Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    You can hide threads....I hid the annoying buffalo sticker thread.  Don't remember how tho.

The Buffalo threads that can be dismissed have a special mouseover option (Dismiss) not available on user created threads.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• abtaylor260
    abtaylor260 Posts: 242
    Options
    mr toad said:
    Shripm looks great = Please help me unscribe from this thread - the star at the top right is unchecked

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    My fave wang recipe. Worth trying, all you garlic lovers. You just have to double or triple the amount called for (looking at you, @caliking):)

https://www.theendlessmeal.com/sweet-and-sticky-honey-garlic-chicken-wings/

I doctored it up a little. Maple syrup instead of honey (I AM Canadian) and some corn starch to help it crisp. And as mentioned, extra garlic, dagnabbit!!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @caliking: Still pining to make your goat recipe, btw. It will happen, and thanks again!
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    We have been doin what Mrs3969 calls “Wine Wednesday” where a few friends come over and drink her excess wine and me and my buddy drink a few beers.  I get to cook appetizers for the event.  

Tonight’s was chicken pinwheels with a honey/soy glaze and caprese mushrooms   

Only pics I got but the chicken was on the mini and the shrooms on the small.  

That looks amazing! I’m not a mushroom guy, but LadyBorn is, and she loves herself some caprese salad. Seems like a natural pairing for her. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Grilled Chicken Sammies. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Dude... those look fantastic. Thanks for the recipe link. And, yeah... 1 clove garlic/lb of chic wings is indeed homeopathic. 

Also, if you haven’t already, sub maple syrup for simple syrup in whiskey sours. You won’t regret it. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Options
    @Mattman3969 - I gotta try those caprese ‘shrooms. I have a feeling they would go down very well on this side. 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @caliking - I’m bettin that the queen and the prince would enjoy them. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    I had these chef'd for me

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    caliking said:
    Dude... those look fantastic. Thanks for the recipe link. And, yeah... 1 clove garlic/lb of chic wings is indeed homeopathic. 

Also, if you haven’t already, sub maple syrup for simple syrup in whiskey sours. You won’t regret it. 
    Thanks for the good suggestion. Whiskey sours are my favourite cocktail. 
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    Peer pressure 

Yep, that’s good!
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    Peer pressure 

Yep, that’s good!
    You’re allowed to do that outside of Canada?!
  • buzzvol
    Options
    Probably not, but I’m a rebel.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Jerk shrimp with rice and veggies.   It turned out ok.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    Peer pressure 

Yep, that’s good!
    Is that supposed to be a Canadian Mist knock-off?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • buzzvol
    Options
    The whiskey?  I don’t know, it was a gift.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Been busy the recently with the end of the school year. Last night I decided to catch up because I was about 70-something posts behind. As always there are some great cooks posted here.
    I hope y'all got that toad taken care of...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2021
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    The whiskey?  I don’t know, it was a gift.
    It was a joke that fell flat, sorry.  I was talking about the mixed drink.  I have a friend who does sprite, Canadian Mist, and lemon.  That whiskey is most definitely not CM knock-off and is a very nice gift.
  • caliking
    Options
    Tonight’s chicken..... Skin was incredible. 

Can't recall who posted that cook before, but it looks deelish.

Time and temp?

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,296
    edited May 2021
    Options
    caliking said:

Can't recall who posted that cook before, but it looks deelish.

Time and temp?
    Thanks, my man! I really doubt you’ve seen it elsewhere. It’s a family recipe that has been passed down through the generations. 

This is a H&S cook (high and slow). Set the wings as high as you can in the dome and cook at 400 for 4 hours. (Edit: Wifey was making me endless G&Ts during the cook though, so I may have lost track of time.)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Acn said:

Chorizo hash with fried eggs.
    Yes please!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Stolen valor!

"Reporting Stolen Valor | National Archives" https://www.archives.gov/oig/stolen-valor