Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Watching little man wield the remote.

Is it annoying to have your TV up that high?  I suppose you get used to it.

Options
    PS - cute kid, nice house
    Options

You have some cool art on your wall, my man.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Nice.  I should have known you figured that one out already.  ;)
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - Great photo of one of kids who "own" the palace.  A spectacular place, just coupling this with all the photos you have shared with your decorating and designing of a very family enjoyable home.  Never mind the vehicular traffic that graces the streets.  Congratulations on all fronts.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,655
    Options

Is it annoying to have your TV up that high?  I suppose you get used to it.

You only saw it in stealth mode. This was one of the best recommendations we’ve ever gotten. (I hear it’s great for viewings of some new movie about John Dolbow or someone.)

Thanks for the house compliments, @nolaegghead. As I think you know, we moved in within the last year. A modest house, but we couldn’t imagine ourselves any happier in our home. I am grateful for every morsel I can grab a hold of. 

That made me laugh out loud. Well played sir.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options

Thanks a lot. We’ve been big art fans for years. More than you want to know, I’m sure, but we met studying the arts. The piece on the right was purchased on our honeymoon some 13 years ago. We owned a Mustang at the time and the frame of the painting was literally bending to fit inside of the coupe for the long-haul drive home. We’ve picked up a few pieces along the way. Most recently, I’ve bought quite a bit of art in the classifieds. If you know what you’re looking for and are scrupulous, you can pick up some absolute bargains, even for well-known artists. The piece on the left that you see was purchased for a song from a collector that also owned originals from celebrated photographer Yousuf Karsh. 

I bet you have some cool pieces, John. Have been meaning to start an art thread for a while. Thanks for nudging me over the line. Hope to see you contribute there. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,292
    edited April 2021
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations - Great photo of one of kids who "own" the palace.  A spectacular place, just coupling this with all the photos you have shared with your decorating and designing of a very family enjoyable home.  Never mind the vehicular traffic that graces the streets.  Congratulations on all fronts.
    Thanks, and you’ve got a great memory, Frank. The beasts will soon be on the prowl. Seen a few already, now that the snow is gone. Bet yours has seen some action as of late. 😎
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options

Thanks a lot. We’ve been big art fans for years. More than you want to know, I’m sure, but we met studying the arts. The piece on the right was purchased on our honeymoon some 13 years ago. We owned a Mustang at the time and the frame of the painting was literally bending to fit inside of the coupe for the long-haul drive home. We’ve picked up a few pieces along the way. Most recently, I’ve bought quite a bit of art in the classifieds. If you know what you’re looking for and are scrupulous, you can pick up some absolute bargains, even for well-known artists. The piece on the left that you see was purchased for a song from a collector that also owned originals from celebrated photographer Yousuf Karsh. 

I bet you have some cool pieces, John. Have been meaning to start an art thread for a while. Thanks for nudging me over the line. Hope to see you contribute there. 
    We do have some cool pieces by local artists, as well as gifts from my students.  I’ll contribute for sure.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    SGH said:

Are you living on one of them new Musk colonies on Mars?
  • SGH
    Options
    Unfortunately not. I’m stuck in a refinery. I try hard to avoid them now that I am older and crippled up. But once every couple of years I have to go back to them temporarily. 

Status- Standing by.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,426
    Options
    @SGH, Shell/Royal Dutch?
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,292
    edited April 2021
    Options
    This really belongs in the music thread, but I’m just introducing my son to the classics and couldn’t find that thread. 

If you haven’t before seen this, do yourself a favour and watch it from start to finish without interruption. Haunting. Funnily enough, my folks grew up in Toronto and saw some neat acts at the El Macambo over the years. Not him though, unfortunately. 

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    SGH said:
    Unfortunately not. I’m stuck in a refinery. I try hard to avoid them now that I am older and crippled up. But once every couple of years I have to go back to them temporarily. 
    Guess there’s a price to be paid to keep you in good supply of Roundhouses and Feather blades. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    Making a ham glaze. Kind of a mash up from egret’s maple bourbon paste/Ron’s peach preserves and I added hot honey and cardamom. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Enjoying a long weekend with the family. Visiting oldest son at Purdue. There is something awesome about a good college town, and whilst it is in the middle of nowhere Indiana, we really enjoy visiting. 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Sideways picture of Redwood country. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• GrateEggspectations
    Options

Mommy blue bird did not disappoint my morning coffee this morning on the porch
    Like nature is celebrating Easter. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @johnmitchell, I love it when you post pictures of what is going on in that birdhouse.  That is just way too cool. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    Burning brush. Started yesterday but the winds decided to kick up to 25mph so quickly extinguished it. Calm morning now. Happy Easter!

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!