Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• Boatbuilder
    Options
    T- bones and sweet corn.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Welcome aboard @Boatbuilder.  Got any pics of the T-bones and corn?  Or at least the T-bones.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    Options
    Breakfast for dinner

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    @Boatbuilder - welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    That is quite a banquet right there.  Whomever set that up knew what they were doing.
    An endorsement from @SciAggie is high praise indeed.
    Great eats.  Enjoy the remainder of the weekend.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    4TheGrillOfIt Posts: 741
    Options
    In recognition of the Friday Zoom/Speakeasy grand finale - a few chargrilled oysters.  

And the end-game:

These were da-n good.  Getting closer to the Drago's holy grail.  Gotta love the chase. 
    Thanks for lookin'.
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    I want that!
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Foghorn - A true epicurean feast right there.  There are gonna be some extremely happy recipients enjoying that spread.  Always delivering the goods and encouragement to those on the other side.  
    FWIW- my invite never arrived   =).
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Thanks @lousubcap.  The briskets are for Monday.  The rest is for today.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @Foghorn I’m disappointed that you didn’t cook more shrimp.

FogSpawn2 must not be home...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    He’s here.  But he has a gimp hand.  

The shrimp didn’t turn out very good.  Temp was too low.  Shrimp got over cooked before the bacon was done. 350-375 is the sweet spot.  

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    Finish line.  

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    Options
    Foghorn said:

The shrimp didn’t turn out very good.  Temp was too low.  Shrimp got over cooked before the bacon was done. 350-375 is the sweet spot.  
    Which is why the shrimp didn’t bang. Hope he’s  on the mend, because his hands are the reason why that shrimp rocks. 

Just kidding, of course. That’s an impressive load of grub you turned out. 

• Foghorn
    edited May 2021
    Options
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:

Which is why the shrimp didn’t bang. Hope he’s  on the mend, because his hands are the reason why that shrimp rocks. 

I know.  But you’re probably right.  He helped put them together but didn’t help execute the cook.  I have nobody but myself to blame.  

I tried blaming “Anesthesia” once at home.  That didn’t go over very well. 

San Antonio, TX

• FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @Foghorn who’s “anesthesia”? I could see how she could get you in trouble.... ;)=)
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
  • Terpderpitude
    Terpderpitude Posts: 200
    Options
    Lit said:

Way to pair that with... ginger ale.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Foghorn It’s a simple axiom when dealing with a spouse. “You are wrong.”  I’d think you would know that by now. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:

Way to pair that with... ginger ale.
    Damn you trolled me good. Have a good memorial day. 
  • caliking
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:

I know.  But you’re probably right.  He helped put them together but didn’t help execute the cook.  I have nobody but myself to blame.  

OAFAT! :rofl:

"As a married man, you can either be right,  or happy. You can't be both".

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Beef ribs with hot and spicy mustard greens seasoned with smoked turkey legs.   It turned out ok.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• caliking
    Options
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:

OAFAT! :rofl:

"As a married man, you can either be right,  or happy. You can't be both".
    For those not in the know, OAFAT= Obligatory Anesthesia F*ck Around Time.

Basically, the reason why most surgical procedures are delayed. 

Yes, I will *duck*  now...