Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 8,995
    @saluki2007, I may have seen your hippie food stand, but it was 9:30 AM…. 

I got some pork at “Halfway to Hana” that was pretty good, but I suspect I missed some better stuff at 2 or more places. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 8,333
    lkapigian said:
    Ar the Yankee Game 

last game i went to they sold yankees suck and jeter swallows tee shirts outside the fenway =)
    Lol, Linda is the big Yankees fa, I took her twice to NY to see Jeter play ...yankees dodgers both times , I just like to travel , do ill go
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon FatStack 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • Foghorn said:
    Sunrise from our lanai in Hana.  In the pic without the sun, if you look closely enough you can see a horse, a cow, and off in the distance is the silhouette of the Big Island.
    At first. I thought the shapes you mentioned were in the clouds and I wasted some precious moments scanning the skies in your photo and thinking you were delusional. The reality came crashing down. Great scene. 
  • BattlebornBattleborn Posts: 2,362
    Waiting on a tow truck. Broke down on the way out of Phoenix. Small potatoes compared to other on here, not fun though. 
    Las Vegas, NV

Disclaimer: All opinions contained in this post are not intended to offend anyone from the Midwest, former/current bankers or anyone over the age 70. 
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 5,543
    Just learned a classmate kicked the bucket from the Rona. 39 and Unvaccinated 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    (2) XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColtsFan said:
    Too young. 
  • ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 1,594
    ColtsFan said:
    Too young. 
    Sucks for sure, seeing how I’m 40 in December 
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,348
    Does this look like a Top Sirloin to yall? Seems more like a Strip steak to me? Was going to use it to make cheese steaks but not sure if I should.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• abtaylor260abtaylor260 Posts: 210
    I've used strip steak several times before for cheesesteak. They go on sale at Kroger for 5-6 $s a lb sometimes. Its great!
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 8,333
    Does this look like a Top Sirloin to yall? Seems more like a Strip steak to me? Was going to use it to make cheese steaks but not sure if I should.

Velveting is your friend, I would use it
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon FatStack 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • Lit said:
    Ouch
    Sorry to see that. No fun. 

Did the pinky go the same way a while back?

• LitLit Posts: 9,053
    Lit said:
    Ouch
    Sorry to see that. No fun. 

Did the pinky go the same way a while back?

Wifey got her thumb awhile back but she got tendon also. Luckily its just a nasty cut gonna go get some skin adhesive tomorrow.
    Three hours of waiting on a tow truck to find out the transmission or transfer case on my 2020 Colorado is probably shot. Luckily it happened while were still in Phoenix and not in the middle of nowhere. Dealership will have us a rental to get home tomorrow. 
    Las Vegas, NV

Disclaimer: All opinions contained in this post are not intended to offend anyone from the Midwest, former/current bankers or anyone over the age 70. 
  • PigBeanUsPigBeanUs Posts: 932
    edited August 31
    Just received official notification of a new NSF award.  It's a collaboration with people at UIUC.  Just north of $400k to support work here at Duke over the next 3 years.  

The title of the project is: "A Unified Theory of Crack Nucleation and Growth for Materials Subjected to Repetitive Surface Acoustic Waves and Dynamic
    Impact".

Grateful for the opportunity.
    What are the applications?  I was thinking maybe mitigating diaphragm degradation from repetitive vibratory toys or something.

That would be what you would think about.

Applications are to lithotripsy, earthquakes, blast loading of structures.  Essentially any problem with inertial loadings that stress the material system beyond its strength envelope.  
    Pfffft. Same cr^p that heats a planetary body as a result of periodic stresses imparted by a satellite.OLD FVCKING NEWS, JOHN
  • PigBeanUsPigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Foghorn said:

Home of the World Famous Horizontal Waterfalls
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 12,195
    edited August 31
    PigBeanUs said:
    Foghorn said:

Usually only found on the equator.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • EoinEoin Posts: 4,007
    PigBeanUs said:
    Foghorn said:

Usually only found on the equator.
    How's it going? Not seen you for a while now.
    Finally back home. Truck is still in Arizona. The dealership got us a rental car through Enterprise. Went to pick it up and they told us they had to give us a GM product and that it would be a little bit of wait. 10 minutes later another lady came out and said they had a car ready for us. It was a Dodge Challenger. After two days I wasn’t about to question it and just took the car. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• SamIAm2SamIAm2 Posts: 1,397
    So was it the transfer case or the transmission? I watch these folks on Youtube, just to see the messed up builds they get to deal with. They get transmissions from lots of states to work on. https://www.youtube.com/c/PrecisionTransmission
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 6,814
    Browsing thru 2k+ posts to get somewhat caught up with the going on of folks on the forums.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 21,575
    YEMTrey said:
    Browsing thru 2k+ posts to get somewhat caught up with the going on of folks on the forums.
    Good to see you here man.  How’s the golf game?
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 6,814
    YEMTrey said:
    Good to see you here man.  How’s the golf game?
    Only been out a couple of times.  Life's been crazy and taking everything I got in me the last year or so.  Golf will be back soon.  Hope you had a good time with the gang in Cali!

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 3,712
    Hi @YEMTrey great to "see" you! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 3,712

Having sideways combustion tonight. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 5,647
    YEMTrey said: