Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Afternoon: new member here

New member here. Been an Egghead for 15+yrs. 
Excited to be here and allowed to participate. 

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited July 2021
    Welcome...what took you so long?
    You can also add your general location to your signature line.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Welcome
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    welcome to the asylum  =)
    canuckland
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    welcome!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Welcome to the forum.  Given your experience feel free to share any insights you have learned over the years. This place contains a wealth of information across the spectrum.  The range is far and wide along with all the BGE material.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Afternoon

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Welcome late comer! 

Over the 20 years I’ve been feeding my BGEs charcoal serving up BGE meals I’m always amazed at how many new owners will come on the forum for some time measured in months or a few short years, learn, participate but then seem to lose interest and be gone soon thereafter.

Then others - just like you - find the forum much later. Mind telling the forum how you finally found it?

Again…Welcome! 

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Welcome to the forum where your wallet goes to die. Glad you have joined and looking forward to your posts.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • RRP said:
    Welcome late comer! 

Over the 20 years I’ve been feeding my BGEs charcoal serving up BGE meals I’m always amazed at how many new owners will come on the forum for some time measured in months or a few short years, learn, participate but then seem to lose interest and be gone soon thereafter.

Then others - just like you - find the forum much later. Mind telling the forum how you finally found it?

Again…Welcome! 

Well I googled it. Then lurked for a while after learning new tips and tricks I decided to join. 
  • YukonRon said:
    Welcome to the forum where your wallet goes to die. Glad you have joined and looking forward to your posts.
    No crap. Since lurking over the last month I learned I needed a MiniMax and a tons of new accessories. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Welcome 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    YukonRon said:
    No crap. Since lurking over the last month I learned I needed a MiniMax and a tons of new accessories. 
    We're here to help, 
    You spend your $$$  =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • RRP said:
    RRP said:
    Welcome late comer! 

Again…Welcome! 

Well I googled it. Then lurked for a while after learning new tips and tricks I decided to join. 
    Thanks for your feedback. I am told that FB has a BGE forum that is huge and quite popular.  I’m in the .000001% of the world who isn’t on FB so I don’t know if that is true!
    Yeah, I quit FB when they started going political and censoring. 
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    Welcome late comer! 

Again…Welcome! 

Thanks for your feedback. I am told that FB has a BGE forum that is huge and quite popular.  I’m in the .000001% of the world who isn’t on FB so I don’t know if that is true!
    Just wait till you post something here with a conservative view.  Put your armor on!

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    Welcome late comer! 

Again…Welcome! 

Have you heard about 8chan?  I hear they don’t censor anyone or anything over there.  

Anyway, welcome to the forum!  We look forward to seeing some pics of your cooks!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    You make this sound like a cult. Ron.  

Is it?
    What are you trying to do… ruin the forum?
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    edited July 2021
    Not so much a cult, just cult-ish….albeit an expensive one
  • Powak
    Powak Posts: 1,391

Is it?
    What are you trying to do… ruin the forum?
    Naw if it was a cult there’d be one XXL that we’d all eat from and that’s it. No individual egg ownership.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Welcome aboard.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984

Is it?
    Yes, Carey. Yes it is.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    YukonRon said:

Is it?
    Yes, Carey. Yes it is.
    Thought so. 

I'M OUTTA HERE!

YukonRon said:

Is it?
    Yes, Carey. Yes it is.
    Thought so. 

I'M OUTTA HERE!

Heading to the campground the BGE cult heads to annually?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    YukonRon said:

Is it?
    Yes, Carey. Yes it is.
    Thought so. 

I'M OUTTA HERE!

Welp, there goes the official BGE endorsement of Brisket Camp…
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Just kidding.   I'm still here.
    Welcome!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    You have no idea. The cheapest aspect of owning a BGE is the initial purchase price.

How many freezers do you own? Just go ahead and install a walk-in. Landscaping, remodeling are in your future. Got a food saver yet? New knives? Slicer? Rolls of butcher paper? Aluminum pans, Aluminum foil. Lump, skids of lump, torches to light your eggs. Outdoor sound system, out door video, new deck, new outdoor furniture, requiring second landscaping and remodeling. Coolers, bourbon selection, wine selection, wine fridge, outdoor lighting, tumblers, herb grinders, cast Iron, rubs, sauces, peels, temperature controllers, insta-read thermometers, thermal gloves, IR heat reading guns, smoking wood, outdoor, kitchen requiring more landscaping, outdoor furniture, lighting, sound, video, electrical, plumbing, outdoor appliances, ceiling fans, remodeling again to make all this work, Blackstone griddles, spatulas scrapers for the griddle, SPOG, EVOO, various oils, and the other thousands of items I forgot.

College for your children and a comfortable retirement, are extremely overrated. Keep your eye on being the greeter at WalMart, it is a career, you can do into your early 80’s providing liver disease, diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol does not get you first.

it is Wallet Genocide. It is so worth it. Welcome to the “Big Green” (coincidence? I think not) Egghead forum. 
    My other hobby is cycling. It’s just as bad.
  • JohnInCarolina
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    You have no idea. The cheapest aspect of owning a BGE is the initial purchase price.

How many freezers do you own? Just go ahead and install a walk-in. Landscaping, remodeling are in your future. Got a food saver yet? New knives? Slicer? Rolls of butcher paper? Aluminum pans, Aluminum foil. Lump, skids of lump, torches to light your eggs. Outdoor sound system, out door video, new deck, new outdoor furniture, requiring second landscaping and remodeling. Coolers, bourbon selection, wine selection, wine fridge, outdoor lighting, tumblers, herb grinders, cast Iron, rubs, sauces, peels, temperature controllers, insta-read thermometers, thermal gloves, IR heat reading guns, smoking wood, outdoor, kitchen requiring more landscaping, outdoor furniture, lighting, sound, video, electrical, plumbing, outdoor appliances, ceiling fans, remodeling again to make all this work, Blackstone griddles, spatulas scrapers for the griddle, SPOG, EVOO, various oils, and the other thousands of items I forgot.

College for your children and a comfortable retirement, are extremely overrated. Keep your eye on being the greeter at WalMart, it is a career, you can do into your early 80’s providing liver disease, diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol does not get you first.

it is Wallet Genocide. It is so worth it. Welcome to the “Big Green” (coincidence? I think not) Egghead forum. 
    My other hobby is cycling. It’s just as bad.