Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• GrateEggspectationsGrateEggspectations Posts: 6,254
    edited August 9
    @GrateEggspectations I mean no offense but do you have any pictures of your sister?
    Lol. Actually, wifey is the connection on this one. It’s her bro’s rental. 
  • @GrateEggspectations - don’t take this the wrong way, but… JFC!

What Canadian drug cartel does your BIL run?  
    Lol. Suffice it to say he exists on a plane quite distant from my own. Did well in growing a business he acquired about 6 years ago. At least that’s what he tells me!
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,877
    SGH said:
    At 1:45pm got the first dose of Moderna 👍
    Good for you, those who love you and those who you love.  Looking forward to many more seals of approval. And anus / shaving. Somehow only you can bring those together. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Ikeener75 said:
    Murder Hornet?!?!
    Much too small for that. The measurement for those sound like flying crawdads.  
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 7,956
    Ikeener75 said:
    Murder Hornet?!?!
    Much too small for that. The measurement for those sound like flying crawdads.  

Looks like a cicada killer wasp which are quite abundant thanks to the recent brood hatching.
    They're harmless - unless you are a cicada.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Dik

Camped out in the (757/948/804)

• ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 5,549
    She is having a bad day. Said it caught the gravel and spun out. She was okay. Just upset about the car. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    (2) XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColtsFan said:
    She is having a bad day. Said it caught the gravel and spun out. She was okay. Just upset about the car. 

Wow. Must have been going a good clip to get that much spin. Glad she’s alright. 
  • ColtsFan said:

I'm glad she's ok.
    Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 38,560
    Glad she's not hurt.

Did she get a ticket for driving with the wheels on the wrong side of the road?

• WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 9,468
    Glad she's not hurt.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • EoinEoin Posts: 4,021
    Glad she's not hurt.

Don't you mean the wheels on the wrong side of the car? 
  • EoinEoin Posts: 4,021
    ColtsFan said:

Glad she's OK. Did you take the picture while giving yourself a mental reminder to tread carefully when discussing the incident?
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 21,691
    ColtsFan said:

reminds me of this:

In all seriousness, that looks like it could've been bad.  No doubt she may be a bit sore.  Glad she's OK man.  
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919
  • FrostyEggFrostyEgg Posts: 252
    edited August 9
    Just installed a rutland courtesy of @RRP and assembled the new bands. Going to let it cure with the dome on until tomorrow and then put everything back together.
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,877
    Just realized fires migrate to the bottom of the lump pile on an egg since that’s where the oxygen source is. 

Sorry if this is obvious to everyone else. It’s now obvious to me. 

What are men thinking…
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 8,355
    lousubcap said:
    @lkapigian - I am sorry for the way you gained the Amazon's but I'm sure your gesture means a lot.  Way to be there.  
    Thanks @lousubcap ...we all go , some tougher than others ...
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon FatStack 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • TracebuztaTracebuzta Posts: 23
    edited August 10
    paqman said:
    Not far from you, @paqman. That was Tremblant. 
    You’ll need to send me the info to rent that place!  I am on vacation until September 8th and I need to find something to do.  All the decent places that we’ve looked at are booked.  My brother is back from Tremblant and was super disappointed because most restaurants were closed.  After the vaccine, I was ready to book a flight to somewhere in the south or even europe but with the new variants 🤷‍♂️  
    PM’ing ya.
    Me too! I´d love some more info :-) 
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 14,957
    lkapigian said:
    Inherited these two guys today , been a while since I have had Amazon's so we will see how this goes 

back story, a friend of mine is terminally ill and went on Hospice Friday , these are her babies
    Beautiful birds….hate the path you received them however. Prayers to the family and friends. 
    Johns Creek GA with a Large & a 17" Blackstone........Medium & MiniMax in storage

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • BattlebornBattleborn Posts: 2,381
    Currently playing a fun game of is it the ‘rona or stomach bug/allergies. 
    Las Vegas, NV

Disclaimer: All opinions contained in this post are not intended to offend anyone from the Midwest, former/current bankers or anyone over the age 70. 
  • SonVoltSonVolt Posts: 3,043

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 1,618
    Geez, wide range of possibilities there. Never had rona, but the last two options are usually mutually exclusive of one another in the form of symptoms 
  • DavidCrumptonDavidCrumpton Posts: 198
    edited August 10
    SonVolt said:

Where does one acquire one of those BigHorn salamanders? I am looking and can't find one.

Never mind. Amazon has them.
  • FarmingPhDFarmingPhD Posts: 686
    Signed in to check when I could donate blood again and discovered my antibody test at the end of June was positive.  Got moderna in the April/May timeframe so unsure if I had the rona or a function of the vaccine.  Skimming a web search it appears results may vary by what type of antibody test used.  Previous donation was between shots in April and was negative. 
  • Just used my lunch break to perform some mise en place for tonight’s stir fry. Peanut, coconut milk, lime and basil sauce. I have some chicken breasts thawing on the counter. All basil, onion and zucchini was home grown. The other veggies were store bought but were starting to turn. A good stir fry is the perfect antidote to that. Will serve on noodles made from spaghetti squash (from a neighbour’s garden). Once again, my pics fall far short of the artistry that some display on this forum. 

• BattlebornBattleborn Posts: 2,381
    PColbyLang said:
    Geez, wide range of possibilities there. Never had rona, but the last two options are usually mutually exclusive of one another in the form of symptoms 
    Got vaccinated in February/March and to my knowledge haven’t gotten it this whole time. I’ve been contacted 4 times in the last three weeks as being a close contact. Only symptoms right now are nausea and slight tickle in my throat (smoke from the California wildfires has been particularly heavy this week). 
    Las Vegas, NV

Disclaimer: All opinions contained in this post are not intended to offend anyone from the Midwest, former/current bankers or anyone over the age 70.