Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• ColtsFan said:
    Home opener today. People are already tailgating ~9 hours before kickoff. 

Get the jerseys spelled correctly this week?
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    ColtsFan said:
    Home opener today. People are already tailgating ~9 hours before kickoff. 

Get the jerseys spelled correctly this week?
    Right? Although if they played like last week maybe they should stick with the Indinia Soohiers because they play like sh!t
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Sigh.
    The only thing I don’t like about both college and pro football is that, if I have a dog in the fight (usually not), and I watch the game, my team loses.  Almost universally.  Then, this afternoon, two games I really wanted to see, Iowa vs ISU, and AF vs Navy, being played at the same time.  I decided to watch the cornfield game, as it was being played at Ames (an alma mater).  
    Sure enough, the Cyclones lost, and the AF won, but it at least sounds like I watched the more exciting game (despite ISU’s deplorable offense).  So, there’s this.

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Fixing extension cords (pile of them Macgyvered for power distribution after Ida).  Cleaning house. 

Insurance adjuster coming early in the morning. We always seem to just have to eat it with fine print, low ball estimates and deductables.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Just finished watching the Browns lose to the Chiefs after beating them all afternoon. Also watched Mr. Rogers get shellacked by my Saints and Mr Winston at the helm
  • Botch said:
    Sigh.
    The only thing I don’t like about both college and pro football is that, if I have a dog in the fight (usually not), and I watch the game, my team loses.  Almost universally.  Then, this afternoon, two games I really wanted to see, Iowa vs ISU, and AF vs Navy, being played at the same time.  I decided to watch the cornfield game, as it was being played at Ames (an alma mater).  
    Sure enough, the Cyclones lost, and the AF won, but it at least sounds like I watched the more exciting game (despite ISU’s deplorable offense).  So, there’s this.

I won’t tell any of my cyclone friends that it’s your fault.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    ^^^.  =)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• nolaegghead
    The Saints completely surprised us by dominating the f Packers 38-3.  We started off ranked 15th and the Packers 5th in the NFL power rankings.  I get Rogers wasn't completely committed due to off-field politics, but I will take that any day.
    We played old-school ball.  Jameus Winston tied a 1948 record with 5 TDs and 148(ish) yards through the air. 
    @nolaegghead - perhaps Sean Payton is a quarterback whisperer.  Winston played well above his predicted expectations.  Congrats on the blow-out win.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Looking at a picture of a molehill and realizing scale is totally relative.
    30 Free Molehills amp Mole Images

• Picking up boarding again at a ripe older age. It will help with balance. 

• Picking up boarding again at a ripe older age. It will help with balance. 
    Sweet ride. Love the colour combo. The fuel consumption can’t be beat. Take good care - I anticipate the falls get harder with age. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    While it started out too technical for most (likely the producer throttled it back) the ESPN 2 Peyton and Eli running commentary of Monday Night Football is quite entertaining.  Guests in the first half were Charles Barkley (like he's a football expert??!!) and later Ray Lewis (I have issues with him but having a defensive guru was a great balance to the offense oriented pace of the program.)  Peyton is clearly the driver and emcee of this first attempt but worth a look.  Eli is definitely reacting to the serves from Peyton and the producers but I have learned a fair amount about the behind the scenes insights offered in the run of the game.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    Vac marinating pork butt for char siu

canuckland
  • Bar
    Bar Posts: 166

Picking up boarding again at a ripe older age. It will help with balance. 
    That’s gonna be a long fall from that island.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Bar said:

Especially when wife sees photo of board on countertop!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • nolaegghead
    Photo Egg said:
    Bar said:

Especially when wife sees photo of board on countertop!
    Sherlock Holmes might deduce a post divorce or midlife crisis, but I'm thinking more of - why not, I have great health insurance.

Have lost power several times over the  last 6-7 hours. Fortunately it’s popped back on shorty afterwards.
    Heard at least half dozen transformers pop as well. With the last pop we lost or cable and internet. But happy to loose it and keep electricity and A/C. Knock on wood lucky so far.
    Some pretty good gusts of wind but nothing like New Orleans just experienced. 
    We should be reaching peak winds shortly and tapering off by sunrise.
    Take care to all who are getting it worse.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • nolaegghead
    edited September 2021
    Photo Egg said:
    Have lost power several times over the  last 6-7 hours. Fortunately it’s popped back on shorty afterwards.
    Heard at least half dozen transformers pop as well. With the last pop we lost or cable and internet. But happy to loose it and keep electricity and A/C. Knock on wood lucky so far.
    Take care Darian. 

Power got funky when Ida winds started ramping up to 60 mph or so....lots of flickering.  Then it started shutting off and on.  When it started browning out, I just killed the main breaker and ran off generator at that point onward. 

Spikes don't bother me, I have a primary main panel spike filter and protection on all the more valuable electronics.  The brownouts scare me.  That's where you lose compressors, fans, pumps....any motor running off direct AC can die.

In fact, I just discovered one of my chest freezers that I had thought was fine died.  The running light stayed on.  I just noticed this yesterday when I was looking for an awful smell in the shop.  I regret opening the lid.  Whole thing is getting taped closed and rolled out to the curb tomorrow.  I'm certain it's a victim of the brownouts.

edited September 2021
    retracted because not certain enough
    Photo Egg said:
    Take care Darian. 

Power got funky when Ida winds started ramping up to 60 mph or so....lots of flickering.  Then it started shutting off and on.  When it started browning out, I just killed the main breaker and ran off generator at that point onward. 

Spikes don't bother me, I have a primary main panel spike filter and protection on all the more valuable electronics.  The brownouts scare me.  That's where you lose compressors, fans, pumps....any motor running off direct AC can die.

In fact, I just discovered one of my chest freezers that I had thought was fine died.  The running light stayed on.  I just noticed this yesterday when I was looking for an awful smell in the shop.  I regret opening the lid.  Whole thing is getting taped closed and rolled out to the curb tomorrow.  I'm certain it's a victim of the brownouts.

Sucks about your freezer!
    Many years ago when Ike hit us we were not allowed back on the island for about a week. I was dreading opening the freezer because I had a turkey in it. Turns out the Turkey was roses compared to the Rocky Road Ice Cream. Ha Ha
    I have 2 small generators for fridge and freezers and minor electronics but nothing for A/C units. Fingers crossed. 
    Take Care
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Lots of tree branches down everywhere but our power is holding.
    Some wind driven rain sheetrock damage but we were lucky.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @Photo Egg glad to hear that you are doing as well as you are.  Hopefully the worst is past you and now it's recover time.
    Stay healthy and safe out there.  
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Just shaking my head and cussing at this point....you just get to that point to where you're so pissed but at the same time there's nothing you can do about it...

3 days before the annual week long duck hunting trip and the fuggin engine in the boat locks up..

There's no way my repair guy can get parts and get them in this quick...looks like I'll be borrowing the ladyfriend's leaky canoe and have duck dog paddle while I bail water 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited September 2021
    DuckDogDr said:
    you just get to that point to where you're so pissed but at the same time there's nothing you can do about it...
    I can sympathize brother. Sometimes a man just cant win for losing. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.