Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Foghorn @nolaegghead
    Going to eat all you can eat catfish 👍
    Of course you are @SGH.  It's Thursday!  It seems that AJ McC is a fan of catfish too.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    I took receipt of 5 briskets, 6 pork shoulders, and 121 chicken thighs.  Got the chicken rubbed and back in the cooler in preparation for a gathering on Saturday.  Will probably follow with some pics.  Might make a separate thread.  We'll see.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I took receipt of 5 briskets, 6 pork shoulders, and 121 chicken thighs.  Got the chicken rubbed and back in the cooler in preparation for a gathering on Saturday.  Will probably follow with some pics.  Might make a separate thread.  We'll see.  
    Beauty !!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    And peach pork shoulders - modified from @YukonRon’s recipe.  Thank you.  
    Bravo!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @ColtsFan - Livin' large right there.  Nice score!  Better to be lucky than good.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Local butcher shop score this morning. Miyazaki A5

Standing by for the journey on that bad boy.  Great score
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options

Options
    @Foghorn , props for the amazing cook, lot of effort to pull that off!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Thanks @lkapigian.  It’s not done yet. My goal is actually for the chicken to be the star of the show. 😀

San Antonio, TX

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Watching some cricket, Dom opening today chasing 180.

• Foghorn
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Dom opening today chasing 180.

What language is that?

San Antonio, TX

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    My goal is actually for the chicken to be the star of the show. 😀
    I can relate to this. When done properly, I like grilled/smoked chicken halves about as good as anything 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @Foghorn
    What are you cooking? Whole, halves, quarters or parts?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Foghorn
    Options
    @SGH,

Bone in chicken thighs.  Modified a competition recipe I learned from a book I bought a while back from Chatham Artillery completion team.  

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    @SGH,

Bone in chicken thighs.  Modified a competition recipe I learned from a book I bought a while back from Chatham Artillery completion team.  
    These are what I do, im sure they will be a hit....for a cheat and ease I use these so im not dealing with individual pieces ...24 per pan +-

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SGH
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Bone in chicken thighs.  
    Looking forward to seeing them 👍

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Foghorn
    This will probably come as a surprise, but I’m getting ready to go eat all you can eat catfish 👍

Status- Standing by.

• Foghorn
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Foghorn
    This will probably come as a surprise, but I’m getting ready to go eat all you can eat catfish 👍
    I’m flabbergasted.  

San Antonio, TX

• SGH
    Options
    @Foghorn
    Where is the chicken pics?

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Foghorn

Where's the catfish money shot?
    Options
    About half way there installing the mid-drive electric system on my cargo bike.  I don't have the right tool to remove the old bottom bracket, so I'm shamefully heading to a bike shop to get them to do it.  :|

Can't wait to get this suckah on the road!
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Foghorn

Stand by just a little longer 👍

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    @Foghorn

Stand by just a little longer 👍
    *burp* --standing by with bells on...hurry up, I have things to do!