Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Acn said:
    Thinking how much I loathe FedEx.  Got a text that they attempted to deliver a package and will try again tomorrow.  Problem with that...my work from home desk looks over the driveway and front lawn.  No truck was there, nobody walked to the door.  The dog did not lose her mind, which she does if there is a knock or the doorbell goes off.

Debating whether or not I want to call and complain.
    @Acn- at a minimum you should make the call for the rest of us.  Besides you will either feel better (less than 50/50) or be even more ticked off.  Let 'em have it.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    @acn, it probably won’t get you anywhere. FedEx delivery drivers are independent contractors. Some with multiple routes and employees. Best of luck 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    lousubcap said:
    Acn said:
    Thinking how much I loathe FedEx.  Got a text that they attempted to deliver a package and will try again tomorrow.  Problem with that...my work from home desk looks over the driveway and front lawn.  No truck was there, nobody walked to the door.  The dog did not lose her mind, which she does if there is a knock or the doorbell goes off.

Debating whether or not I want to call and complain.
    @Acn- at a minimum you should make the call for the rest of us.  Besides you will either feel better (less than 50/50) or be even more ticked off.  Let 'em have it.  
    I did while I was waiting to pick SWMBO Jr after school.  I figure at worst it might increase the chances of getting it tomorrow.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    On my way to the hospital in Hattiesburg. Mom has what is probably a bowel blockage. Juicing up the car in Gulfport right now.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    The doc is going to give her an industrial level enema and then we are going to pick her up..
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Eoin said:
    had the tires rotated for the first time with about 50k on them, a little wear on the fronts but nothing too bad. argue with the mechanic, he says put the best tires on the rears. so whats the purpose of rotating them....they are now rotated for another 50k
    He is correct.

maybe for high speed performance. the only reason these tires are holding up like this is because i hate these tires

The short answer is safety for the average driver.  If you have less tread in the front, any hydroplaning will be understeer which is much easier to control than oversteer for an average driver.  Keep in mind hydroplaning is at speed, not when you're crawling down the street at 30 miles per hour.
    So basically, you mean they're wrong. Less braking performance is never good in my book and I like the front end to stick not wash out.
    If you are relying on 60-0 in 100 feet vs 120, you are living dangerously.
    Eoin said:
    had the tires rotated for the first time with about 50k on them, a little wear on the fronts but nothing too bad. argue with the mechanic, he says put the best tires on the rears. so whats the purpose of rotating them....they are now rotated for another 50k
    He is correct.

maybe for high speed performance. the only reason these tires are holding up like this is because i hate these tires

The short answer is safety for the average driver.  If you have less tread in the front, any hydroplaning will be understeer which is much easier to control than oversteer for an average driver.  Keep in mind hydroplaning is at speed, not when you're crawling down the street at 30 miles per hour.
    So basically, you mean they're wrong. Less braking performance is never good in my book and I like the front end to stick not wash out.
    You've never pulled up inches from the car in front??
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849

It’s a footy-fest this week. There’s games ahoy; left, right and breakfast time.  An already busy period’s been spiced up by the re-scheduling of Man U v Liverpool.  The match was abandoned after an outbreak of hooliganism and wanton destruction, by the respective owners.  (Biting satire there in case you missed it)

And Everton are still not 7th, so here we go - strap in;

Tonight, Leicester v Newcastle - a slip against Saints displeased Big Bren. No slips here 2-0

Saturday, Leeds v Spurs - the visitors rediscovered their sparkle directly after the fun-sponge Jose left. 2-3

Sheff Utd v Palace, could be the last points and goals Palace record this season.  But this is Palace so hard to pick between 0-0 and 1-0.  I’ll go nil-all. (Please just make it end)

Man City v Chelsea, the CL final dress-rehearsal. Not much left for the hosts to play for so expect constant squad rotation. Chelsea still pulling like a Cummins. 1-2

Liverpool v Southampton, Reds finding it tough to squeeze in to Europe next year - I reckon they have to win this to stay in touch. Nervy 2-1

In the championship Stoke have a say in the promotion race albeit as opposition to one of the candidates. A win for the Cherries means a slightly better entry to the Play-Offs. Potters on the beach, Bourenmouth 3-0.

Sunday, Wolves v Brighton, low goal thriller in store, 1-0

Aston Villa v Man Utd, a win for Ole more or less nails on CL next year. I think they’ll do just that. 0-2

West Ham v Everton, can the Hammers hold on in the rarefied heights of 5th?  Toffees look out of ideas now and will coast to 7th in due course. 2-0

Arsenal v West Brom, meh - the Baggies can mathematically stay up and the Gunners are treading water now. Could be awful, could be spectacular; but 1-1.

Monday, Fulham v Burnley - a home win might predicate an end of season roll reversal. Unlikely but possible and a lot of fun along the way. 1-0, then.

Tuesday, Man Utd v Leicester - maybe a 2nd place face-off so ego’s at play and Big Bren’s is visible from space. Spicey encounter I hope. 2-3 or 3-2. Er, 3-2 and Ole is carried off on shoulders.

Southampton v Palace,  they don’t like us, we don’t like them. Have ‘miserable evening’ in my diary already. 3-0.

Wednesday, Chelsea v Arsenal - easy three points for Tommy T. 2-0 at a canter.

Thursday, Aston Villa v Everton - is this when the Toffees stumble in to 7th? Could be. 0-1

Man Utd v Liverpool, unlikely either set of owners will be taking the Manchester evening air while strolling around the pitch pre-game.  The Reds need all the points they can get.  Utd might be on the beach if they beat Leicester. At this stage I am going 1-2 with Utd scoring late and Jurgy going bolo on the touchline for ten minutes without drawing breath. 

A veritable cornucopia of permutations there.  Enjoy the ride.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    CPFC1905 said:

It’s a footy-fest this week. There’s games ahoy; left, right and breakfast time.  An already busy period’s been spiced up by the re-scheduling of Man U v Liverpool.  The match was abandoned after an outbreak of hooliganism and wanton destruction, by the respective owners.  (Biting satire there in case you missed it)

Tonight, Leicester v Newcastle - a slip against Saints displeased Big Bren. No slips here 2-0

Saturday, Leeds v Spurs - the visitors rediscovered their sparkle directly after the fun-sponge Jose left. 2-3

Sheff Utd v Palace, could be the last points and goals Palace record this season.  But this is Palace so hard to pick between 0-0 and 1-0.  I’ll go nil-all. (Please just make it end)

Man City v Chelsea, the CL final dress-rehearsal. Not much left for the hosts to play for so expect constant squad rotation. Chelsea still pulling like a Cummins. 1-2

Liverpool v Southampton, Reds finding it tough to squeeze in to Europe next year - I reckon they have to win this to stay in touch. Nervy 2-1

In the championship Stoke have a say in the promotion race albeit as opposition to one of the candidates. A win for the Cherries means a slightly better entry to the Play-Offs. Potters on the beach, Bourenmouth 3-0.

Aston Villa v Man Utd, a win for Ole more or less nails on CL next year. I think they’ll do just that. 0-2

West Ham v Everton, can the Hammers hold on in the rarefied heights of 5th?  Toffees look out of ideas now and will coast to 7th in due course. 2-0

Arsenal v West Brom, meh - the Baggies can mathematically stay up and the Gunners are treading water now. Could be awful, could be spectacular; but 1-1.

Monday, Fulham v Burnley - a home win might predicate an end of season roll reversal. Unlikely but possible and a lot of fun along the way. 1-0, then.

Tuesday, Man Utd v Leicester - maybe a 2nd place face-off so ego’s at play and Big Bren’s is visible from space. Spicey encounter I hope. 2-3 or 3-2. Er, 3-2 and Ole is carried off on shoulders.

Southampton v Palace,  they don’t like us, we don’t like them. Have ‘miserable evening’ in my diary already. 3-0.

Thursday, Aston Villa v Everton - is this when the Toffees stumble in to 7th? Could be. 0-1

Man Utd v Liverpool, unlikely either set of owners will be taking the Manchester evening air while strolling around the pitch pre-game.  The Reds need all the points they can get.  Utd might be on the beach if they beat Leicester. At this stage I am going 1-2 with Utd scoring late and Jurgy going bolo on the touchline for ten minutes without drawing breath. 

I want to get annoyed every time I see you post  a 1,500 word update about soccer, but then I think "my god if this guy is that passionate about SOCCER good for him". We should all be so passionate about something in our lives.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    He is correct.

https://booth.law/faulty-tire-rotation-lawsuit/

Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    He is correct.

Nola tends to drive with the objective of there not being any cars in front of him.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    CPFC1905 said:

I want to get annoyed every time I see you post  a 1,500 word update about soccer, but then I think "my god if this guy is that passionate about SOCCER good for him". We should all be so passionate about something in our lives.
    And I'm the crazy American that actually looked at this thread earlier this morning hoping to find the soccer journal entry and it wasn't posted yet...

@CPFC1905, I want to congratulate you on perfect predictions this week.  I can't argue with any of them.  I'm tempted to empty all my bank accounts and just bet on every game so I can have twice as much money by the end of the weekend.  I would encourage others to do the same.  

OK.  I know that you'll miss on most of them, but I still think I'd take your predictions over those of any broadcaster or other expert I've ever seen.  Well done.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    He is correct.

https://booth.law/faulty-tire-rotation-lawsuit/

The last time I spun a car on the road in the wet was when I was 19 and driving an R5 with baldish tyres all round. An introduction to lift off oversteer. I've never spun or come remotely near to spinning a car since with around 1m miles covered. I've definitely pulled up just short of hitting something a few times, so my experience colours my decision making. I always fit good tyres and look for wet performance above all.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    what if you are driving 50 mph backwards on a high way pulling a trailer (or is that pushing a trailer) while waving at the guy behind you to slow down. do the good tires go in the front or is the front considered the back. been there, done that, then miraculously swung around to truck in front conveniently missing a fully loaded logging truck.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    Wishing I had corn to sell.  If we get some substantial rain in the Midwest the futures will adjust, but anybody with significant volume to sell right now, good for you.
  • nolaegghead
    what if you are driving 50 mph backwards on a high way pulling a trailer (or is that pushing a trailer) while waving at the guy behind you to slow down. do the good tires go in the front or is the front considered the back. been there, done that, then miraculously swung around to truck in front conveniently missing a fully loaded logging truck.

In that case, and if it's the only way you drive, put the good tires on the front.
    edited May 2021

In that case, and if it's the only way you drive, put the good tires on the front.

took about 6 months to find out what happened, transfer case locked up tight then released.  when i got this current truck it said to rotate side to side on the same axle which made no sense to me, now i know why
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • CPFC1905
    Foghorn said:

And I'm the crazy American that actually looked at this thread earlier this morning hoping to find the soccer journal entry and it wasn't posted yet...

@CPFC1905, I want to congratulate you on perfect predictions this week.  I can't argue with any of them.  I'm tempted to empty all my bank accounts and just bet on every game so I can have twice as much money by the end of the weekend.  I would encourage others to do the same.  

OK.  I know that you'll miss on most of them, but I still think I'd take your predictions over those of any broadcaster or other expert I've ever seen.  Well done.
    You've cranked up the pressure there.  😄
    I have implored our peers several times to stake the farm and judging by the score so far in Leicester,  maybe they were right?

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    edited May 2021
    Wishing I had corn to sell.  If we get some substantial rain in the Midwest the futures will adjust, but anybody with significant volume to sell right now, good for you.
    Probably not what you would consider significant volume but I do have half a bin full. $7.67 a bushel here 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    Eoin said:

The last time I spun a car on the road in the wet was when I was 19 and driving an R5 with baldish tyres all round. An introduction to lift off oversteer. I've never spun or come remotely near to spinning a car since with around 1m miles covered. I've definitely pulled up just short of hitting something a few times, so my experience colours my decision making. I always fit good tyres and look for wet performance above all.
    Lift-off oversteer; 'the French way' to spin.  205's were good at that too.
    I managed to unintentionally parallel park an A4 Avant exiting a roundabout,  turns out the rear shocks had gone.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:

Lift-off oversteer; 'the French way' to spin.  205's were good at that too.
    I managed to unintentionally parallel park an A4 Avant exiting a roundabout,  turns out the rear shocks had gone.
    The French used to know how to build cheap fun cars.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868
    I had a dream last night where I was teaching in Karachi and had this thought “oh I should tell everyone on this forum that I’m in Pakistan!”

It’s possible there’s something seriously wrong with me.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Pricing re-outfitting my golf game. Bag, fairway woods, irons and putter.....makes BGE look cheap
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    ColbyLang said:
    Pricing re-outfitting my golf game. Bag, fairway woods, irons and putter.....makes BGE look cheap
    It doesn't have to be.  Thrift stores have clubs.  Many times I've seen actual wood clubs there.  Not these alternative new age material knock offs.  Sometimes you can put together two complete sets for less money than a new driver at Golf Galaxy.  Check it out! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • I had a dream last night where I was teaching in Karachi and had this thought “oh I should tell everyone on this forum that I’m in Pakistan!”

I assume you are fluent in Urdu?

For many, many years, my grandmother owned a house in Karachi and spent nearly half of every year there. The photos and stories were incredible. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    kl8ton said:
    ColbyLang said:
    It doesn't have to be.  Thrift stores have clubs.  Many times I've seen actual wood clubs there.  Not these alternative new age material knock offs.  Sometimes you can put together two complete sets for less money than a new driver at Golf Galaxy.  Check it out! 
    I have a friend who's putting a bag of used clubs together from Craigslist/Marketplace. My friend had a package show up on his doorstep the other day. He noticed it had his name on the box but redirected from a Minneapolis address. (The package must have been sent back to FedEx from the previous delivery as my friend never lived in Minneapolis and the other address was crossed out. FedEx must have just assumed that my friend had moved from Minneapolis to his new place being the same name of the package. They were wrong. No return name on address on the box) So he opened the box up and found a Scotty Cameron putter head in the box. I want to say it was a first or early edition on his putters. He brought it to the local golf store and they offered to buy it from him for $550 as he wanted to learn more about it. He bought a shaft for it and tossed it in his golf bag. Talk about a weird coincidence and timing while collecting clubs.... 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868
    I had a dream last night where I was teaching in Karachi and had this thought “oh I should tell everyone on this forum that I’m in Pakistan!”

For many, many years, my grandmother owned a house in Karachi and spent nearly half of every year there. The photos and stories were incredible. 
    Nowhere close to fluent in Urdu, but I have been to Karachi as it happens.  My father and I visited when I was a sophomore in college.  A bit of a long story why we did that, but it was a formative experience and not one I’ll ever forget.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,182
    edited May 2021

Nowhere close to fluent in Urdu, but I have been to Karachi as it happens.  My father and I visited when I was a sophomore in college.  A bit of a long story why we did that, but it was a formative experience and not one I’ll ever forget.
    What’s with you being flagged on every post within minutes of posting?

Spoken in a whisper but with an outdoor voice: I think you’ve got a secret admirer. 

(Edit: Looking in your direction, @nolaegghead.)