Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    Loitering just off 30E

Lawrenceville, GA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    @buzzvol, that's a pretty part of Florida that I didn't know existed when I lived in Central Florida.  As I'm always trying to learn more about my home state - what's your favorite area there?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Botch said:
    Wondering about a new ad on Farcebook that's claiming:
    "Alexa can now detect the sound of smoke alarms and glass breaking. (Enable Guard now)."
    Could someone explain to me how, after five years or so of Bezosebub promising us that Alexa "isn't listening" until She hears her name, She could possibly do that?

It is the devil's work.
  • EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 381
    Options
    Back in the office for the first time in 14 months.  So instead of wasting time on the forum at home, I'm wasting time on the forum in the office.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,516
    Options
    Back in the office for the first time in 14 months.  So instead of wasting time on the forum at home, I'm wasting time on the forum in the office.
    Yeah, and now you can't cut your grass in between business meetings. I'm all for working at home permanently!
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • buzzvol
    Options
    @Foghorn, we like a quieter type beach.  Some people would be boarded pretty quickly- if I eventually get board, then we are doing it right.  This is our first time at Cape San Blas - seems great a half a day in.  We have enjoyed a couple of visits to St George Island previously.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    @Foghorn, we like a quieter type beach.  Some people would be boarded pretty quickly- if I eventually get board, then we are doing it right.  This is our first time at Cape San Blas - seems great a half a day in.  We have enjoyed a couple of visits to St George Island previously.
    That's very cool.  I can vacation like that.  SWMBO gets bored in about an hour and starts planning day trips so we can leave the beautiful secluded place we worked so hard to select and get to...

And I've never been to Cape San Blas or St. George Island.  I'll put them on the list.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• buzzvol
    Options
    Waiting on the storm 
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 381
    Options
    Yeah, and now you can't cut your grass in between business meetings. I'm all for working at home permanently!
    I'm going back 50%, so still have Tue/Thu and Fri afternoons to get the mowing in.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    Just read a story about a guy who our squad arrested yesterday for arson killed a guy in jail last night. Meth is a hell of a drug. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    Starting project to transform noah's ark into Montreal smoked meat

Sprinkled 50% of each spice individually on each side

Mummified

To be flipped daily for ten days, rinsed, soaked, recoat with spices, smoked, steamed.
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options
    I had a dream last night where I was teaching in Karachi and had this thought “oh I should tell everyone on this forum that I’m in Pakistan!”

It’s possible there’s something seriously wrong with me.
    I assume you are fluent in Urdu?

For many, many years, my grandmother owned a house in Karachi and spent nearly half of every year there. The photos and stories were incredible. 
    Nowhere close to fluent in Urdu, but I have been to Karachi as it happens.  My father and I visited when I was a sophomore in college.  A bit of a long story why we did that, but it was a formative experience and not one I’ll ever forget.
    What’s with you being flagged on every post within minutes of posting?

Someone leads a very sad existence, apparently.
    It is actually Vanilla code @The_Buffalo wrote.  Probably forgot they turned it on.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Botch said:
    Wondering about a new ad on Farcebook that's claiming:
    "Alexa can now detect the sound of smoke alarms and glass breaking. (Enable Guard now)."
    Could someone explain to me how, after five years or so of Bezosebub promising us that Alexa "isn't listening" until She hears her name, She could possibly do that?
    It is new Fire Alarm code Bezos is lobbying to make law.  Fire alarm will be required to say, "Alexa, Fire" then start squaking.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    Migrating a local file server to Sharepoint. It's been going for 3 weeks now and I still have 300 GB to push to the cloud.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    looking at my electric meter, its not spinning
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options

#Winning
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Migrating a local file server to Sharepoint. It's been going for 3 weeks now and I still have 300 GB to push to the cloud.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

#Winning

0 kwh, i think they will find that if i dont call... theres a customer fee due of 7 bucks just to be their customer   wth
    fukahwee maine

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

#Winning

0 kwh, i think they will find that if i dont call... theres a customer fee due of 7 bucks just to be their customer   wth
    I have s new panel that was set up by power company last year to upgrade campsites.  I haven't drawn 1KwH off it yet, but it is still $30 a month.  They also send a guy out to look at it frequently because there must be something wrong with it.  Every time he comes, i explain that we haven't hooked up to it yet.  He proceeds to sit by it in his truck for an hour making a report.  I think my $30 per month pays him to sit there and write a report about nothing.  This will end soon.  We are firing it up this week.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    ColtsFan said:

#Winning

I have s new panel that was set up by power company last year to upgrade campsites.  I haven't drawn 1KwH off it yet, but it is still $30 a month.  They also send a guy out to look at it frequently because there must be something wrong with it.  Every time he comes, i explain that we haven't hooked up to it yet.  He proceeds to sit by it in his truck for an hour making a report.  I think my $30 per month pays him to sit there and write a report about nothing.  This will end soon.  We are firing it up this week.

with it sitting at 0 kwh the list of fees and taxes and what not disappears and the monthly customer charge just stands out and glares at you
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    bucky925 said:

second transfusion in as many weeks.   Getting old is NOT for wimps!
    I really wish someone would have told me how much getting old sucks, because I never would have agreed to it!

Hope all is well otherwise, my friend.  
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited May 2021
    Options

Guy shows up to Zoom court meeting with the username BUTTFUCKER 3000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH3Y_4wc0Ng&t=1s&ab_channel=Anon
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    buttfucker0-buttfucker2999 were taken.
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH3Y_4wc0Ng

I'm pretty sure Nathaniel had made an appearance to one of the Friday Night Zoom sessions.  Nathaniel, wherever you are - my apologies.  
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Guy shows up to Zoom court meeting with the username BUTTFUCKER 3000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH3Y_4wc0Ng&t=1s&ab_channel=Anon
    Haha, I almost pissed myself watching that laughing so hard

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    SRF gold wagyu sirloin.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    We managed to get our oldest (14) signed up to receive a first shot of the Pfizer vaccine this afternoon.  She is excited to be vaccinated and enter the summer with perhaps a bit more freedom to interact with friends than she's had in more than a year.  

How does the allocation work? Here it's strictly age downwards unless medical worker or some existing condition.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @Eoin They are about to open up the Pfizer to 12 years and up next week.  Right now it is 16 and up.  Here in Midland, it's pretty much anyone within the age requirements are getting their shots.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE