Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Japanese Grill night

Options
caliking
caliking Posts: 18,731
This cook was years in the making. Inspired by cooks from @CPARKTX2 and @The Cen-Tex Smoker many many moons ago, I've had yakitori and onigiri on my mind,  for far too long. So, I dusted off The Japanese Grill book, checked out some other recipes, and got to work.

Onigiri, with miso butter.

Chix thighs with scallions, glazed with the yakitori sauce from The Japanese Grill book. Drumsticks glazed with an orange, soy sauce, yuzu kosho sauce. 

Shisito peppers, cherry 'maters.

Had a decent spread...  from bottom left - yakitori chix, 'maters, orange-soy-yuzu legs, shisito pepepers, 'shrooms with bacon.

All chased with a fair bit of sake :) What a great meal! Relatively simple cook (the prep takes a little time), and the payoff is yuge. Would have eaten a bit earlier if I had fired up another cooker or two, but... lazy.

Caliqueen agreed that we need to do this more often. But, that may have been the sake talking.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments