Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp V, Oct 20th in New Orleans

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:
    Did you ask if you could take the shot in the anus instead?  Might be worth it, just to see the look on the nurse's face alone.  
    Believe it or not it honestly ran through my mind. But I refrained because there was little kids around. 
    Wise move, my friend.  You could get on one of those lists, dropping trouse around little kids. 

In other thoughts, anus shots would pretty much take the guess work out of where the shot goes. 

Options
    Not trying to torpedo this thread but got me thinking that maybe there is a market for Pfizer infused butt hole plugs!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Infusing is all the rage.  Could be....
    Options
    Not trying to torpedo this thread but got me thinking that maybe there is a market for Pfizer infused butt hole plugs!

shape the plug like an ear of corn and its back on topic egg-wise
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Ok since this is the covid thread,   doctors,  math geniuses weigh in. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_9KnhUu7Ba4&feature=youtu.be
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    SGH said:
    Did you ask if you could take the shot in the anus instead?  Might be worth it, just to see the look on the nurse's face alone.  
    Believe it or not it honestly ran through my mind. But I refrained because there was little kids around. 
    Wise move, my friend.  You could get on one of those lists, dropping trouse around little kids. 

In other thoughts, anus shots would pretty much take the guess work out of where the shot goes. 

would also explain how an inch and a half needle disappears in a half inch of flesh without hitting an arm bone
    fukahwee maine

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    Friend of mine , anti vaxer is a believer today, tested positive on Friday 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    He feeling bad?  Or just got tested as routine?

Options
    lkapigian said:
    He feeling bad?  Or just got tested as routine?

sick, lost of taste, fever aches and pains ....we just had this conversation 3 weeks ago and he was hell bent on not getting it unless forced to 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    hope its minor
    will he get the vaccine down the road. the antivaxers mostly wont, atleast thats my experience so far

fukahwee maine

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    hope its minor
    will he get the vaccine down the road. the antivaxers mostly wont, atleast thats my experience so far

he is young, a good guy, 2 small children but he did say he wished he did ....I am sure his wife is now ...The worst part is him not spending time with his baby boy 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    edited August 2021
    Options
    kl8ton said:

This doctor is full of crap.  He's saying: zinc, Ivermectin, vitamin D cure it or act as a prophylactic.....mumps spreads by vaccinated people, vaccines don't work, can't cure viruses with animal reservoirs, etc, etc, etc.  All the same misinformation that's out there except it's coming from a general practitioner who speaks fluent English and uses some big words. 

"The flash drive" holds all the evidence!!!  What he did in research seems to be an exercise in confirmation bias.  But if anyone wants to take any of the issues one by one and do a little exercise here on how to do meaningful research, I'd be happy to address any of this guy's positions.
    Options
    Glad I don’t live in Indiana?

He’s got some sweet suspenders, I kept thinking he was going to turn around and reveal himself to be Dr Cox from scrubs.
  • bella21
    bella21 Posts: 45
    Options
    SGH said:
    @fishlessman
    So far I have had zero side effects. Not even a sore arm. I honestly did not even feel the shot. For a moment I kind of questioned did they actually give it to me. 
    Just from talking to people it seems most folks are more prone to experiencing side effects from the second dose. Even that seems to be split 50/50. 
    Having had the vaccine myself... We will see if we have zero side effects in two years from now.... When were supposed to die from our DNA being manipulated. Maybe we will become super-soldiers. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,342
    Options
    The USA, China, Russia and the rest of the world governments have come to agreement (when was the last time that happened...) that the vaccines work.  There are definitely performance differences across the vaccine spectrum but to discount the merit is why we (USA) are in the covid trick-sack once again.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    kl8ton said:

This doctor is full of crap.  He's saying: zinc, Ivermectin, vitamin D cure it or act as a prophylactic.....mumps spreads by vaccinated people, vaccines don't work, can't cure viruses with animal reservoirs, etc, etc, etc.  All the same misinformation that's out there except it's coming from a general practitioner who speaks fluent English and uses some big words. 

"The flash drive" holds all the evidence!!!  What he did in research seems to be an exercise in confirmation bias.  But if anyone wants to take any of the issues one by one and do a little exercise here on how to do meaningful research, I'd be happy to address any of this guy's positions.
    I dunno if the guy is full of it or not. I'm not a doctor. What I do know is I took the vaccine and so did my wife because I'd rather be safe and live than potentially be on my death bed FaceTiming my 2 young children explaining why they won't get to see their daddy before he dies because he didn't want to get his ouchy shot. If I have side effects 10 years from now well then I guess I will be suing big pharma along with about 75-100 million other people in the US alone. Fact is if you have a couple hundred million people start getting cancer 10-20years from now and it can undoubtedly be linked to this shot, I'm betting their isn't a court in the world that can stop that lawsuit regardless of what protections are given to the companies that made it. Get your d@mn shot people. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 Posts: 1,347
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I was exposed several times by the same coworker last Monday/Tuesday.  Luckily I have no symptoms as of yet.   Thankful for the vaccine.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    It's like the guy digs up tons of old research and applies it to the "novel" (means "new") corona virus and totally ignores the massive amount of data seen the world over:  people who are vaccinated get sick and die less....AND...people who avoid potentially sick people through social distancing, mask wearing, etc don't catch it as often as people who ignore said precautions. 

There is a virtual bukkake of data out there on this from the most reputable scientific organizations with a general overwhelming consensus on "vaccines good, getting coronavirus bad".   This guy ignores it all....and tells the board to "listen to the crowd".  Seriously, what do they know?  This isn't a medical convention. 

One thing is for sure, that crowd left the room knowing less than when they walked in to the meeting and listened to that ahole.

Read the comments on the video and that should tell you just about everything you need to know.  There are no serious confirmations or denials of anything he said.  That's because there are no serious confirmations and no one who's serious about public health gives a sh*t enough to argue with a nut who represents a tiny 2% fraction of medical doctors. 

You sure do read a lot about how everyone really wants to get their hands on that "flash drive"!  It must hold all the answers!
    Options
    kl8ton said:

I dunno if the guy is full of it or not. I'm not a doctor. What I do know is I took the vaccine and so did my wife because I'd rather be safe and live than potentially be on my death bed FaceTiming my 2 young children explaining why they won't get to see their daddy before he dies because he didn't want to get his ouchy shot. If I have side effects 10 years from now well then I guess I will be suing big pharma along with about 75-100 million other people in the US alone. Fact is if you have a couple hundred million people start getting cancer 10-20years from now and it can undoubtedly be linked to this shot, I'm betting their isn't a court in the world that can stop that lawsuit regardless of what protections are given to the companies that made it. Get your d@mn shot people. 

You have given us a perfect example of why the masses are dumb AF.  You don't know who to trust.

The propaganda outlets have been working overtime before the pandemic to erode trust in institutions...there's a book on this called "The Death of Expertise". 

My question to you is why wasn't your first thought - this guy is a minority dissenter to institutions with the finest scientific minds in the age of computers which allow us to do amazing things with data mining, mapping DNA, etc.  What's he do?  A general practitioner?  Hmmmm....well, not exactly doing fellowship research, but maybe he's famous for his mind. 

No.  Normal people just write off the outliers.  But we embrace them because we're f*ckin idiots.  We look for some confirmation from a scientist on what we read on facebook day in and day out.  Once one of those guys comes along, you implicitly trust him and ignore all the data and institutions because you hear they have some evil ulterior plot to control people for the elitist power broker cabals of pedophiles drinking blood for satan or whatever.

Options
    Next up, Lit will come on and start calling me a hypocrite and lower the collective thread IQ by 50 points, then Alaskaassasin will say everything is the media's fault and libs are hypocrites, and the broken record will continue to rotate around and around.
    Options

There is a virtual bukkake of data out there

I'm stealing that.
    NOLA
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    kl8ton said:

You have given us a perfect example of why the masses are dumb AF.  You don't know who to trust.

The propaganda outlets have been working overtime before the pandemic to erode trust in institutions...there's a book on this called "The Death of Expertise". 

My question to you is why wasn't your first thought - this guy is a minority dissenter to institutions with the finest scientific minds in the age of computers which allow us to do amazing things with data mining, mapping DNA, etc.  What's he do?  A general practitioner?  Hmmmm....well, not exactly doing fellowship research, but maybe he's famous for his mind. 

No.  Normal people just write off the outliers.  But we embrace them because we're f*ckin idiots.  We look for some confirmation from a scientist on what we read on facebook day in and day out.  Once one of those guys comes along, you implicitly trust him and ignore all the data and institutions because you hear they have some evil ulterior plot to control people for the elitist power broker cabals of pedophiles drinking blood for satan or whatever.

Take a breathe for a second. Im saying Im not a Doctor, so im not going to be able to comment as to whether what this guy is saying is completely asinine or not. I don't read medical journals for fun either. To me he sounds like someone who is intelligent but that doesn't mean he's right. I then proceeded to tell everyone to get a d@mn shot if for no other reason than so you don't have to die alone in a hospital. I don't have Facebook because its ridiculous. The crap my wife reads to me from there I laugh my @ss off. Attacking me seems pretty odd honestly. Im literally advocating for getting a vaccine. You and I may disagree on certain things politically but I am 100% with you on getting a vaccine. My mindset is not the problem. Its the people that think sticking a can of lysol up their @ss will cure them that are the problem. IM NOT one of THOSE people.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    edited August 2021
    Options
    buzd504 said:

There is a virtual bukkake of data out there

I'm stealing that.
    I’m starting a rock band called that. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Addressing the question - what if the vaccine gives me cancer 10, 20 years down the line? 

First of all, no vaccines or drugs are tested for 10 or 20 years before they are approved.  We in science use our best judgment, building off what we know about similar drugs and biology.  Synthetic mRNA has been around labs for a long time. We understand how mRNA works, fundamentally, and we know it has a very limited half life in the body.  We know what the mRNA makes (in this case what we design it to make) and we know the immune system attacks the proteins, which looks like spike proteins from parts of the coronavirus. 

The big question mark is how the body's immune system reacts to these proteins.  This study is nothing new, but the really good news is it happens pretty fast.  The only thing left over from these vaccines are the training of the immune systems that's a natural response to foreign invaders. If you are going to have a bad reaction to the vaccine, it will happen fast.  Month at max.  If we were rolling out Asprin for the first time, people would be having the same conniptions when a small minority of patients get Reyes syndrome.   This is true, by the way, as well as anaphylaxis, but we still use it because the benefits outweigh the risks on a large scale. 

Cancer - we get it mostly from stuff we eat or breath.  Did we test red dye number 40 for 20 years?  No.  Could it cause cancer down the line?  Sure.  Are people worried it's going to cause cancer?  Some.  So don't eat it.  But you don't have any chance of dying if you don't eat red dye #40 but you have a very statistically significant chance of dying if you don't get the vaccine. 

It's easy to play to people's fears about the unknown and we see it more than ever in, ironically, a very efficient age of information dissemination. 

Decisions have consequences.  I think there's been wide-spread regret from debilitating illness and death due to the virus.  If you (anyone) are one to throw caution to the wind (god works in mysterious ways) and yet you are worried about cancer from a vaccine 20 years down the line, don't f*ckin take it. (also don't talk to me about hypocrisy)  World will still be here long after you are gone for whatever reason, and it may not be a worse place (wink wink). 
    edited August 2021
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Take a breathe for a second. Im saying Im not a Doctor, so im not going to be able to comment as to whether what this guy is saying is completely asinine or not. I don't read medical journals for fun either. To me he sounds like someone who is intelligent but that doesn't mean he's right. I then proceeded to tell everyone to get a d@mn shot if for no other reason than so you don't have to die alone in a hospital. I don't have Facebook because its ridiculous. The crap my wife reads to me from there I laugh my @ss off. Attacking me seems pretty odd honestly. Im literally advocating for getting a vaccine. You and I may disagree on certain things politically but I am 100% with you on getting a vaccine. My mindset is not the problem. Its the people that think sticking a can of lysol up their @ss will cure them that are the problem. IM NOT one of THOSE people.

I'm just busting your balls.  We make it hard to be a doctor because we want them to know their sh*t so they don't kill us with what they think/feel we need but what they're trained based on thousands of years of medicine and modern research.  So trust them.  There will always be some nuts on the edges of the bell curve, ignore them.  Trust the majority, and my point is you should immediately recognize that.  We don't need to be doctors to be treated by them (doctor's can't really treat themselves anyway).
    Options
    The ivermectin stuff is BS, unfortunately.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Works great on tape worm.

edited August 2021
    Options

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Options
    I got a friend that is taking Ivermectin. That actually worries me. Long before there was an actual treatment for dogs we was using Ivomec on them. Killed several of the deer dogs through trial and error. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.