Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    An observation regarding mask wearing (totally a political).  I endorse the use of a mask where the elastic runs side-to-side around your head as opposed to over the ears.  I did the loop gig on a two hour plane ride in April and then tossed that option, reverting to the around the head configuration.  Much less irritation. 
    Besides, you can then lower it around your neck when not needed for a classy fashion statement.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DavidCrumpton
    DavidCrumpton Posts: 198
    edited August 2021
    lousubcap said:
    An observation regarding mask wearing (totally a political).  I endorse the use of a mask where the elastic runs side-to-side around your head as opposed to over the ears.  I did the loop gig on a two hour plane ride in April and then tossed that option, reverting to the around the head configuration.  Much less irritation. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    CPFC1905 said:
    Putting up shelves
    Nature abhors a vacuum.  I assume they are filled already? 
    I have a ways to go before I build storage for future use.  I hate clutter.

Aristotle, who coined that phrase, had another which never caught on quite as much but is equally true. 

Cats abhor a vacuum.

Very prescient, that one, as technology then to create vacuums was far behind today's.  But equally true, I've seen it with mine own eyes.

Our school starts the week before Labor Day.  It’s primarily an orientation week, with serious class instruction starting when they go back after the holiday weekend.  This year it is a 4-day weekend because Rosh Hashanah is Tuesday the 7th.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    edited August 2021
    Just finished testing the 26" hedge trimmer I showed yesterday in the "What Are You Buying Now -Off Topic. This 80V trimmer is a beast.

Edit- Don't know why two of the photos are .tiff files and where the second empty post came from. You say it best when you say nothing at all, I guess.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • nolaegghead
    SamIAm2 said:

Indeed

SamIAm2 said:

Indeed

One second thought, maybe, maybe not.

ColbyLang said:
    Cringing and rejoicing at the same time. Both of my kiddos started school today. Masks on at all times. Socially distanced in the classrooms. Here we go. Hoping for a full school year!
    My oldest starts tomorrow. Masks while indoors. Did the same thing last year for the whole school district. Was not an issue. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    ColbyLang said:
    Cringing and rejoicing at the same time. Both of my kiddos started school today. Masks on at all times. Socially distanced in the classrooms. Here we go. Hoping for a full school year!
    My oldest starts tomorrow. Masks while indoors. Did the same thing last year for the whole school district. Was not an issue. 
    Ahh yes. But you aren’t in COVID hotspot Louisiana where our vaccination rate is sub 50% and there are plenty of idiots flat out refusing to get it. 4th surge underway
  • nolaegghead
    There are a lot of sick kids in my area from covid, which is much different from the earlier waves.  We have kids on ventilators here.  And while they are still less likely to get extremely sick than adults, they can easily get infected and spread it at home where most parents in LA (for example) are unvaccinated. We've seen that in the past....all of us with kids would catch stuff they caught at school.  Given the hospitals are basically full here and there's a shortage of 6000 nurses and I don't know how many doctors in the state, your guess is as good as mine as to what will happen.

What could possibly go wrong?

Another thing that's good about masks is that wearing one reminds you that you're in a pandemic and to be more aware or stay aware of surfaces, touching stuff and putting your fingers in your nose or whatever orifice.   With kids, they need all the help they can get.
    Nature abhors a vacuum.  I assume they are filled already? 
    I have a ways to go before I build storage for future use.  I hate clutter.

Aristotle, who coined that phrase, had another which never caught on quite as much but is equally true. 

Cats abhor a vacuum.

Very prescient, that one, as technology then to create vacuums was far behind today's.  But equally true, I've seen it with mine own eyes.

Just wanting to ensure I read this correctly, given it’s from the guy who seemingly has several new acquisitions on the “What are you buying now?” thread each and every day. Also the guy who owns what looks like an airplane hangar to house his many toys. 😂😋
  • ColbyLang
    There are a lot of sick kids in my area from covid, which is much different from the earlier waves.  We have kids on ventilators here.  And while they are still less likely to get extremely sick than adults, they can easily get infected and spread it at home where most parents in LA (for example) are unvaccinated. We've seen that in the past....all of us with kids would catch stuff they caught at school.  Given the hospitals are basically full here and there's a shortage of 6000 nurses and I don't know how many doctors in the state, your guess is as good as mine as to what will happen.

What could possibly go wrong?

Another thing that's good about masks is that wearing one reminds you that you're in a pandemic and to be more aware or stay aware of surfaces, touching stuff and putting your fingers in your nose or whatever orifice.   With kids, they need all the help they can get.
    Local hospital stats…..

hospital A
    112 COVID patients….some on vents. 94% unvaccinated 

Hospital B
    146 COVID patients…..91% unvaccinated

they’ve canceled elective procedures and those surgeries that could be pushed. My buddy is an ER doc and has one shift off in the last 20. 

Understaffed and overwhelmed is an understatement he says
  • @GrateEggspectations beat me too it.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    And how many will die because their cancer screenings were delayed or their heart or cancer surgeries were delayed? You could say that refusal of vaccination is willful endangerment or possibly negligent homicide. 
    Agree, childhood friends wife has kidney cancer. Her surgery has been pushed back three times now due to hospital availability….I’ve had enough 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    My wife had a PI lie on their biosketch to skew the research data for a grant they were awarded. Luckily, IU caught it before the government entity did. My wife pulled the award and Legal is handling it now. Big no no and this person will likely be terminated. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    ColtsFan said:
    My wife had a PI lie on their biosketch to skew the research data for a grant they were awarded. Luckily, IU caught it before the government entity did. My wife pulled the award and Legal is handling it now. Big no no and this person will likely be terminated. 
    I suspect your wife and I could trade some stories.  When you get a chance, tell her I co-chair the financial conflicts of interest committee for the university.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan said:
    I suspect your wife and I could trade some stories.  When you get a chance, tell her I co-chair the financial conflicts of interest committee for the university.
    I always wondered what you did on the weekends for fun minus the BGE cooking and forum tomfoolery. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    ColtsFan said:
    I always wondered what you did on the weekends for fun minus the BGE cooking and forum tomfoolery. 
    Let’s just say that I have a certain set of skills, and one of them is dealing with people who are capable of demonstrating colossally bad judgment. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    ColbyLang said:
    And how many will die because their cancer screenings were delayed or their heart or cancer surgeries were delayed? You could say that refusal of vaccination is willful endangerment or possibly negligent homicide. 
    Agree, childhood friends wife has kidney cancer. Her surgery has been pushed back three times now due to hospital availability….I’ve had enough 
    Speaking of that I just learned that my second youngest uncle has a large brain tumor. They are sending him by ambulance to a hospital at the state capital to see a neurosurgeon. I had to remind my mother that this was good news. If it was hopeless they would have just recommended a hospice.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    ColbyLang said:
    Speaking of that I just learned that my second youngest uncle has a large brain tumor. They are sending him by ambulance to a hospital at the state capital to see a neurosurgeon. I had to remind my mother that this was good news. If it was hopeless they would have just recommended a hospice.
    Sorry to hear Gulfcoastguy. Prayers for your uncle. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    ColtsFan said:
    Let’s just say that I have a certain set of skills, and one of them is dealing with people who are capable of demonstrating colossally bad judgment. 
    Seems as though we may have something in common after all. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    ColtsFan said:
    I bet we do.  I often find myself coming to understand exactly what someone did, and then asking myself “what in God’s name were they thinking?”  

I also don’t share 95% of this stuff with the wife, because either it’s so crazy she wouldn’t believe me, or it’s impossible to explain without relaying so many details first.  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    ColtsFan said:
    I bet we do.  I often find myself coming to understand exactly what someone did, and then asking myself “what in God’s name were they thinking?”  

I also don’t share 95% of this stuff with the wife, because either it’s so crazy she wouldn’t believe me, or it’s impossible to explain without relaying so many details first.  
    Good decision.  You could always post it here though.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:
    ColtsFan said:

Not really, not without disclosing things that aren’t meant for public consumption.  

I can however tell my wife anything and everything without incurring any jeopardy, but I don’t for the aforementioned reasons.  And that’s the rub.  
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Legume said:
    ColtsFan said:

Not really, not without disclosing things that aren’t meant for public consumption.  

I can however tell my wife anything and everything without incurring any jeopardy, but I don’t for the aforementioned reasons.  And that’s the rub.  
    I get that second part. Sometimes I just have to tell my wife I had a bad day and she understands that is something that she is going to gave to Leave alone. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Ayup.  I'm sorta surprised that a nationwide class-action suit hasn't yet been filed against a certain party, and faux news.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Botch said:
    Ayup.  I'm sorta surprised that a nationwide class-action suit hasn't yet been filed against a certain party, and faux news.  
    To what end?
  • nolaegghead
    FYI: "News Reporters Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc." https://definitions.uslegal.com/n/news-reporters/
    CPFC1905 said:
    I am turning to you, my learned and esteemed Egg-friends to confirm my suspicion that despite being a little past my best - I still have it.  Otherwise why would this appear in my inbox?

Am Jane and I’m 27 years, a wedded lady and I want a low-key guy for a casual hook up built on fun times with no strings attached. I’m just a displeased lady married, he should be at least thirty whether married or not, should be prepared for at home test, because I want it raw. No appreciation just enjoying satisfactory make love together, I will host.. 

Points to clarify;
    1) I am familiar with displeased ladies - I have one who lives in my house already
    2) I assume a 'home test' is something to do with electrical safety, so no - I am not prepared but maybe some YouTube recommendations from you will help?  I hope it's not a memory test of why I just went out to the shed because all I remember is thinking 'why did I come out here?'. 
    3) By raw she obviously knows my steak preference, we call it rare but I can overlook that - initially anyway.
    4) No appreciation..... I think we all know that feeling.  Today I removed a dealer's sticker from the windscreen of SWMBO's car, including the adhesive and leaving no residue at all. Impressive right? What do I get "I didn't know there was a sticker"
    5) A little hazy on the bit between 'enjoying' and the comma. 
    6) She will host, great - I hope she has Sports subscription so I can watch the cricket

Any advice you can offer would be gratefully accepted. 

In more exciting computer based luck news,  seems I am now very wealthy too...

Hello,
    Your Bitcoin wallet has been funded with 24.85 BTC making a total of
    810,607.78 USD as requested by you. Please login with below details to
    confirm your BTC balance.

Website   (I have taken out the URL)
    Customer ID : 77717247
    Password.   : bx54jay7
    BTC Bal.    : 810,607.78 USD

Ensure to confirm your balance please.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay