Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,349
    Chicken enchiladas for lunch.... finally the chicken is finished.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited September 2021
    Chili. Can't taste anything anyway, my wife and I, both fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine got breakthrough infections.  Turns out my son's kindergarten teacher was out with Covid the week before and the school, by policy, doesn't notify parents. A substitute just shows up the next day. Pretty safe bet that's how we got it. 

Symptoms are mild, but we've both lost our sense of smell and taste. Mild fatigue also. 

There's going to be a lot of spices in tonight's chili... 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    @SonVolt - sorry to read that.  Hopefully the sensory nerves come back in short order.  Likely no way to know if the teacher was vax'd.  
    I will stop now before I get on a roll.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,368
    SonVolt said:
    Chili. Can't taste anything anyway, my wife and I, both fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine got breakthrough infections.  Turns out my son's kindergarten teacher was out with Covid the week before and the school, by policy, doesn't notify parents. A substitute just shows up the next day. Pretty safe bet that's how we got it. 

Symptoms are mild, but we've both lost our sense of smell and taste. Mild fatigue also. 

There's going to be a lot of spices in tonight's chili... 
    had a kid pop positive first week of my son’s school year in first grade. Every parent in the class notified by email immediately….seems like their policy sucks
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    lousubcap said:
    @SonVolt - sorry to read that.  Hopefully the sensory nerves come back in short order.  Likely no way to know if the teacher was vax'd.  
    I will stop now before I get on a roll.  
    My daughter’s school has required all students, faculty, staff, and administrators over 16 to be fully vaxxed by 11/1.  If not, expulsion or termination of employment.  Also, if anyone over 12 wants to participate in winter athletics, also required to be jabbed.

Of course they have an 800+ acre campus to spread out, and other mitigation measures in place that had students in person part or full time since last October; and full time since this past April.  It’s high tuition, buts it’s been worth it these past couple years.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Made some burgers, dogs, and smores sandwiches.
  • dbCooper said:
    Basic rack of spares trimmed down to St. Louie's.  Nothing of note other than the most wicked membrane I've ever removed.  Bet it came off in no less then 15 pieces.  Hoping his other side is not in my freezer!
    Good hunk of flap for future use in baked beans.
    Glazed with Sweet Baby Ray's 'cause Angie loves that and she gets her way sometimes.  Nothing special plated, just some brussel sprouts, so no pic.

Great color on those!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,046

Nice!  That is living large in my neighborhood.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    @nolaegghead that looks killer. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • @MasterC Absolutely Stunning cook👏👏
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Chris took my boat out today, first time since before Ida.  Killer weather.  No fish all morning but he hung in there and scored in the afternoon. 

Fish and chips.
    Looks like a great day on the water! How did the croaker taste?? I’ve heard they are pretty good.
    LBGE
    AL
  • @Wooderson - details on the wings?  Those look incredible.
    @JohnInCarolina normal way you cook wings.   Sauce is a secret that swmbo wants to keep secret.   But it might have browned garlic cloves with olive oil.  And some sesame seeds thrown in after the heat is removed from the garlic,  with some red pepper flakes.  Then put into a bowl with some more stubbs bbq sauce and some more franks red hot.    The wings are tossed in that concoction when done.   By some i mean a tsp.  By some more i mean tbsp.
    So gooooood
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    Wooderson said:
    @JohnInCarolina normal way you cook wings.   Sauce is a secret that swmbo wants to keep secret.   But it might have browned garlic cloves with olive oil.  And some sesame seeds thrown in after the heat is removed from the garlic,  with some red pepper flakes.  Then put into a bowl with some more stubbs bbq sauce and some more franks red hot.    The wings are tossed in that concoction when done.   By some i mean a tsp.  By some more i mean tbsp.
    So gooooood
    I love how you keep secrets!
    But, in my last few jobs, I'da never hired you.   =)  

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,082
    What the hell is going on around here.....ya'll are acting like chefs and doctors. Hot damn the food being turned out! Keep it up! Enjoying every picture.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Chris took my boat out today, first time since before Ida.  Killer weather.  No fish all morning but he hung in there and scored in the afternoon. 

Fish and chips.
    Looks like a great day on the water! How did the croaker taste?? I’ve heard they are pretty good.
    I don't think I've ever eaten them.  My buddy saves the croaker and eels for his Vietnamese friend.   I heard the same.

• I don’t know what is going on here, but some very, very strong cooks.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,624
    these charsui ribs were terrible, im closing the take-out

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it