Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    poster said:

"Emeril's Favorite Cabbage | Emerils.com" https://www.emerils.com/126538/emerils-favorite-cabbage

That reminds me of this recipe, which is a favorite of mine. Is yours close?
    Very similar except I use vinegar instead of beer and closer to a pound of bacon, drained all fat and replaced with EVOO and garlic butter plus a ton of fresh garlic and some ground lemon grass.  Also a dash of very expensive sherry vinegar.
    SciAggie said:
    I’ve got a couple of weeks of cooks to catch up on. I’ve been busy with a new pup…
    Here’s tonight’s cook. Tri-tip w/black eyed pea salsa, and roasted potatoes. 
    Here’s the mutt too. Her name is Rio. 

Is that a dill sauce with the taters? Cute pup. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

Leg quarters in Peruvian marinade.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Acn said:

Lamb t-bones I presume? Enjoy!
    Yep, lamb loin chops from Costco.  They were tasty!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @SciAggie it’s as if she’s drooling at the sight of that plate. I know I am. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @caliking Cashews instead of pine nuts? Plate looks delicious. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @Battleborn Actually just a bit of leftover blue cheese dressing. That’s chives you see most likely. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Eggplant is coming in in the garden so Eggplant Parm tonight with meatballs. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • caliking said:
     Not much of a plated shot, but this was a hit- SV panko  and herb crusted rack of lamb. Basil and cashew pesto pasta. ‘Maters from the garden. 

Beautiful, beautiful plate. What time shall I show my ugly mug?
  • garthb4903
    garthb4903 Posts: 115
    Pizza! 
    L, M, MM "These pretzels are making me thirsty"
  • caliking
    SciAggie said:
    @caliking Cashews instead of pine nuts? Plate looks delicious. 
    Yes. I only seem to have stale pine nuts in the pantry, at any given time.  But, we always have raw/unroasted cashews on hand. They taste very similar to pine nuts. Worked out well as a sub. 

• caliking
    GrateEggspectations said: Beautiful, beautiful plate. What time shall I show my ugly mug?
    :) Any time! 

This is our go to for lamb, now. Easy delicious cook, and pretty quick to put together. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    caliking said:
     Not much of a plated shot, but this was a hit- SV panko  and herb crusted rack of lamb. Basil and cashew pesto pasta. ‘Maters from the garden. 

One chop, I call BS.

Damn that’s a nice plate though.
  • caliking
    Legume said:
    caliking said:

One chop, I call BS.

Damn that’s a nice plate though.
    It was an attempt at portion control. But, I succumbed and got seconds :) .

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    cranked out some dinner for my helpers
    ^^^^^ great pic enhancement with the fork placement  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    caliking said:
    Breakfast taco extraordinaire!

That’s more like a burrito with not enough tortilla.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @johnmitchell - you crushed that meal.  Dang!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    @johnmitchell  That is eating well.  Nice!
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • caliking
    That's a great looking meal @Battleborn

And, diamond plate FTW!! :)