Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    EGGjlmh said:

@fishlessman

I will not get vaccinated because my healthy 23 year old nephew got the shot and was in ICU for 6 weeks on a ventilator after the shot. The doctors told the family it was due to the shot. The doctors told his sister to not get the shot becuase of this.

Go ahead, make this political if you want, the kid was told he likely wouldn't make it alive off the vent. He has been home for 2 weeks now and is gaining strength.

I saw it.

glad he is on the mend. my area got hit pretty hard, know way to many that have had it including both siblings, one has it right now. dad lost a friend and two others ive known didnt make it
    From covid, or from getting the vaccine?

from covid.  my brother is the only one in the shop not vaccinated and now has the virus, no symptoms so far. his girlfriends son has it as well. his girlfriends a nurse and not vaccinated
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    EGGjlmh said:

@fishlessman

I will not get vaccinated because my healthy 23 year old nephew got the shot and was in ICU for 6 weeks on a ventilator after the shot. The doctors told the family it was due to the shot. The doctors told his sister to not get the shot becuase of this.

Go ahead, make this political if you want, the kid was told he likely wouldn't make it alive off the vent. He has been home for 2 weeks now and is gaining strength.

I saw it.

glad he is on the mend. my area got hit pretty hard, know way to many that have had it including both siblings, one has it right now. dad lost a friend and two others ive known didnt make it
    From covid, or from getting the vaccine?

from covid.  my brother is the only one in the shop not vaccinated and now has the virus, no symptoms so far. his girlfriends son has it as well. his girlfriends a nurse and not vaccinated
    I'm sure the extent to which a person knows others (family members, friends, etc.) who have been seriously affected by the virus tends to influence their views on vaccination, masking, etc.  At least it ought to.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    I have a coworker who can't get vaccinated because he's allergic to some component of the shot. He didn't learn this by almost dying from it. There's some lesson here for others...

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Watching USWNT PKs.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    @SonVolt - from your garden?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    edited July 2021
    This guy farts a lot! "GASPASR"

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Kayak said:
    I have a coworker who can't get vaccinated because he's allergic to some component of the shot. He didn't learn this by almost dying from it. There's some lesson here for others...
    All the various versions?
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    That's some nice work there on the fan guard.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    @SonVolt - from your garden?

Yup, been a weirdly wet and cool summer but the tomatoes are finally starting to come in. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Acn said:
    Watching USWNT PKs.
    @ACN - US keeper really saved 'em today, not only the shootout but stopping a PK late in the second half and some nice saves in the ET. 
    To me the USA looked out of sorts during the ET, playing pure survival mode as the Dutch clearly had control of the pace.  But a W is a W.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    I have family that adamantly refuse vax.  This whole thing has been politicized way too much.  There was no question about smallpox or polio prevention. it was just done.  I am as strict a Constitutionist and Libertarian as exists.
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Having to do some work on a Friday afternoon. This is BS 😂

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Vacuuming the car. Considering installing the new trunk liner but one of us might melt.
  • lousubcap
    @Yno - I thought great wine was not supposed to deliver the hangover.
    Congratulations on the transition to the "every day is Saturday lifestyle." 
    As we say, "You know when it's when."  
    If you still wear a watch hopefully in addition to the date it shows the day of the week.  Definitely a needed option.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Using margaritas to manage SWMBO’s stress with flight delays.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Bar
    Bar Posts: 166
    Yno said:
    Enjoying my first day of retirement. Except for the hangover....
    Congratulations!
  • Bar
    Bar Posts: 166
    lousubcap said:
    Congratulations on the transition to the "every day is Saturday lifestyle." 
    As we say, "You know when it's when." 

I completely agree with this.  👍
  • lousubcap
    @lkapigian - You have more Q toys than most here have coolers and lawn chairs combined.  Sweet looking rig.  Enjoy as I know you will.  But dang-you can only cook/manage so much in one shot!   B)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    lkapigian said:
    Heading home , put a deposit on a 500 gallon while I was there

Congratulations brother. On a separate note, I’m starting to think you might just have Rons money  ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    lkapigian said:

Looks nice, what’s the red coloring?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    SGH said:
    lkapigian said:

Congratulations brother. On a separate note, I’m starting to think you might just have Rons money  ;)
    Lol, no, my end game is for my last breath and dollar to be at the same time 

@a@alaskanassasin , Patina ...a " forced " rust so to speak , no paint 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    Great project and testimony to taking care of your toys over the long haul.  I'm sure your oldest has learned a lot from you over the years.