Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• AcnAcn Posts: 3,782

DP pork chop night.  Mole for me, raging river for SWMBO Jr.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• MasterCMasterC Posts: 633
    Last nights dinner.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • More brats and peppers, onions, just on the CI and not the BGE:

Beautiful colours on that shot. 

I am new to the barbecue lingo. Is this what they call a “sausage partay?”
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 15,855
    A BLT is probably my favorite sammich. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 28,297
    Needed to cook up some bacon...made a BLT.  No fresh tomatoes so I used what I had, sun dried.

sub out the lettuce and pile turkey high and im on that
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Needed to cook up some bacon...made a BLT.  No fresh tomatoes so I used what I had, sun dried.
    I used to always do bacon in a pan until my wife showed me the way. Now, it’s almost exclusively microwaved with much, much better results for my tastes. Evenly crisp with no charring. About 90 seconds a slice, give or take. The only downside is that an appliance repairman once told me it was very bad for my microwave. 
  • Needed to cook up some bacon...made a BLT.  No fresh tomatoes so I used what I had, sun dried.
    I used to always do bacon in a pan until my wife showed me the way. Now, it’s almost exclusively microwaved with much, much better results for my tastes. Evenly crisp with no charring. About 90 seconds a slice, give or take. The only downside is that an appliance repairman once told me it was very bad for my microwave. 

@GrateEggspectations try the oven next time.  You won't regret it.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 38,505
    I use the oven most of the time.  In this case I had about 6 pounds of bacon and I had the stove and oven going to speed it up.

Microwave bacon:  We have a special bacon pan for the microwave.  I should use it more often, just that the throughput of microwave bacon cooking is low and it can make a mess.

Studies show microwaving bacon is one of the safer cooking methods insofar as generation of nitrosamines in bacon are lower and nitrosamines are a leading cause of GI tract cancer.

• I use the oven most of the time.  In this case I had about 6 pounds of bacon and I had the stove and oven going to speed it up.

Microwave bacon:  We have a special bacon pan for the microwave.  I should use it more often, just that the throughput of microwave bacon cooking is low and it can make a mess.

Studies show microwaving bacon is one of the safer cooking methods insofar as generation of nitrosamines in bacon are lower and nitrosamines are a leading cause of GI tract cancer.
    Synchronicity. I also had the nitrosardines top of mind in suggesting the microwave. 

We have a cover for the microwave that is always employed with great success when cooking anything that splatters. 
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 38,505
    We have a magnetic cover for our microwave that mostly lives in the microwave (sticks on the inside top).  Unfortunately it's round and great for small things, but the microwave bacon cooker is a large rectangle.  We cover with paper towel.  Still hard to keep all grease from getting out.

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 24,631
    The cheffing is on tonight! Great cooks above and especially for mid-week.  
    Congrats to @MasterC, @BigGreenKev and @Acn.  Congrats. Banquets across the board.  
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
    MasterC said:
    Chicken 
    Oh hell yes. 

I can't look away from the perfect, circular, gravy-filled crater in the taters...

• TideEggHeadTideEggHead Posts: 1,149
    Anyone got a seafood au gratin recipe they wouldn't mind sharing??

SWMBO has had a rough week at work so I was thinking about making her some seafood au gratin (probably shrimp and crab) this weekend. I've made it before but I feel it can be better.

I've searched around a bit on the interwebs and haven't found a recipe that jumps out at me.

LBGE
    SC AL
    Anyone got a seafood au gratin recipe they wouldn't mind sharing??

SWMBO has had a rough week at work so I was thinking about making her some seafood au gratin (probably shrimp and crab) this weekend. I've made it before but I feel it can be better.

I've searched around a bit on the interwebs and haven't found a recipe that jumps out at me.

I'd consider posting this as a separate thread. You will likely get far more helpful input, as it will be more visible to folks. 

• ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 1,588
    Killing me @Wooderson. Pie looks great, wings look mouthwatering 
  • @Wooderson - details on the wings?  Those look incredible.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919