Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    @foghorn - don’t forget City has an American too!  Pulisic is far more likely than Steffen to play in the final, but we’ll get a second either way.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Touché @Acn.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Blowing the diet today. I love these things. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    Foghorn said:
    Yes, @CPFC1905.  I was hoping for at least a page of detailed analysis of tomorrow's Champions League final.  Including a description of how Christian Pulisic could become the 2nd American to play on a championship team, behind Jovan Kirovski (WHO???) who helped Borussia Dortmund win in 1997 (note: He did not play in the final, but I guess he was on their roster and played in some of their games in the Champions League that year)... and how, if Chelsea had won the FA Cup, he would have been the 3rd American to do that - after Julian Sturgis in 1873 (WHAT???) and Kasey Keller in 1997.

Sturgis was apparently born in Boston and moved to the UK at 7 months of age.  Educated at Eton and Oxford he played football for the Wanderers Football Club before a career as barrister, novelist, and writer of opera librettos - including "Ivanhoe".

Oh yeah, and rather than sitting back and second-guessing your prediction in my usual chicken-$hit manner, I'll go out on a limb and predict Man City's sheikh will finally get his payoff at the expense of the Russian billionaire with a 2-1 win - although 1-0 seems just as likely as cup finals tend to be tight, tense affairs with relatively little free-flowing football.  On multiple levels, this is not the game for the fair weather fan as it is unlikely to draw them in any further.  When it's 0-0 at the half and there have been only 1 or 2 real shots at goal most will change channels when they have to watch the first commercial after 45 minutes.  If that doesn't do it, the "Halftime highlights" that show a couple of near misses will do many of the rest in.

(This isn't as long as your usual contribution nor nearly as humorous, but I'm more of an "inform and educate" type and not that funny - in writing at least.  Hopefully, whoever usually flags your weekly post will do me the same honor)

You're welcome.   =)
    I reckon you're bob on there fella.  
    How is the mood and sentiment with @Foghorn junior after Ole's most recent near-miss?
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:
    Yes, @CPFC1905.  I was hoping for at least a page of detailed analysis of tomorrow's Champions League final.  Including a description of how Christian Pulisic could become the 2nd American to play on a championship team, behind Jovan Kirovski (WHO???) who helped Borussia Dortmund win in 1997 (note: He did not play in the final, but I guess he was on their roster and played in some of their games in the Champions League that year)... and how, if Chelsea had won the FA Cup, he would have been the 3rd American to do that - after Julian Sturgis in 1873 (WHAT???) and Kasey Keller in 1997.

Sturgis was apparently born in Boston and moved to the UK at 7 months of age.  Educated at Eton and Oxford he played football for the Wanderers Football Club before a career as barrister, novelist, and writer of opera librettos - including "Ivanhoe".

Oh yeah, and rather than sitting back and second-guessing your prediction in my usual chicken-$hit manner, I'll go out on a limb and predict Man City's sheikh will finally get his payoff at the expense of the Russian billionaire with a 2-1 win - although 1-0 seems just as likely as cup finals tend to be tight, tense affairs with relatively little free-flowing football.  On multiple levels, this is not the game for the fair weather fan as it is unlikely to draw them in any further.  When it's 0-0 at the half and there have been only 1 or 2 real shots at goal most will change channels when they have to watch the first commercial after 45 minutes.  If that doesn't do it, the "Halftime highlights" that show a couple of near misses will do many of the rest in.

(This isn't as long as your usual contribution nor nearly as humorous, but I'm more of an "inform and educate" type and not that funny - in writing at least.  Hopefully, whoever usually flags your weekly post will do me the same honor)

You're welcome.   =)
    How is the mood and sentiment with @Foghorn junior after Ole's most recent near-miss?
    He’s OK. He’s learned that sport sometimes involves heartbreak.  I made him watch the highlights and the entire penalty shootout just to drive that point home.  If you’re going to be a fan you have to own it. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    Foghorn said:
    CPFC1905 said:

He’s OK. He’s learned that sport sometimes involves heartbreak.  I made him watch the highlights and the entire penalty shootout just to drive that point home.  If you’re going to be a fan you have to own it. 
    Good work.  100% my approach to parenting too.
  • SGH said:
    Blowing the diet today. I love these things. 

If there’s one thing I know about you, it’s that you love a good blowout. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    CPFC1905 said:
    @Foghorn  
    Feels a it weird today.... something missing???
    You have a whole CPFC manager / squad rebuild topic to post about over the summer.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Eoin said:
    I made some chipotles in adobo, or as near as I can get with available chillies.

These were quite fleshy, so I slit them for smoking with hickory. Managed to keep the XL 180-200 F for most of the smoke. A quick roast in the oven then reconstituted in hot water. I made the sauce with some of the chillies blended and cooked the lot, seasoned and into a jar.

Bombdiggity!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Foghorn
    Eoin said:
    I made some chipotles in adobo, or as near as I can get with availablei chillies.

These were quite fleshy, so I slit them for smoking with hickory. Managed to keep the XL 180-200 F for most of the smoke. A quick roast in the oven then reconstituted in hot water. I made the sauce with some of the chillies blended and cooked the lot, seasoned and into a jar.

Dude.  That’s next level stuff. 

San Antonio, TX

• Billy Bush
    Billy Bush Posts: 4
    Trying to find a new hinge assembly for my large egg......from a place that actually has one and doesn’t sell you one AND THEN tell you it’s back ordered. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Trying to find a new hinge assembly for my large egg......from a place that actually has one and doesn’t sell you one AND THEN tell you it’s back ordered. 
    @Legume might have one laying around 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:

You're welcome.   =)
    Maybe not then....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @lkapigian - as well you should feel remorse about chopping that brisket especially in such close proximity to National Brisket Day.  B)  Great bark right there even on the butts.  Your catering gig crowd is gonna be eating well.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    lousubcap said:
    @lkapigian - as well you should feel remorse about chopping that brisket especially in such close proximity to National Brisket Day.  B)  Great bark right there even on the butts.  Your catering gig crowd is gonna be eating well.  
    Thanks Cap!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    lkapigian said:
    Pork and Brisket Tacos on Deck ...almost hated to chop the brisket 
    Don’t hate it brother. Good is good. I love a chopped brisket sandwich and/or tacos. I would gladly chop it with a smile on my face. 
    On a separate note, great looking grub 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited May 2021

• Looks like a great time. The only thing you’re missing is Frank. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Dang  @nolaegghead - my invite musta gotten lost  =).  Great way to celebrate National Brisket Day and beyond!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @lousubcap Zack asked me if I'd boil and smoke a brisket if he bought all the food.  He had his fiancé's family visiting nola for the first time (from Ohio). 

That brisket was in my top 5.  I threw a little mesquite in the smoker for the first time in eons and it added just the right je ne sais quoi to the flavor.