Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    I have a pretty good story involving public nudity, heaving drinking, fighting with Frat boys, ejection from a bar on Bourbon Street and losing truck the next day but it isn't appropriate for a public forum.
    Brisket Camp?
    Mardi Gras 24 years ago....

Options
    Kayak said:
    Daddy daycare today, little man wanted pancakes.  I was looking for an excuse to not get started on work anyways.

That's my kind of syrup application. By the way, it's not called 'daddy daycare' when it's yours. It's called 'parenting'😗
    We refer to it as PPOD, preferred parent on duty.  He’s a good about self entertaining, he will get some tv time when I hit conference calls later this morning, but otherwise there has been a car race, a soccer match, and now trying his hand as a train engineer so far this morning.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Agree on the syrup application.  I've always thought that pancakes should be served in a bowl...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Come live in Las Vegas they said. It will be fun they said. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,662
    Options
    No they said “come to Vegas for the weekend it will be fun”
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Cookin Ribs

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    losing my mind right now trying to coordinate PGP encrypted scheduled data dump through a sftp site with a 3rd party.

Our worst enemy:  ourselves.
    Options
    I here that’s pretty good privacy 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Just grilled some hotdogs

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,489
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Today was my first, and last, experience with Lyft. Took the car in for its 20K Mx, they told me it would be an oil change and 20-pt check when I made the appt. Brought a magazine to read. Dealership told me, no, the 30K is short, the 20K is about 4 hours, did I want a shuttle home, then have them pick me up? Sure. Lyft driver showed up in 10 minutes, rode home, no issue.
    Got a text at 1300, car was done & being washed, got another text at 1302, Lyft driver was Jeff and be there in 10. 1312, text says I'm here! Nobody on my street. Series of texts saying, "I'm here!" "I'm waiting" "I don't have your number so can't call you". Saw a number to call the Lyft Mothership, robot instructs me to input my "Authorized Phone Number". "I'm sorry, we don't recognize that number, please use the number you gave us".
    I was.
    After a few more single-sided exchanges, I called the dealership. "Do you have the driver's number?" Uhhh. Made a sammich. They called back and said they cancelled the first driver and ordered a second one for me.
    Ten minutes later, "I'm here!" Nobody on my street. A few more texts. Finally, a voice call from the 2nd driver:
    He: "Hi, I'm Steve, I'm in front of your house!"
    Me: "Uh, my street is empty
    He: "Uh, it's a brick house with black shutters"
    Me: "I live in a brick house with no shutters, what's the address you're at?"
    He: looong pause, no response
    Me: "What's the address you're at?"
    He: "I don't know"
    Me. shorter pause, "How did you get to the location you're at?"
    He: looong pause, no response
    Me: "Are you in the Washington Terrace neighborhood?"
    He: (excitement I could feel over the phone) "OH! No. I'm in Hooper!" 

(Hooper is 18 miles away from my location, and opposite of my destination, sorta)

He: "Well, you can give me your address and I’ll come get you."
    Me: "You sure? Its a long ways."
    He: "No problem, just give me your address."
    Me: "I’m at 423…."
    He: "No, you need to cancel this trip and call Lyft. I’m not going to come get you."
    Me: looong pause. “Okay, have a nice day”
    Me: type “taxi service near me” into googlez. First hit, “Yellow Cab”, write number down. Call.
    Me: “I need a ride from Washington Terrace to….”
    New He: “Uh you know we’re only in SLC right? We can come get you but it’ll be over $200…”
    Me: Okay, have a nice day”
    Me: checks outside temperature, and local time. Too hot/far to walk today, set alarm for tomorrow morning.
    (to be continued)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• nolaegghead
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    (^^^Nerd humor, folks) 
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    <grin>  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Pollo on Sourdough Tortilla 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    edited May 2021
    Options
    losing my mind right now trying to coordinate PGP encrypted scheduled data dump through a sftp site with a 3rd party.

Our worst enemy:  ourselves.
    Some regulatory requirement for the SFTP?  If both sides have confidence in their PGP scheme who cares if the file gets grabbed while transferring?
    If the answer to the first question is "yes", nvm.
    *My final gig in IT was NERC-CIP centric, logic was not applicable.   🙂 If encryption during transit is required, FTPS may make life easier.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Just back from a Cinco de Mayo lunch with friends.   I don't think I'm cut out for day drinking. 

Practice makes perfect.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations offered the solution to your concerns.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Caps are not social distancing in the penalty box. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I took on too many projects to start campground season.  Many I've subbed out but sometimes managing subbed out projects ends up taking more time! 

I wanted a thorough tree inspection and trimming on entire property.  About an eighth will get done before memorial day weekend. 

Was going to add sewer and winter water to a bunch of campsites... state is taking months to issue permits.  Tabled until fall... will still push to get permit.   

50 amp power to about 30 more sites... upgrading from 30 amp.  This required NEW service from power company.  I think there is maybe 10 breakers at 225 Amps each in the new box

Moving reception desk in office requiring data and power lines moved. 

Adding more outlets in camp store for more refrigeration/ freezers/ slushie machines,  etc. Another 100 amp service brought in.  

Setting up an office in a room used for storage.  So right now tiny table with my laptop and monitor are set up with crap towering around me. 

Phone system upgrade.  Voip. It's running, just need to set up the map and messages for when people call in. 

Added propane exchange for 20 and 30lb tanks

Trying to get zip line up. 

Hiring people

Updating our app

Website overhaul. 

Seeding dead spots... may just sod.   

Ripping out 1979 pool filtration and disinfectant system and replacing with salt system that's completely automated. Covid delays abound.  Just fired up old system for now and will worry about new system when it all finally gets here.   New sand filter I was told is 36 inches diameter.  Had 32 inch steel door cut out of the concrete wall in preparation.  Now I'm told filter is 39 inches.  They don't make standard steel service doors that big.  I have other limiting factors too. We will see. 

Just got water line ran to pool pump house for an auto fill function that I can't wait to use. 

The administrative work is piling up! 

T minus 22 days until memorial day weekend starts.  

Having a beer

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    I took on too many projects to start campground season.  Many I've subbed out but sometimes managing subbed out projects ends up taking more time! 

I wanted a thorough tree inspection and trimming on entire property.  About an eighth will get done before memorial day weekend. 

Was going to add sewer and winter water to a bunch of campsites... state is taking months to issue permits.  Tabled until fall... will still push to get permit.   

50 amp power to about 30 more sites... upgrading from 30 amp.  This required NEW service from power company.  I think there is maybe 10 breakers at 225 Amps each in the new box

Adding more outlets in camp store for more refrigeration/ freezers/ slushie machines,  etc. Another 100 amp service brought in.  

Setting up an office in a room used for storage.  So right now tiny table with my laptop and monitor are set up with crap towering around me. 

Phone system upgrade.  Voip. It's running, just need to set up the map and messages for when people call in. 

Hiring people

Updating our app

Website overhaul. 

Ripping out 1979 pool filtration and disinfectant system and replacing with salt system that's completely automated. Covid delays abound.  Just fired up old system for now and will worry about new system when it all finally gets here.   New sand filter I was told is 36 inches diameter.  Had 32 inch steel door cut out of the concrete wall in preparation.  Now I'm told filter is 39 inches.  They don't make standard steel service doors that big.  I have other limiting factors too. We will see. 

Just got water line ran to pool pump house for an auto fill function that I can't wait to use. 

Having a beer

Sounds like any sleep you get between now and then will be well earned.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Hiring people

Updating our app

Website overhaul. 

Having a beer

i wouldnt hold my breath for a state permit, ive been waiting 4 years for a permit to cut down about 30 dying pines on one of my properties. they somehow got cut down 2 years ago
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    had the tires rotated for the first time with about 50k on them, a little wear on the fronts but nothing too bad. argue with the mechanic, he says put the best tires on the rears. so whats the purpose of rotating them....they are now rotated for another 50k
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    Options
    had the tires rotated for the first time with about 50k on them, a little wear on the fronts but nothing too bad. argue with the mechanic, he says put the best tires on the rears. so whats the purpose of rotating them....they are now rotated for another 50k
    He is correct.

Options
    Thinking how much I loathe FedEx.  Got a text that they attempted to deliver a package and will try again tomorrow.  Problem with that...my work from home desk looks over the driveway and front lawn.  No truck was there, nobody walked to the door.  The dog did not lose her mind, which she does if there is a knock or the doorbell goes off.

Debating whether or not I want to call and complain.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fishlessman
    Options
    He is correct.

maybe for high speed performance. the only reason these tires are holding up like this is because i hate these tires
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    Options
    He is correct.

maybe for high speed performance. the only reason these tires are holding up like this is because i hate these tires

The short answer is safety for the average driver.  If you have less tread in the front, any hydroplaning will be understeer which is much easier to control than oversteer for an average driver.  Keep in mind hydroplaning is at speed, not when you're crawling down the street at 30 miles per hour.
    Options
    He is correct.

The short answer is safety for the average driver.  If you have less tread in the front, any hydroplaning will be understeer which is much easier to control than oversteer for an average driver.  Keep in mind hydroplaning is at speed, not when you're crawling down the street at 30 miles per hour.

we tend to slow down in the rain, not so much for snow up here. new off road treads this winter.  these kumho's are too hard with no snow tread. falken looks like the only option for this truck with a descent snow tread and the V rating.
    fukahwee maine

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    He is correct.

So basically, you mean they're wrong. Less braking performance is never good in my book and I like the front end to stick not wash out.
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Just grilled some hotdogs

Ketchup on hot dogs for adults is a crime in some states. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius.