Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    lousubcap said:
    @Foghorn - Great colour and finish on those.  I'll bet you achieved your objective of making those the star of the party.
    @lousubcap, only in my mind apparently.

It was clear that we cooked way too much food and in an effort to figure out what we can omit next year I asked a bunch of people what was their favorite.  None of them said it was the chicken.  The skin was a little tough but the meat was phenomenal.  As for the skin, it seems that rubbing and leaving them in a cooler for 2 days in open ziplock bags isn't as good as leaving them out in a refrigerator.  I just didn't have room for 120 thighs in my refrigerator...

The first time I did this I only had 30 and fit them in my refrigerator - and got the skin I was looking for.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    CPFC1905 said:
    Grand day out yesterday at BBQ school. 
    For UK Egg-ers it was Hoggy's in Rutland with Ashes hero Matthew Hoggard.

Not in the pictures are the king prawns on flatbread that we made as a starter. They followed honey-rub bacon rolled on skewers as the amuse bouche. 

Reverse sear & caveman sirloin, plancha'd sea-bass, smoked chicken, charred pepper, garlic mushrooms, hasselbacks & samphire.  We did grilled peach in Maderia sauce with cinnamon mascarpone for dessert. 

Truly excellent day out, except the BGE's were red - which was weird.

That looks like an awesome day @CPFC.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Foghorn said:
    lousubcap said:
    @Foghorn - Great colour and finish on those.  I'll bet you achieved your objective of making those the star of the party.

It was clear that we cooked way too much food and in an effort to figure out what we can omit next year I asked a bunch of people what was their favorite.  None of them said it was the chicken.  The skin was a little tough but the meat was phenomenal.  As for the skin, it seems that rubbing and leaving them in a cooler for 2 days in open ziplock bags isn't as good as leaving them out in a refrigerator.  I just didn't have room for 120 thighs in my refrigerator...

The first time I did this I only had 30 and fit them in my refrigerator - and got the skin I was looking for.
    @Foghorn - air drying won't deliver that drying effect you get from the fridge as you note.  Nevertheless, quite an undertaking and I'm sure much appreciated across the board.  Until the next time.
    Be well-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Pulling my hair out trying to troubleshoot these VoIP phones.  The vendor says its something on my network.  My network in the office/store is very simple.  I own my Netgear Cable modem, an umnanaged POE Siwtch, and a Netgear router.  Going to replace the router next.  I've been reading of serveral NAT keepalive issues with the Netgears.  May go to Best buy and snag a Linksys.

I have 3 phones that should ring when the incoming number rings.  It is random.  Sometimes all 3 phones ring, sometimes 2 or 1, and some of the time no phones ring and a voicemail pops up in the email inbox. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381

Swmbo made me go to a baby shower with her. 
    Turned out pretty good
    I agree, that’s a stout collection. Hopefully you got to sample a few pours. That Kentucky Owl on the bottom shelf is some good stuff 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    ColbyLang said:

Swmbo made me go to a baby shower with her. 
    Turned out pretty good
    I agree, that’s a stout collection. Hopefully you got to sample a few pours. That Kentucky Owl on the bottom shelf is some good stuff 
    We did! He has some pretty good sources. That was one of 8 wall units stocked like that and I will not hesitate on anymore of those invites.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    kl8ton said:
    I have 3 phones that should ring when the incoming number rings.  It is random.  Sometimes all 3 phones ring, sometimes 2 or 1, and some of the time no phones ring and a voicemail pops up in the email inbox. 
    hate those kinds of issues.

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Botch said:
    Hot morning mowing the lawn, looking forward to a shower.  Took off my shoes, then my t-shirt, then spent the next 20 or so frantic seconds trying to kill a spider on my shirt.
    Finally realized it was an asterisk*.  Printed on the front.   :|  
    I hope your curtains were shut.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    @Botch          :open_mouth:    =)

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Foghorn said:
    lousubcap said:

I just leave them on the counter for an hour before cooking, skin up with salt and pepper. Cook off the direct heat skin up then skin down over the direct heat until the skin has a char. While doing that, brush on jerk to the underside, flip, add jerk to the crispy skin then a final flip to cook the jerk into the skin. Works every time.
  • Foghorn
    Thanks @Eoin

San Antonio, TX

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Having a glass of wine watching the end of a very entertaining day of Euro 2020 action.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Went to get the mail and met a friend along the way. Eastern Rat snake. He’s a keeper

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    Given the every day is Saturday lifestyle and messing about with plumbers this AM- spent a few hours enjoying UEFA initial knock-out round matches.  Both went to OT (with each having a team come from two goals down in the final ten minutes of full-time) and France-Swiss made it to PK's.  Lots of scoring (a relative term...) in each.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Yeah @lousubcap, I followed them online as much as I could.  I have them recorded at home.  Looking forward to seeing the highlights.

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    @Foghorn- I will refrain from any further knock-out posts until at least 24 hours post match and by then...
    They were definitely worth it. You are in for some great play especially in the last 10-15 minutes of full-time.  
  • Foghorn
    @lousubcap - please don't hold back.  As I said, I follow the scores on my phone - and when I get home I only watch the highlights based on what is on the internet - so you're not messing anything up for me.  I love the engagement.  Tomorrow's games should also be very fun.  I hope @CPFC1905 has picked out an appropriate beverage to drown his sorrows...

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,865
    ColtsFan said:
    Went to get the mail and met a friend along the way. Eastern Rat snake. He’s a keeper

Yep, they’re your friend for sure.

First time I ever saw one I was down here one morning in NC looking out the back window of our house, trying to figure out why this one tree branch was moving kind of funny.  Realized it was actually a very large black snake apparently climbing a tree and kind of freaked out a little.  Spent a few minutes googling around to eventually learn all about rat snakes.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    Foghorn said:
    @lousubcap - please don't hold back.  As I said, I follow the scores on my phone - and when I get home I only watch the highlights based on what is on the internet - so you're not messing anything up for me.  I love the engagement.  Tomorrow's games should also be very fun.  I hope @CPFC1905 has picked out an appropriate beverage to drown his sorrows...
    Hoping that Southgate is using a different strategy from the group stages.  They played with the brakes on for the last three games. The priority appeared to be confidence building for the back line. 

Choosing young, talented players is a policy I can support as long as match tactics don't stifle them.  

I am unconvinced about Grealish.  He has too much of the school yard show-off about him.  Saka is a real live wire and it's great that Sterling has scored - he's had dogs abuse for years.  Kane has to stay high otherwise there's no aerial threat.  I wonder what the stat is for goals in the tournament from long-balls/counter attacks, got to be high? 

Germany have wobbled and could be unpicked. My very naive opinion is we should push hard and ping the ball in quickly.  Ok - that's basically the only tactical option all English fans recognise.   The squads appear to be of similar ability so confidence and the crowd could be the difference.   
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:
    Hoping that Southgate is using a different strategy from the group stages.  They played with the brakes on for the last three games. The priority appeared to be confidence building for the back line. 

Choosing young, talented players is a policy I can support as long as match tactics don't stifle them.  

I am unconvinced about Grealish.  He has too much of the school yard show-off about him.  Saka is a real live wire and it's great that Sterling has scored - he's had dogs abuse for years.  Kane has to stay high otherwise there's no aerial threat.  I wonder what the stat is for goals in the tournament from long-balls/counter attacks, got to be high? 

Germany have wobbled and could be unpicked. My very naive opinion is we should push hard and ping the ball in quickly.  Ok - that's basically the only tactical option all English fans recognise.   The squads appear to be of similar ability so confidence and the crowd could be the difference.   

I never understand Kane when he plays for England.  He's supposed to be a striker, but runs around the pitch trying to do everything.  Look at how Ronaldo plays for Portugal - he stays high, because it's his job to score. England have plenty of pace out wide and through the middle.  If Kane stays high, they have options to get the ball in to him and also to use him to make space for runners. My one take would be telling Kane to act like a striker and let the rest of the team play around that.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:

I never understand Kane when he plays for England.  He's supposed to be a striker, but runs around the pitch trying to do everything.  Look at how Ronaldo plays for Portugal - he stays high, because it's his job to score. England have plenty of pace out wide and through the middle.  If Kane stays high, they have options to get the ball in to him and also to use him to make space for runners. My one take would be telling Kane to act like a striker and let the rest of the team play around that.
    Remember when Roy had him on corners?
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Remember when Roy had him on corners?
    Doh!
  • ColbyLang
    Bringing my pickup to the dealership. Entire Intelli-link system acting up. Shouldn’t be. Won’t be a cheap fix
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    Bringing my pickup to the dealership. Entire Intelli-link system acting up. Shouldn’t be. Won’t be a cheap fix
    Bent pushrod in the #6 cylinder and a blown system. Now we’re having fun. Top end job can’t be done for 2 weeks. All on a vehicle with less than 36,000 miles
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,865
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Bent pushrod in the #6 cylinder and a blown system. Now we’re having fun. Top end job can’t be done for 2 weeks. All on a vehicle with less than 36,000 miles
    🤦🏻‍♂️
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Yikes. What model truck?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited June 2021
    SonVolt said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Yikes. What model truck?
    Silverado/Sierra/Canyon/Colorado possibly with him mentioning Intelllink and pickup. Just a guess...
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota