a good question. Last go round I had it dialed in but this was slightly better. On some attempts I’ve been adding orange juice but I didn’t this time (thicker marinade without), so maybe that’s it? It also marinated for almost 24 hours instead of my normal 8-10 hours. Mixed the following two recipes. Which I believe @JohnInCarolina posted the second. 

LBGE
    AL
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Pulled some leftover brisket out of the freezer and made some brisket tacos.  Creole black beans.  They did not suck.

@nolaegghead
    Great looking plate there.  Have a recipe for the beans you'd share?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    In the spirit of cranking out slow-food fast, sometimes I cut corners and given I'm like a soccer mom burning the candle on both sides and SWMBO working a Tue-Fri noon-10PM job, in this case I used a hybrid approach that literally took the time to quickly chop and saute onion, cilantro and garlic and throw in a can of Blue Runner Creole Cream Style Black Beans. 

Not sure you can get them in your neck of the woods, but they are available on Amazon.  All their bean products are beyond excellent.   For a South American application I'll throw in some chili pepper and cumin.

Hard and long journey to make anything better from scratch and since the end product is more important than the journey, especially for a side, I consider this efficient.

Also, diced pickled jar jalapenos for the win.

• lousubcap
    Options
    @elpescadorzih - sweet looking picanha right there.  Nice rig as well.  
    Money shot for the win.  Enjoy.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Thank you.  That recipe has a lot going for it for sure.
    A local independent grocer is cooperative with trying to bring in special request items.  I'll see where a request for these go.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    Options
    ^^^^ way to bring it home!